“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
40% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Ashford Middx
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hi, i have just got my from my honeymoon here and couldn't fault it at all we only come for a week wish we had stayed longer was such a great place. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful !! Would love to come back some time. Fantastic holiday- worth the money :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,304)
  • Polish first
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hubby and I traveled here for the week of July 14 - 21st. May I just say off the bat that we are extremely envious of our new UK friends who were able to stay for a fortnight! We simply didn't want to leave this gorgeous resort. We used Lomas Travel (owned by the same gentleman who owns the Karisma and Azul Resorts) for transfer from the airport and that was quite seamless. We shared the van with one other person and made one stop to drop him off. The ride was about an hour and a half all told. There are beers for sale in the van if you are thirsty and want to start your vacation off on the right foot. We arrived at the resort and were promptly greeted by Oscar who escorted us to a table in the lobby and brought us cold towels and glasses of sparkling wine. There is also bottled water and a coffee bar complete with several different types of liquors to add, if you prefer. The lobby is infused with a citrus type aroma that is fabulous. I want my home to smell like that! We relaxed for a moment and then Oscar brought our check in materials to us, explained the resort in detail, and answered questions. The Lomas Travel rep (Sergio) came over and took our receipt for return transportation and give us information about tours they offer. We were then whisked off to our suite (2411 - right in the heart of the property) in a golf cart. The suite was spacious and very clean. Two levels, large bathroom just off the living room, large sleeping area with a two-person jacuzzi tub. Nice balcony overlooking the grounds with two chairs and a table. Alas, I love to sit out on the balcony and unfortunately the chairs were not comfortable, but it didn't put a damper on anything. The closet had plenty of hangers for most people, but of course we ended up having to call for more...which were promptly delivered. Full size iron/board and large umbrella were provided. Bathroom had two sinks and a separate w/c. Note: the light (bright) and fan come on automatically when you open the door to the w/c. This is very annoying in the middle of the night, so we covered the sensor up on the wall with electrical tape and just dealt with the dark. Large walk-in shower with plenty of fluffy towels and lots of toiletries. Water temp regulation is a bit of a challenge and tends to change several times during your shower - hence I normally just took a cool shower which was refreshing after a day on the beach or in the pool. Two nice bathrobes (I brought slippers). Bed was really comfy (and I'm picky about beds.) Dresser with four smallish drawers, mini fridge (kept stocked w/water, beer, soda) and safe deposit box. Note: If you go off and leave your safe open, security comes in, inventories the contents, and takes the key. You have to call to have the safe reopened. This is for your protection as well as theirs. You also pay a deposit for the safe key and must return it at the end of your stay or get charged a hefty fee. Good sized flat panel TV with good channel selection (not that you want to stay indoors here, but in case it rains.) DVD check out available, along with a shelf of books to check out in the lobby as well as the various Personal Concierge Stations scattered throughout the property.

The first evening we ate at Klay Talay, the Asian restaurant, outdoors. It was lovely and the food was amazing. We ended up eating here four times during our stay. We strolled the property after dinner and stopped for a drink at the bar with swings, which was fun. I'm a wine drinker and prefer white, but was not a fan of their included white wine selection. The red wasn't bad however. I mostly stuck to sparkling wine and martinis. Hubby had a little bit of this and a little bit of that. He loves Corona and was disappointed that the resort doesn't have it on offer.

During our stay we ate at all the restaurants. They were all wonderful. The food is definitely presented in a gourmet style and the portions are not huge (fine with us), but of course they will bring you as much as you want. Don't miss the Sunday Fish Market at the beach BBQ. Some of the best ceviche I've had in my life, bar none. It is different from the other ceviches you will have at the other restaurants too. They give you a whole fish that is done on the BBQ and it is marvelous. Of course they have other items as well if you are not a fan of whole fish. Fun tropical drinks served in carved coconuts add to the festivities. We utilized room service all but one morning for our coffee/tea. They always said 25 minutes, but it was more like 10 or so. Do tip the room service guy a buck or two. Roberto, one of the servers, said that he "fought" for our room because I always tipped him two bucks. One day he brought milk instead of cream for my tea and he ran off and was back in moments with my "crema." We also enjoyed breakfast at Vida Garden Grill and Arricefes. We tried eating outdoors one morning, but it was too hot and sticky. At breakfast you can either order off the menu or take advantage of the buffet and omelet station. There is always a bloody mary bar with different types of vodkas and mixes, along with a mimosa bar with various fresh juices (try the melon one - delish!) that you can make yourself at both Vida and Arricefes. Service in both places was stellar. I really have nothing but good things to say about the food and the restaurants. Our favorite place for ambience and romance was Mia Casa, the Italian place.

