“Our two week vacation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 32% Off + Credit
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Our two week vacation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Me & my husband travelled to Mexico in June 2012 & stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suite, we had an amazing time and would definitely recommend this hotel. All the rooms come with a jacuzzi as standard with a nice clean shower room, the beds are also very comfortable with your own little mini bar which is stocked daily. The room service is also great which we ordered a breakfast a couple of times.
The beach is fantastic, the sand is so clean- they are constantly picking up the rocks to keep the beach nice and clear. The sea is gorgeous so warm, you can do lots of activities for free such as snorkelling which me & my husband did a lot, kayaking which they did in the morning and then followed with snorkelling. You got your drinks served to you on the beach, which you can enjoy a nice cocktail while your sunbathing. The hotel does not allow children it's an adults only so the beaches are very quiet. Compared to some of the other hotels this is probably one of the smaller ones which we feel was better as you didn't get lost in a massive complex.
There was 5 restaurants to choose from which were all excellent and we enjoyed all our meals we had, we particularly enjoyed the Italian and the Asian cuisine which we loved the sushi. There was also a BBQ everyday on the beach which served fresh fish.
One of the trips out that we enjoyed was swimming with the dolphins, it's definitely a must. There are plenty of excursions to go to but I must admit we did miss the hotel when we were away, you are just to spoiled.
Riviera Maya is a lovely part of Mexico to stay, I don't think you can go wrong with wherever you stay. It is more of a quiet area compared to Cancun which is why it's good for couples who are looking for a nice relaxing holiday. I think with regards to the weather it can be hit or miss, for us we had lovely sunshine and just two days of rain which didn't spoil it for us at all. It is still warm when it's raining and it's just an excuse to stay by the bar and enjoy the cocktails.
Anyway I could probably talk about this hotel all day but I will sum up by saying me and my husband fully enjoyed our holiday, we both couldn't fault any of it. We meet some really nice people and everyone was really friendly especially the staff which worked there, they would do anything for you and all worked really hard. We would give this holiday 10/10, the only thing we wouldn't do again is book the lounges at the airport for coming home- this was a waste of money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

4,314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,119)
  • Polish first
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had enjoyed a very interesting tour of the Yucatan peninsula for a week (with Thomsons) and chose the Seaside Suites,( for our week of doing nothing!) because it was all inclusive, adults only and 5*. We were not disappointed. We asked for a quiet room which was well away from the centre of the resort, but near enough to the beach and it was beautiful. Spacious, well fitted with everything you could wish for and a lovely balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens. You could eat at any of the 5 restaurants without having to make a reservation (although at peak times you had to wait for a table) and the food was the best we have had on any holiday. It was all waiter service, even breakfast, and freshly cooked for you. There was a beach barbeque at lunch times, if you fancied a change from formal dining, where it was self service, but that was lovely as it was very informal. The staff were always friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The sea was beautiful and warm but difficult for swimming as it was so shallow up to the reef, and quite shingly, although all the time we were there there was work going on to clear the sea of rocks.
One thing we did find strange was that we were verbally told, on arrival, about the dress code for dinner in the restaurants (gentlemen should wear long trousers and collared shirts, and full shoes), and there was a notice outside each restaurants to this effect, but this rule was never enforced which was a shame as the restaurants were so smart and it did lower the tone. A lot of men in shorts and flip flops looking as if they had just come off the beach!
All in all the hotel was delightful and we would certainly recommend it to anyone going to Mexico.

Room Tip: We were in block 36 which was lovely and peaceful - a short stroll to the beach and restaurants.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed an wonderful relaxing winter vacation here. The grounds are beautiful, and they are environmental responsible using native plants. The food and service included in the all inclusive was very good. The alcoholic beverages were very average, but you could by a more premium wine or tequilla. They have a fabulous 5 star spa.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor thus we did not have the lazy river outside our patio but it was qu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having studied all the reviews before our trip, I have to say that all the positive reviews are accurate. I have been to several Excellence and Secrets hotels, and although my stays there were quite good, for the most part, this is better. Very few minor complaints which did not affect the trip enough to matter. I do not understand the very negative reviews at all - it sounds like those people went someplace else!

this was a girlfriends getaway, and although we knew that this was a "couples" place, we never felt uncomfortable. It took a bit of chatting at the front desk to make them understand that we reserved a room with two beds, not one, but finally were given the correct room. My understanding is that all of the rooms are alike - it is just the location that changes the price. Keep that in mind when booking, based on what you want to be near. The beds are awsome! the best bed I have ever slept in. The only real complaint we had was the lack of lighting in the rooms. If you like to read (something in print) in bed at night, bring along a "booklite" or something to help you see the page.

