“El Dorado Seaside Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 32% Off + Credit
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
New Braunfels, Texas
“El Dorado Seaside Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I recently returned from an after Chrismas vacation form here. I have to say that it is one of the nicest resorts we have stayed in. The rooms are clean and modern, each equipped with an in room jacuzzi tub. The restaurants serve magnicifent cuisine, the beaches are very well maintained and the staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Each area has it own concierge to help you with any activities you are planning. The resort is all-inclusive, adults only whcih is a plus. Relaxing on the beach was just that, relaxing. No kids making noise or creating a ruckus. The wait staff would check on you at your lounge chair and bring you any drink that you wished for. My wife and I enjoyed a couples massage at the luxurious spa with a private jacuzzi sessinon afterword. Very romantic! We then had a candle light dinner on the beach which was out of this world! Beef tenderloin and lobster tail with champagne! What better way to end an evening! Unfortunatly we had to leave early due to a family emergency at home, but I can say we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the volleyball court as that is where they have bands/Dj every evening. If...

4,314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,119)
  • Polish first
Manchester England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I said this a number of times during our recent trip.The first time was when my wife and I we were having a couples massage on the beach on Christmas morning, under glorious blue skies and in beautiful surroundings.
I had been reading reviews since we booked over 6 months ago. All seemed positive and I just couldn't believe everything could be almost so perfect. How wrong I was. From the moment we arrived to leaving on New Years Day, everything was terrific, especially the staff, who were so friendly and helpful. We dined in all the restaurants, yes we had our favourite but the food was great in them all.
The New Years Eve party was fantastic, and topped off what had been a wonderful holiday.
We were in 2514, a first floor sea view, which we could just about see across the volleyball area. If there was a draw back it was near to the main bar area, so an early night was out of the question as there was entertainment on most nights, so we just stayed up late.
As far as First Choice were concerned, they were fine, flights were okay in both directions, no particular problems at Cancun airport.Reps in resort were both personable and good to deal with.
My wife and I both said we will be certainly be going back there in the future.

Room Tip: block 2500 which we were in is near the bar and doesn't help if you want an early night. Also no...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments. I'm very happy that you were able to experience a Caribbean Christmas with us and stayed to welcome in the new year ,enjoying our unique celebrations.

It was a pleasure to host your holiday and I hope that you choose to return again soon.

gm@eldoradoseasidesuites.com.mx
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Overall, great beautiful resort. The best I have been to so far. To put that it in perspective, for comparable resorts I have been to the Punta Cana Bahia Principe Ambar and The Valentin Imperial Maya in Riviera Maya (amongst a few other non-adults only ones).

Things I really liked:
- Great friendly staff. A special thanks to Alex our concierge for treating us so great. The beach servers were spot on too. Never went without a drink for long. Entertainment staff was always friendly and funny too.
- Food was amazing. Like the Italian restaurant the nest. Asian was really neat too.
- Spa was excellent – comparable or better to something in USA or Canada. Great massage from Joshua. Went there 2 times it was so good.
- Everything was really close to the beach. Great beach bar area at night.
- Good choice of liquor.

Any room for improvement? Really, there is not so much to complain about. If I had to pick a couple things, it would probably by that the room décor could use as update (I believe this is in process) and perhaps the beach burger lunch restaurant was a little too slow and could maybe have an expanded menu. Definitely, nothing major. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Probably would not pay extra for swim up. Liked the quieter side away from main area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
What a great review , Thank you for sharing your experiences on trip advisor.
It is very special when members of our staff are picked out and named for their efforts. I will pass your comments to Alex and Joshua.

I have also taken notice of your suggestions and would like you to know that we have future plans to update all rooms by the end of 2013.

Thank you again , and hopefully we will meet during your next visit to the El Dorado Seaside Suites

gm@eldoradoseasidesuites.com.mx
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

hs is a beautiful resort for couples very romantic and set out wonderfuly, the beach is the only complaint i would have it really isn't a beach to swim in lots of rocks, but they have bought the next 1 kl next to the property and is having more beach line , the food amazing never had better on vacation anywhere, this was my husbands first hot spot trip, he enjoyed the relaxation of this resort,, no kids wasa nice setting also, i like kids but sometimes a crying child next to you on beach longers i would like to do without. lol the rooms are great, no humidity as they are equipped with air exhangers as well, staff very good, sunwing rep not so good they were never there, but i seen that thomas travel was there every day , trip from the airport very long, all in all we will be returning for the vacation to relax , oh and very little night life but fun during day,

Room Tip: ocean view really isn't as trees are to high so i would choose swim out private pool next time
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review sharing your experiences of your visit to the El Dorado Seaside Suites. It was our pleasure to host your holiday and I appreciate all your comments.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed each and every dining experience that we offer and there is nothing more rewarding than receieving praise from our guests in return to our effort.

we all look forward to your next visit to the El Dorado Seaside Suites.