We took advantage of the snorkeling tour offered every day at 11:00 at the water activities pavilion. No cost and they provide equipment. Two guides take you out through the extremely rocky, shallow water to where you can spot a few fish. We saw a sea turtle and some colorful fish, but I'll just say that this is not the spot for the best snorkeling. Or even splashing about in the waves as there are LOTS of rocks. Bring water shoes for sure if you plan to dunk in the sea. Speaking of sea turtles, if you walk south along the beach beyond the property you will encounter literally hundreds and hundreds of sea turtle nests at this time of year. I've never seen anything like it. You could see the tracks where the turtles had come up and buried their eggs and we even saw tracks of baby turtles who had gone back to the sea. It was totally awesome.

There are plenty of things to do if you want to stay active (check the board by the entrance to the Sandwicherie). The activities pool is always humming and fun. Evening entertainment is good too. The fire show is really cool (no pun intended). We enjoyed some really great reggae music too. They had a cigar roller one night. It never felt overly crowded (anywhere in the resort actually) even though they were at high capacity. Plenty of sunbeds and loungers and palapas to go around.

We spent time at both swim-up bars and really enjoyed them. Especially Gariota, which was right across from our room, where we met several new friends from the UK. We got to know some of the bartenders - shout out to Paulicio, Alberto, and the other guys who manned the bar. Actually, with all the great service we received, it would take a whole separate post to recognize all the staff who helped to make our stay special. Seriously - the.best.ever! All day and into the night and early morning all you see are staff members working hard to keep the grounds tidy, gardening, sweeping, cleaning windows, cleaning pools, even pulling sea grass out of the surf!

We had a couples massage at the fabulous spa and I got my toes done. I'd definitely recommend spa services if you are so inclined. The gym facility at the spa is also very nice. We didn't leave the resort and next time may sign up for an excursion or two...or maybe not!

We loved our time at EDSS so much that we signed up for the Exotic Travel Club so we can come back again and again. Go here. You will have the time of your life!

Room Tip: Rooms near the activities pool and Sandwicherie will be subject to the sounds from the evening music...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites for our honeymoon from 11-24 July 2012. I had been a little concerned about the hotel as we booked it pretty quickly, but I had nothing to worry about: we have just had the best holiday I could have hoped for.

The hotel itself is simply gorgeous. The gardens are perfect, with coconuts, flowers and shrubs making beautiful displays. Every pathway is covered in a canopy of palm trees and palm leaves, giving a really exotic vibe and providing some shade from the intensity of the sun. Every morning the beaches are raked so the sand is even, and the staff take away all seaweed so we can enjoy clear waters.

There was an abundance of sun loungers and beds by the sea and by the pool. Many of the beds were taken by 9am, but I suspect this has as much to do with jet lag and everyone getting up early than it does with competition for the beds. We were never without one for our whole stay.

The beach is lovely and intimate - the water is yards from the sun loungers, making a quick dip in the sea during sunbathing very easy. The sand isn't as soft as you might expect, but it is definitely not gravel-like or stony - it's just not powder. It's true that there are some rocks in the sea itself, however, the sea is so clear that you can usually spot these and avoid them. There are loads of fish in the sea as well, and the Angel fish love to be fed bread which is great fun!

The pool has a younger crowd (the beach being for true sun-worshippers it seems), and every hour there is something going on, whether it's volley ball, pool volley ball, aqua zumba or salsa lessons. These are extremely laid back and fun to participate in.

The wait staff at both the pool and the beach are busy with so many people to take care of, so it's just as easy to go to the bar yourself and get a drink if you're in need. However, we figured we're on holiday, and if it takes a while for a drink to get to us it's not the end of the world - it's not as if we have anywhere else to go! My favourite waiter was Ronaldo who worked on the beach: everyday he was helpful and chatty, and took care to remember our names and what we'd been up to.

The restaurants are fab. On the whole the food was gorgeous - there were a few dishes which weren't the best, but again this may be due to my tastes rather than the restaurants. The Italian is very good for service and familiar food, but the Asian has fab sushi, and La Vida Grill had really lovely soups, goulash and the best chocolate desert in the hotel. My favourite for lunch was the Sandwicherie - eating a freshly cooked hamburger under a canopy of palm trees was the best!

HINT FOR THE WINE-LOVERS: the standard house wine is not the nicest. However they do have other house wines which they don't publicise. If you're in a restaurant you can ask for a house sauvignon blanc and get a lovely fresh wine which is not what they usually pour, but is a house wine none the less.

