“Excelente” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 35% Off + Credit
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
York, United Kingdom
“Excelente”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pleasant indigenous staff, good choice of food, great entertainment, efficient transfer, clean, on a par at least with holidays in all inclusive Carribean locations... Ideal s.t. the importance you place on golf, catamarans, or other such activities not directly offered...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,228)
  • Polish first
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Imagine the most amazing place in the world you could ever go and EDSS is two steps above that!

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon to EDSS and words cannot express how A-MAZING our experience was. To begin, it is literally paradise on earth…everything is perfect at this place. The grounds, the rooms, the pools, the food, the staff, the beach, EVERYTHING! I read hundreds of reviews of this place on TA before going and a quick note, anybody who rated this resort low must be a picky, spoiled snob, because at EDSS you will be treated like absolute royalty in every respect! I will break down my review by category that way each of you reading this will be able to sift through my material quickly because I have a lot to say!!!

Transfers/Arrivals

When we arrived at Cancun International airport we did exactly as our travel agent said (Patty with Totem Travel is the best by the way!!!) we went past the time share people and were met by the Lomas travel agent and boy were they polite and prompt. They immediately led us to our vehicle gave us some great info about the area and whisked us away to our resort. They even have ice cold Corona’s available for 2.50, which is a real nice touch after a super long flight in which beer costs 6 bucks a can! When we finally arrived at the resort we were immediately blown away. The driveway that leads to the resort is surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful palm tress…then once we entered the lobby we were amazed by 3 things right away…it smelled wonderful, it was nice and cool, and the people were EXTREMLY friendly, polite, and hospitable! We were given a fresh glass of Champaign and were then carried to our rooms via golf cart…

The Rooms

WOW! Talk about total luxury! We had the basic suite, but boy was it awesome! To begin it was so clean and it smelled so good (I have a touchy nose and notice bad smells and our room smelled good all week long!) The bed was huge and super comfortable to sleep on. Each morning we got new towel art decorated on our beds. The Jacuzzi was nice and spacious and was restocked with bubble bath and towels daily. The bathrooms were huge, double sink, and a large glass shower with plenty of good smelling soaps and shampoos! Our view was very basic, but honestly it didn’t matter cause we were on the beach most of the time anyway and had a great view from there, but they do have rooms available on the 6th floor premium suites which I hear have a great view!

Room Service

This aspect of the trip blew us away! You get 24/7 room service! As soon as my wife and I arrived we were tired and didn’t want to go to the restaurants so we ordered in 3 entree’s via room service and they were delicious! I recommend the fried burritos and my wife recommends the shrimp quesadillas…

The Grounds

This was probably the most surprisingly amazing part of the trip. First of all you need to know that this is a secluded resort. It is nowhere near a city, town, or even another resort. This makes for an incredible quiet, peaceful, and ROMANTIC atmosphere! There are palm trees/coconut trees everywhere. There are exotic plants and greenery. And if you are lucky you may even see some exotic wildlife walking to breakfast one morning like we did when we saw a cool looking crab the grounds are also kept in beautiful, clean shape. We would walk to breakfast and see half a dozen workers paying attention to the finest details, such as sweeping flower petals off the walk ways or trimming the gardens, or raking the sand along the side of the paths. We even saw the janitors cleaning windows at 11:30 at night, they are constantly working to make this place look like paradise!!!

The Food

Oh the food! This AI resort is special because aside from two breakfast buffets and one outdoor grill ALL the restaurants are A la’ carte and you can order as many plates as you want, so essentially every meal is at least a 4 course meal!… I am going to briefly review each restaurant in order of our favorite to our least favorite…

La Vida Garden Grill (Breakfast & Dinner)

This was by far our favorite! It has a romantic garden atmosphere with a beautiful fountain at the center of the room and the atmosphere adds a lot to this place. It also has the best food for breakfast and dinner. For breakfast I had literally the best French toast of my life (it had an orange honey sauce over it with whipped cream and a little syrup. For dinner my wife and I ate there twice and each time I got the skirt steak, the second time around we also ordered their penne pasta and fettuccini pasta and honestly it was better than the actual Italian place…

Klay Talay (Asian, Dinner)

This was our second favorite… it had the best appetizers and best desserts but could not top the skirt steak at the other place. Order the fried ice cream for desert, it is out of this world!!!

Sandwicherie (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)

This was an outdoor restaurant right on the beach. We want to give a shout out to Gabriel, the best waiter on the resort! This place has exotic hamburgers, pizzas, and sandwiches, and I mean exotic…Best place to eat lunch!

Arreifes (Breakfast, Lunch , & Dinner)

La Vida Garden Grill may have had the best food for breakfast but not by far. This place has the biggest breakfast buffet I have ever seen! It had pastries, tropical fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, hot meals, hot cereal, cold cereal, pancakes, French toast, fried eggs, bacon, omelets, sausage, and fresh squeezed orange juice…not to mention their coffee was really good too! As for lunch it was ok, don’t order the coconut custard, it was awful. We never got to this place for dinner but it was best at breakfast…

La Carreta (Mexican, Dinner)

Best tortilla soup ever! Order this and you will walk out of this place happy!