Best Wishes for 2013

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We arrived at Cancun airport which was a little manic, but once we got on the coach it took about an hours drive, we was first stop but was given lots of information on the way by the Tompsons rep. when we got to the hotel we was given a glass of bubbly and some more info then taken to our room 3621 and was nicely surprised. We went to the Tompsons meeting the next morning and was greeted by Jimmy and Savannah who was full of good information and ideas they were not pushy in any way. The grounds are lovely and they were decorated with just simple christmas decorations but looked really nice, and a big christmas tree in the lobby.
Our Concierge was Alex who always made himself known to us when ever we walked past and asked what was we going to be doing that day and even printed maps off for us to make it easier.
The restaurants and food were all good our favourite being the Italian and the Asian, we liked to eat in the Verdi Grill for breakfast but it is very dark inside and sometime had a job to read the menu.
THE STAFF, where do you begin, they are all very polite, helpful and go the extra mile for you never passing you by without a smile and hola. when you walk around do not look straight in front of you because you will miss all the little touches that are around the grounds, small benches for two tucked away,what they do with empty coconut shells is great. We went to the bar which is by the lap pool every night before dinner, the bartender was Elmer who always looked after us very well, he knows how to make a mean cocktail, but i would say that all the bar staff were very good especially all the young girls walking up and down the beach waiting on you.
Yes you can see the building work that is going on when you walk in, but there was never any problems with noise, You do get the spa staff and games people asking if you want a massage or want to play games but a no thank you is all you have to say. We also booked a trip with Pablo and Alberto(on the beach)who were very good, but do use the collectivos they are so simple and fun and you save yourself a fortune. we went to the spa for a simple sauna/steam it is beautiful. Would we go back? YOU BET!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at El Dorado Seaside Suites. I'm happy to hear we surpassed all expectations and that we were able to provide a very relaxing and memorable stay for you. Comments like yours is what we work for and we appreciate the details of what made your stay so memorable together with names of every team member who made such an impact on your vacation.

Best Wishes for 2013

Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Cant believe it's taken us so long to write this review.. we honeymooned here in Aug/Sept and had the most fantastic time ever. I really cannot understand anyone who posts negative comments on here - they must be impossible to please! Everyone we spoke to LOVED the place - I didnt hear one single negative comment whilst over there. We honestly never stopped smiling and thanking our blessings for the whole 2 weeks and now constantly are asking ourselves when we can return (hopefully in 2014).
The staff at El Dorado are by far the best I have ever encountered... constantly going out of their way to help and always so pleasant - always saying it was a pleasure to help - and you felt they truly meant that and just loved working at EDS.
To name but a few - our beach cocktails were delivered by Janet & Anna - without even asking! Raul and his team in the main bar worked their socks off. Lorenzo (cheeky chappy!!) and Wilbur were our favourite waitors. Sergio and Perla were our amazing concierge's. Sorry to everyone whose names have escaped me - you were all a delight - it was a pleasure to have been served by you!!!
I managed to twist my hubbies arm to have the massage (he didnt 'do that type of thing') and he was completely blown away by the experience - the most relaxing experience ever.
The food was fab, decent size portions but not over-facing. The cocktails were fantabidocious!!!
Desperate to return to this wonderful place... so what are you waiting for? - Just book it!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cashmere, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

First stay in Mexico with a group of four ranging from 27-60. Stayed for a week at Christmas. The roadside sign was humble compared to other resorts we drove passed. Theres a tennis court that is open to all guests free of charge with equipment. There are more rooms being built and a new main lobby. You are greeted with a courteous team some taking your bags, others handing out fresh towels, if you get there late there is dinner prepared for you in the lobby. The lobby smells crisp like orange and ginger. The food is all inclusive but the service at the restaurants are slow enough that you get full waiting for the next course. The food is good but my husband and I never had that one thing we couldn't live without. The pools are beautiful and clean. The grounds are kept immaculate and beautiful. There are iguanas roaming the grounds, squirrels, and the occasional native wildlife. We pleasantly woke up to the "woops" of birds. Many daily activities, my favorite was painting your own dish, you don't have to be a professional the local artist will fix any of your mistakes. Two negatives were the shallow coral filled waters and every time we tried to go snorkeling or kayaking they had the red flag out and we couldn't go out. We felt taken care of and secure. Don't be afraid to try using the "Collective" (local transportation) which is a lot cheaper than a taxi.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of your christmas vacation with the trip advisor community.
As General Manager , I truly appreciate all feedback that I am lucky enough to receive or read on social media networks.

Firstly I'm very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your Mexican Christmas, relaxing in the warm , carribean sunshine; a wonderful alternative to the cold, wintery weather which is traditional during this time of year. I am disappointed to read that we were unable to wow you with our Culinary options.

addressing your comments about the Ocean; we are fortunate to have parts of the second largest coral reef in the world lining our shores. This does make it slighty rcoky under foot in places however the snorkelling is some of the best in the region. At times we can experience swells and undertows that prevent our guests from swimming the Ocean. We do use the internationally recognised flag system to notify our guests in which we take direction from the Local authorities.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your overall experience at the El Dorado Seaside Suites and I can assure you on yor return , we will surpass all expectations and provide you with that WOW factor.

Best Regards

gm@eldoradoseasidesuites.com

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!