The rooms were clean and spacious, and each day we received a new towel animal. We also received romantic touches like rose petal baths and complimentary champagne to make it extra special.

What really impressed me is how happy the staff are. They genuinely seemed to enjoy working there, and their friendliness wasn't as much about being polite as it was about being happy. The entertainment staff are brilliant - Hugo (in particular!), Roger, Brenda and Reina deserve a mention. They are there both during the day and in the evening, and their friendly and energetic nature means you can't help but join in with what's going on.

The entertainment in the evenings was just right for the sort of resort it was - it was entertaining but not over the top.

We went to the Spa for a massage. The facilities there are brand new and very luxurious, and the massages themselves were good too. Prices aren't cheap, and don't book immediately: speak to your personal concierge about getting the best deal for what you want as there are LOADS of different deals, and you can combine them with a private beach dinner etc too.

The other guests were really friendly too. Most people were either on honeymoons or on holiday for a special event like a birthday or anniversary. There was a good mix of ages there, and everyone was happy to chat to one another which made it nicer.

Playa del Carmen and Tulum are easily accessed by the white mini buses which go past the hotel, and it only costs £3 to go to each. With regards to other trips, I would recommend booking them with the staff in the aquatics hut rather than Thomson: they are the people you will speak with every day, and who can give you a good run down on all the trips. The Thomson staff are nice and helpful, but beyond the first sales pitch they make on the morning after you arrive, you don't see them so it's nice to give business to the people who you see each day.

I would LOVE to go back! It really was the nicest hotel we'd stayed in - there were obviously things which weren't perfect, but the variety and choice of food as well as the staff really made it a special holiday.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 18 which was very central to the action, but no noise from the bars or the evenin...
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

after reading so many reviews I decided to book this hotel for my honeymoon so this place had a lot riding on it to make it so memorable, well it didn't disappoint!

After stepping off the coach after an hour and a half transfer we were met with a cool towel and shown straightaway to a cool room to be booked in. Waiting for us was a glass of champagne and snacks :) (both were well needed!)

Whilst we were being booked into our rooms the staff had collected our bags and delivered them to our rooms,we could tell straightaway we were going to have agreat time.

We stayed in a swim up room and booked the honeymoon package (I'll tell you about that later!) the room itself was totally beautiful. A massive queen sized bed that gives the impression of a four poster as there are drapes hanging from the ceiling. Loads of wardrobe and cupboard space, just not as many hangers as we would have liked! The bathroom lovely with a shower big enough for two ;) a separate toilet with door, great shout from the hotel! And a double sink. The hotel also provide you with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, shoe shiner, shower cap. All really good stuff as well. I didn't end up using my own!the jacuzzi bath had already been filled for our arrival including bubbles which we thought was fantastic.

As mentioned earlier we had the honeymoon package which gave us a meal on the beach, which as absolutely fantastic. A full body massage -you need to have one of these in your life!! Breakfast in bed which the room service boy laid out fantastically considering how much food you get and how big the table is!

The hotel itself is stunning. They are really hot on the environment and so have lots growing within the grounds. Ive never visited such a clean hotel. The amount job staff that are employed there is unbelievable!! There is even one guy there's to solely clean the rocks off the beach to keep it nice for the guests! Mental!!
The security at the hotel is also very apparent, which is very reassuring it's only at the main gate but because they are so strict you feel secure. We didn't realise this until we ordered a taxi into playa del carmen (the beach there is fantastic you must go) the guy on the gate checked our room number then looked in the back to make sure we were ok, and on he way back in checked us off the list.

The food in this place was stunning like eating at a posh restaurant every night! One tip: MAKE SURE YOUR GUY HAS A COLLAR ON HIS SHIRT FOR EVENING DINING!!!! That is about the only thing the hotel are strict on!
The service in each of these eateries was outstanding nearly as good as the food! They do offer surf and turf (lobster tail and your choice of steak for 300 Mexican peso which worked out £15 each)

Overall this hotel is a must we can't wait to go back there :)

