“Decent hotel with some minor irritations.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Manchester
“Decent hotel with some minor irritations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights after completing the 7 night Yucatan Explorer tour with Thomsons. Our welcome by the smiling staff to this hotel was great – although our room wasn’t ready when we arrived we went to have lunch and our key was waiting when we got back to reception. This is where it started to go wrong – our key wouldn’t work, so we had to keep returning to reception to try and get access to our room. The problem was never fully resolved; we just learned that if you jiggled the key a bit we could generally get in eventually. Our room when we did get in was really nice with a seating area, bedroom with jacuzzi and balcony.

The hotel grounds and pools were nicely laid out but did seem a bit crowded with very little open spaces. The four poster sun beds by the pools were really comfy and available to all on a first come first served basis, but we managed to get one most days at the quieter pool near to the reception area.

The novelty of having all ‘a la carte’ restaurants rather than buffets was excellent and made the holiday seem really special. Unfortunately, my husband was stricken by the Mexican tummy on our 2nd day and didn’t recover before we left so we didn’t really take full advantage of them. Not sure if he picked up the bug here or on our earlier tour. The all inclusive drinks were excellent and covered all branded drinks and cocktails. The bar staff were really attentive and the wait staff came round the pool offering drinks and nibbles all day with a smile.

Sometimes the restaurant service was good and sometimes very bad, we walked out of the Italian restaurant after waiting 45 minutes for someone to take our dessert order.

The only other gripe we had was we never could find out what entertainment was going on and where. I think they could do with some kind of leaflet or notice board with a list of events and venues.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel but only for a week at a time as we got a bit bored after that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,358)
  • Polish first
Wrexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a late review due to moving home and Christmas. The whole stay was great. The room, food, weather and the staff are brilliant. Nothing was too small to deal with, the staff always had a smile, they go out of their way to help. The location is great. We travel a lot and here you are made to feel special. This is our 15th visit to the Caribbean, my wife and I have said the best in the area. We have seen bad reviews for here. We're those holiday makers at the same hotel that ye stayed at? I fully recommend a visit. Although it does make a difference the time of year that you go due to weather. So choose wisely the time of year, not the cheap time in their bad weather time. It was a great holiday.

• Stayed November 2013
Austin, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I recently became a member of Exotic Travelers. This stay was the first time to use my membership. Our stay was flawless. The room was a swim out suite with a jacuzzi indoors overlooking the private pool. Our room was lovely! Can't beat the 24 hr room service. The beach was amazing. Plenty of cabanas, plus our own private cabana. There were servers everywhere! I was offered drinks in the private pool as well as on the beach. Exotic travelers held a special welcome dinner for members which included mariachis. We enjoyed the restaurants, but not quite as much as El Dorado Royale. The Italian restaurant was my favorite, didn't care much for the Mexican restaurant. Lunch was by far the most amazing meal. They prepared different food on the beach, from paella one day, to BBQ another. I didn't partake much in the activities, mainly bc I went after the peak season (late August). I hope to go again during the same time. Felt like a personal paradise.

• Stayed August 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My partner and I went to El Dorado Seaside Suites in September/October 2013, and I have to say that I was extremely impressed. Our room, a swim up, was fantastic, even with the pool and bar just outside it was quiet at night, and relaxing during the day. All services were fantastic, particularly the men on the beach who handed out snorkels, and of course the food! In two weeks we left the resort only 3 times for organised trips. Overall an incredible holiday, and have recommended this resort to family and friends, and hopefully will be visiting again soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Haven't been to many all inclusive resorts but this place was worth the money paid especially for peak season. Me and my boyfriend went from December 28th 2013 to January 4th, 2014. The Staff was super friendly and went out of their way to serve us. Did not feel like I had to leave the resort to do any activities as there was plenty to do and a great atmosphere to relax in if one did not want to do anything. We did book some trips through the hotel and had a blast on big excursions. Plenty of restaurants to eat at for dinner and the dress code was not off putting in any way which I thought it would be. Room service rocked and it was overall a wonderful experience(;

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited the Eldorado Seaside Suites for our honeymoon and my birthday. It was amazing! beautiful beach, hotel, and the food was the best we have ever had while traveling. The service was top notch and everyone was very friendly. We would travel back here in a heart beat and have recommended it to our friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Where do I start, the accommodation was excellent, the food was awesome apart from the Thai restaurant which was a bit slow with service but, the mexican was brilliant and Nelson the waiter could not do enough for us! The Italian restaurant had an amazing house red wine, all in all the food was great. The beach was average towards the main hotel reception but further south away from the reception the beach was beautiful. The spa facilities were excellent too with full use of the gym at no extra charge. The staff at this hotel were more than helpful and they helped me to set up an evening to propose to my now fiancée which will always be remembered. There's only 2things which I would class as gripes, first being the hotel was still putting the finishing touches to the new accommodation which caused a bit of noise but not major and if they ask you to go to the office for an exclusive offer on accommodation for future holidays politely decline! We will be going back soon to this amazing place.

Room Tip: Do not be put off by getting a suite although cheaper in my opinion better than a swim up room.