Mia Casa (Italian, Dinner)

This was our least favorite. The pasta was good but the appetizers were weird and the wine was sub par…

Men: Make sure you pack plenty of kaki shorts, loafers, and button up shirts or polos, they have a dress code for all evening meals…I got away with a nice pair of flip flops and they never said anything though…

Women: According to the Mexicans you already know how to dress

The Beach

You may have read some reviews that say the beach is basically rough, crushed up coral…that is only a partially true statement. There are actually two main beaches at EDSS, the small one has this problem, but the big main beach is nice soft sand! The beach also has a ton of activities. We went kayaking and snorkeling. Be careful on the kayaking, if you go to close to the reef they will yell at you. As for the snorkeling: IT IS INCREDIBLE! Please save some money and do not bother booking a snorkeling tour like we did, hoping the snorkeling would be better, the snorkeling on the beach at EDSS is just as good as the tour we booked to go snorkeling! As for the Cabana’s, we NEVER had to wait to get one, or were unable to find one, there were plenty available and when we were there the resort was booked. The staff on the beach will come by and take your drink order while you rest in the plenty of shaded areas and enjoy the incredible view of God’s marvelous creation!

The Staff

I can honestly say I miss the staff at EDSS because they were so nice and so friendly! The line you will hear the most from the staff the whole time you are there is “It’s my pleasure” they truly take joy in serving you, thus making you feel like true royalty. This is in the restaurant’s, on the beach, room service, lobby, you name it and the staff will treat you like a king and queen!

The Pools

Because of the newest edition there are actually 3 main pools now instead of just 2. There is a lap pool, an activity pool, and then our favorite was kind of a lounge pool. It had a swim up bar which had amazing drinks! This place was perfect in the afternoon because most people are there in the morning. The activity pool was too crowded and loud for us but if you like more of an upbeat scene that is the place to be during the day (and the only upbeat place on the whole resort mind you, if you want a party resort this is NOT the place to go, if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, secluded paradise, then this IS where you need to go!)

I simply cannot say enough good things about this place! Over and over my wife and I said “this is truly as close to paradise on earth that you can get!” I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting an all inclusive resort because you will not in anyway regret it! Also if you are wanting to go through a travel agent I suggest Patty Hougoton from Totem Travels, she is so personable and did an amazing job planning the perfect trip for us! Well, I guess that is all until our next visit, which hopefully will be very soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, get whatever you desire!
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What can we say, our second visit to this amazing resort - and another five stars well earnt!!
The primary basis for this visit was to research the available facilities to come back next year and get married here. Well worth the trip - we're coming back next April to tie the knot and couldn't think of anywhere better in our experience to get married.
Amazingly, some of our favourites from last year have changed and this year our favourite restaurants are the Trattoria, managed extremely professionally by Ignacio.......a well run, well organised outdoor restaurant to enjoy al fresco dining in the evening at its best! Thank you Ignacio for your attentive service and out of the box experience!
La Vida Garden Restaurant, has been amazing too this year, and a special mention to Jonathan and Meche, both are outstanding in Customer Service and go beyond the call of duty to ensure you have an amazing time?
The Mexican restaurant was still good even though the wonderful Natalia is leaving for a two month vacation around Europe, sorry to see her go and Mia Casa, the Italian Restaurant still serves the most amazing tomato soup I have ever experienced.
Arricifes Restaurant is a disappointment this year, the popular breakfast eatery needs some work doing on it, more so the management and staff, last year Ignacio had this dining facility run to military style, and unfortunately, times change and he is now running the Trattoria, well done Ignacio, but unfortunately, Eduordo - the new Manager, has not a clue about customer service! On a number of occasions he has opened late, some food is laid out 30 minutes late, and this morning, we ordered French Toast with Swiss Cheese and ham, only to wait 35 Minutes for it to arrive! This I hasten to add, is the ONLY downside we can see to El Dorado Seaside Suites, and I'm sure the management are aware of this and will work on it until they are satisfied they have it right. Fortunately, there are a number of other great restaurants you can enjoy breakfast at!
A mention has to go to Carlos, he runs Sandwichierie, aside the beach bar, I have never seen such a happy person in his job, always happy, smiling, whistling......here's a man who really enjoys his job, and runs a fine eatery for both breakfast and lunch.
I can't leave this review without mentioning the most important person, in our experience, during our 2013 stay........Edgar!
We joined the Exotic Travellers club last year, and one of the benefits of this was being upgraded to a Royal Suite, right across from the beach, our own Butler, and choice of spirits (all Branded - Johnnie Walker Black Label, Baileys for my Fiancé, and Malibu and Vodka) in our room.
Edgar has been an absolute pleasure!!
From reserving sun loungers ( this can be done after 7am, and they supply the towels, don't bring your own- you won't need them) to making reservations for our evening meals.....and trust me, when your butler makes a reservation for you, you enjoy Very Special Treatment indeed!
If you get the opportunity, visit this resort, it's our second time.....we bought a lot less items of clothing than last year as we knew what to wear and what not to, Gents are still expected to wear collars in the evening (no football shirts guys, or flip flops) they will allow tailored shorts, and girls often make an effort in the evening anyhow......great excuse for a new wardrobe eh girls?
Finally, to sum it up, we have met and made some great friends here, a lot of people are on there 2nd or 3rd time here.....and will keep coming back......that must speak for itself.
Thank you Karisma Resorts, and to all the staff who've made our 2013 holiday a very special one indeed.
Andy & Caroline Ludford