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went to this hotel last September. Suites are very comfortable. Grounds are spectacular.
Staff are very attentive. Beach is fine. Pretty easy to get sun beds or even day beds. Food was something else especially the a la carte breakfast in La Vida Garden Grill.
Also the cocktails in the Grill were very good. A special mention here for William in the Grill.
All in all a great resort. the only thing we could fault was that after 11pm the only entertainment was music videos on the TVs in the main bar but a small quibble. Would definitely go again. Don't miss the day trip to Chichen Itza. Spectacular.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This resort is absolutely beautiful!! We were there earlier this month for 4 nights, and every minute was worth it. Being a adults only resort, it's the perfect place to relax and party without ever worrying or being annoyed by children. This resort is in a jungle setting with beatiful palm trees and lots of foliage and wildlife. If you don't like seeing cool lizards all over the place, then this place is not for you. There are also a lot of little hermit crabs and sand crabs, it's quite entertaining. The beach is breathtaking, with canopy beds all over the place. You can even sleep in one right on the beach. The water out front is very shallow and you can even snorkel there. We had a ocean fron room but could barely see it due to all the trees, which was actually just fine for us. The rooms are very nice, just a little dark, and they all have double jacuzi tubs. All the staff and employees were awesome and really go out of your way to help you. The pools are awesome and very clean, just hard to get a bed/chair sometimes if you don't get there early. The pool bartenders really take care of you and love to chat. The drinks were always nice and strong and they knew how to make everything we asked for. The restaraunts were very nice and the good was great, the only downside was that not having a buffet restaraunt it would take a little too long when you wanted to eat. Some people don't like buffets but I like a resort with at least one option when you want to eat quick and don't want to get dressed up. Having 24hr room service is a definate plus, but the food is never as fresh and hot as eating at the restaraunt of course. Our favorite part of the trip was going to ackumel beach, about a 10-15 min cab ride south. This beach was beatiful and is a hot spot for day-goers. They have a huge snorkeling area where you can see a lot of see turtles and sting rays. We had a good under water camera and got excellent close up pictures of the turtles, family couldn't believe the pictures as they almost didn't look real. You can rent your snorkeling gear right on the beach, I think we paid about $30 u.s. for the day. This is trip is a must and you won't be disapointed. All in all our vacation was fantastic. If you're looking for a awesome quiet resort to honeymoon at or just a beatiful resort to relax at, you won't be disapointed.

We want to give a shout out to our travel agent Melissa for recommending this place. She's been to a ton of resorts in Mexico and she totally recommended El Dorado Suites for our honeymoon. If you need a awesome travel agent who really knows the resorts, go with Melissa at beach bum Vacations (melissa@beachbumvacations.com)

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

theres not much to say that has not been said, fantastric hotel, we have been to several small all inclusive couple resorts but this is by far the best, I booked after lots of looking, reserching and worrying and they looked at trip adovsor daily for up to date reviews. everythign about this hotel is brilliant, I don't know what the people who wrote nectaive comments were thinking. We had a great two weeks and the staff could not have been friendlier, they are not expectring tips (but you can if you want) Jesus in swim up bar was partiocualry good (too good at times when it came to taquila!) during the day there are plently of beach beds with the option of sun or shade.
We did not do any organised trips but did use local shuttle bus to go to ackumel beach about ten minutes out gate to left, well worth a trip you can swim with sea turtles just off the shore, you can hire snorkels there or take your own, top tip if you go take the right road at fork at top of road not left, (we took left and walked for about 20 minutes aliong a road with houses and local hotels. if you go this way turn around, the beach is only 2 minutes from junction.

We had a romantic dinner on beach but asked for the lobster dinner $80 for two and if you buy a bottle of wine ($35) you can have dinner in private on the beach with personal waiter. the alternative is the candlelit couples dinner at $130 each!

don't worry about the beach if you go to the left side of hotel the beach is fine and you can go out in your bare feet, its not deep and there is some snorkeling to do, but its is shallow in places so very near to coral but still managble.

we had soem cloudy days and rain but we knew it was hurricane seasona and it was sunny untill at about 3pm most days, when it clouds over you can go to your room have a jacuzzi and order room service.

We had an ocean front room, as others have said it did not have a ocean view due to the trees and plants bewteen beach and tree but we were only 2 miniutes from the beach, the only thing I would comment on about the room is it was quite dark due to folliage outside and you could not really dry clothes due to the huidity and we did not have any direct sunlight on terrace (block 34). but this did not really bother us and we manged to get swimming costumes dried on chairs overnight or the next day. We knew the hotel was in the jungle and this is not a complaint just an observation.

Overall this was a fantastic holiday and well worth the money, you could go and spend no money all holiday, we often go out for dinner a couple of nights on all inclusive holidays just for a change, we did not feel we wanted to do this as with 5 restaurants to choose from each with varied menu you will never run out of dished try. Our favourte was the Asian/fusion the sushi was amazing, my husband is now a convert!

We will be back.

Room Tip: all rooms have four poster beds and jaquzzi, swim up rooms are good but you can go to your nearest s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!