The food is really good - never had a bad meal (and we are New York foodies) a hidden gem is the Vida Garden restaurant. Ended up eating dinner here 3 nights because it was so good, and it's worth getting off the beach for an hour to have lunch here! We did feel "neglected" the one night we tried the Mexican restaurant. The food was really good, but we were the only table that did not get an appetizer tray with salsa, guac and chips. When we asked our waiter why we didn't get the same thing as the other tables, we were told that they were out of serving dishes. Funny, people who came in after us got it. hmmmm.

Unfortunately, I would not return or recommend this hotel as I believe that with the addition of the high-rise hotel on the property, it will be impossible to sit at the beach. There is just about enough space now, without that addition.

It was a great, relaxing week for us, but read reviews carefully to see if it is right for you.

Yes, toilets at the "other" end of the beach would be a welcome relief!

Girlfriend took two different day trips to ruins (I have seen them before and stayed on the beach) and she said they were not to be missed.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT.... I took the kayak trip one day - 2 "guides" came with us. one gave quick instructions, and then took off into the waves (red flag that day). 8 of us followed, but the 2 guides stayed in front! I accidently got caught on a reef (and I am a seasoned kayaker) and nobody realized I fell from first place to last in the group. If it had been someone less experienced, they would have been in BIG trouble. One guide should always be in the back to make sure everyone is safe!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Congleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have just returned from our 2nd stay at this resort. We found it absolutely perfect first time and is has not changed. The suites are very well furnished and spotlessly clean. The concierges (Alex and Raul this time) cannot do enough for you. The food is excellent and a huge variety. (top marks
to Rubicel and Ignacio in this category). The bar staff (too many to mention this time) also do great jobs. How do they manage to remember your name and drink when they have so many guests? Lucy looked after us well at the lap pool, including her wonderfull minted ice-cool face cloths - sheer luxury. The star of the show for me is Enrique Olvera (Manager), what a lovely man, who deserves full credit for this seamlessly run Hotel. You have all given us a superb 2nd visit. I am already planning my 3rd visit. People, treat yourselves - this is a truly wonderful resort.

Room Tip: our beach=front room was great but if you are going after May this year, treat yourselves and stay i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband booked the El Dorado Seaside Suites as a surprise for our honeymoon. Overall we found the resort to be fantastic - a little bit of paradise. Read about our experience below..

Flight: Great flight, on time although only comment would be 'tired' planes from Thomson and entertainment very basic...although we booked premium seats and were checked in and through priority security at Gatwick within 8 minutes! Same at Cancun on way home...excellent service for checkin. We were told Cancun airport was a nightmare...but we arrived, got our cases and through passport control and security very quickly - they warn you about people harassing you at the airport but it was only people asking if you wanted taxi or hotel. We found our rep easily and our coach.

Transfer: We were first drop when 26 of us got off the coach - about 1.5 from airport in rush hour traffic.

Hotel: Very warm welcome by the staff - we were taken to an air con room; given a glass of bubbly and very quickly checked. A golf buggy took us to our room and cases arrived about 10 mins later.

Room: We've stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels and if I'm 100% honest we were a little disappointed with the room. Yes it had a massive super king bed and double Jacuzzi in the room but we felt the room was 'tired' looking. The bathroom was adequate and a lovely shower with enough room for a rugby team..but again paintwork chipped and not 5 star in our opinion. We had a junior suite on the first floor above swim up rooms.