Room Tip: Lower floors tend to carry noise from upstairs!
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to Mexico and have stayed in a different hotel each time.
This hotel is small enough to be peaceful and personal yet big enough to be alone.
The new block is open and I cannot agree with earlier reviews that it is detrimental. Yes it is visually different to the others rooms but its not offensive and the rooms in there are far superior to the older rooms in the hotel.
In our 2 wk stay the longest restaurant wait we have had is 25 mins and we have only waited twice in 14 days. But hey, so what....go to the bar with your pager and have a relaxed drink whilst u wait...after all you are on holiday so what's the rush!!!
The service is excellent except breakfast drinks can be a tad slower. Staff will provide u with anything u request be it daily champagne awaiting you in your room to diff pillows or something as simple as an extra box of tissue.
Also they are building (almost finished) 2 extra restaurants to cater for the extra ppl in the new block. Not that it's a problem without them.
We have loved it. We would recommend it but I will say take the complaining reviews on here with a little pinch of salt...some ppl will never be happy no matter what!!

• Stayed June 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was our 4th trip in 7 years and we can't wait for next year! We've loved every moment of every visit and have never had a complaint. The food is wonderful, the staff are out of this world amazing and the spa is among the very best I've ever experienced. My husband particularly loves the snorkeling he gets to do there while just sunbathe. We've always stayed at the swim-up suites so we can simply step out of our room and into the pool. A little pricier, but well worth it. To the other reviewer who complained about the "Americans", I was one of those Americans during your trip and as I've only ever stayed in those suites I can tell you that that has always been the atmosphere at that particular swim-up. They each have their own personalities of sorts and maybe you should try one of the other swim-ups, perhaps at the new building next time if that crowd wasn't what you were looking for. As a side note: the girl who passed out WAS in the 18-30 bracket (22), she was Canadian (not American) and she and her 3 friends were trying to keep up with the 6 or so Englishmen (also in the 18-30 range). The Americans, though we did enjoy our time of loud crassness right alongside the much younger group (thanks for pointing that out, by the way) were the ones helping everyone safely out of the pool after too much fun.

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

just arrived back from this wonderful resort. Welcomed after the long flight with a glass of champagne. Checking in was not your usual hassle with everything being done for you. it was also lovely that when we arrived we had been upgraded to the premium rooms which were unbelievable. The resort is amazing and so beautiful. The mood lighting at night is so relaxing and really sets the scene. The restaurants are brilliant with each one having its own unique theme and dining experience. You will never get 'fed up' of eating at the restaurants. As well as the sit down meals there are plenty of lighter options should you want it. The staff are so helpful and every request was met immediately. The staff really go out of their way to ensure your requests are met. Daily activities and great night time shows really made the holiday. Not your usual cabaret but quality shows to include cultural shows to show you about the Mexican traditions. The beach is just perfect and there is no fights for beds. We really cannot say enough about this resort it was the perfect couples break, we stayed for 2 weeks and could have stayed 2 weeks more. We are already saving for our next visit to this resort next year.

Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked this hotel as our usual hotel in Riviera Maya was fully booked.
What a pleasant surprise, food extraordinary! the service was amazing, specially by Alfonso from the oriental restaurant and Alicia from the Gucamayas bar. Both thumbs up: you do not need reservations for the restaurants, and have plenty of time to visit them from 5:30pm to 10pm. Ordered room service every single morning and they were always on time and set the table for you, just like in the restaurant.
We enjoyed different shows every night while enjoying our favorite margarita with Don Julio, so top shelf alcohol is served here.
We really enjoyed a walk along the beach, as they have quite the large stretch of shore.
Just in front of the hotel you have a reef area, so bring your water shoes to protect your feet, as well as your snorkeling equipment, with just an easy swim you are just admiring one of the best reef areas.
The room is spacious and has a jacuzzi inside. We really enjoyed that everything is very close, pool, bars, beach area.
I was also impressed by the gardens, they really take care of them, no problems finding shade on th beach area just get close to one of the huge palm trees.
Ruben from the entertainment team keeps you busy! Do not miss the volleyball games he sets up.

Room Tip: Pay for a swim-up, it is worth it if like spending you time at the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!