Service: Service from all staff was outstanding, when you walk around all staff from gardner to Concierge say 'hola' and smile they really are there to please you! We thought having your own personal concierge for each room block was a fantastic idea, very friendly and helpful and useful to get your towels each morning !

Beach: Little disappointed - it is not fine sand and although plenty of sunbeds and lovely double beds scattered around we did find during the second half of our stay we struggled to find a bed after 9am as people were up early and putting towels down! There were very friend staff walking up and down the beach getting you drinks, food, fruit..anything you wanted! Louisa was really friendly and helpful and seemed to appear with a new cocktail before we asked ! :-)

Entertainment and Bar: We didn't go to many of the nights as we were so tired! But the entertainment we did see was fine...a little too 'American' for us which was a little disappointing considering the first week there were a lot of English there. Although saying that my husband did manage to watch the footie one morning, so can't grumble and it is down to personal opinion. The main bar was great...during day and night. The staff work so hard and so fast - the cocktails were all fun - the swing seats were interesting...esp after a few cocktails!

Restaurants and Food: Amazing and first class and we would say the best feature about this hotel. We loved all the restaurants apart from the Vida Garden Grill. Again, personal opinion but we found the atmosphere and staff not to be so friendly as other restaurants - other couples we met did have the same opinion. The Mexican was fab; Klay tuluy (Asian/Jap) was gorgeous and our favourite - we ate outside and in and had great service and plenty of food. The outside restaurant was fine for breakfast and lunch for a light snack but the daily BBQ was fantastic - a different theme daily which was fun and the food gorgeous ! Fun cocktails too on a fish day !

General Feedback: We had a few hiccups when we were there - my husband had booked special breakfast for my birthday with concierge but unfortunately it wasn't booked. My husband did have to chase around a little and it turned up an hour later....but once he had complained we had perfect service, met with the Head of Concierge who didn't charge us and ensured our meal in the evening on the beach was perfect - which is was with 3 different people there on hand to serve us ! We gave feedback about the Vida Garden Grill and the General Manager found us on the beach to discuss! I must say, they accept feedback well and are very keen to hear how they can improve your holiday experience - there is no point in moaning about it when you are home...if you have a problem tell them there and then.

Negatives: They are building a new block of rooms which we feel will ruin the location and for that reason only we prob wouldn't go back. The rooms are all in single, two or three floor blocks currently; gardens spotless and clean. We feel with additional 200 people it will spoil the quiet relaxing resort. Again personal opinion. We were told they are building another restaurant and pool but we still feel there will be too many people for the beach etc...

The hotel did ask if we wanted to move to another resort during the last weekend of our stay as they were overbooked - we then found out they had a wedding for 50 Americans - obvious now to us they all wanted to be together! The atmosphere did change from a very relaxed couple resort during the last few days of our stay to a little more like 'magaluf' with lots of younger groups around who did take over the bar - if you advertise as a 'couples' honeymoon resort then you shouldn't really accept massive group bookings. This party might explain also the reason we couldn't get a bed on the beach !

Overall: We had a fantastic honeymoon, met some great people and really did enjoy just doing nothing for 11 days. The biggest decision was which restaurant to go to for dinner! I've read other feedback on here and disagree with the service comments and lack of food etc...we had two starters one night which wasn't an issue! We didn't see any of that and if I'm honest I was shocked at how some of the guests treated the staff; we found everyone to be friendly; fun and chatty.

Hope that helps....

Room Tip: We were in block 36 - which was quiet and far enough away from the bar and building work!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marmora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My mother and I visited this resort for an extremely quick 3 night stay. We absolutely loved this resort! I would like to point out that we were the only "non couple" we saw during our stay. Not a problem for us, but certainly good information. The rooms are lovely. Absolutely huge. The bed was fantastic! Room service was prompt and warm. The food was very good. We did not enjoy the Mexican. The Asian was awesome! If you enjoy sushi be sure to ask your server, as it is not on the menu. The poolside service was slow. We never had any trouble finding a gorgeous palapa bed either pool or seaside. The night life was fun. There was a great vibe at this resort!
If you are travelling with Sunwing vacations be prepared for a very, very long transport from the airport. It was a ridiculously inefficient course that was followed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!