“El Dorado Seasides vs El Dorado Maroma” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 35% Off + Credit
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Repentigny, Quebec, Canada
“El Dorado Seasides vs El Dorado Maroma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Me and my husband went to the El Dorado Seasides from April 23 for a week. We were graciously offered to try one of their sister's hotels. We opted to try the Maroma. I will first describe the El Dorado Seasides, we stayed for 4 nights. This resort is eco-oriented, so there are a lot of splendid vegetation. The food is very good, especially the Italian but I may be biaised because I first tried the Valentin (twice), the Secrets Capri, the Excellence Riviera Cancun and the Grand Hotel and their food was more gourmet to my taste. The beach is really nice and we never had to get up early to reserve beach chairs. I will describe the El Dorado Maroma in another review.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,173)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Thank you to all the wonderful staff. management, you have a greta team here. Amazing venue, set in beautiful grounds, perfect surroundings, garden tended to by brilliant gardners, staff amazingly friendly, cant do enough for you. We had a swim up suite, fantastic, swam from our terrace to the pool bar. spacious suite with 4 poster and jacuzzi. restaurants amazing, great choice brilliant food cooked fresh. burger bar awesome burgers, beach bar, perfect with swings and great cocktail menu, all inclusive nothing too much trouble. room service fab, bar service to your sun lounger on the beach just perfect. kayaking and snorkling from the beach, superb. private beach amazing, hammocks and giant sunbeds fab. LOVE IT, highly recommend anyone goes for an awesome chilled out holiday or honeymoon. Great lcoation for access to Coba for Mayan ruins and to marina for boat trips. PERFECT holiday. thanks to all the lovely staff there and the management.

Room Tip: swim up suites were brillaint, but the beach and bar and pools are amazing so you dont really need t...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Me and my new husband stayed at the el dorado seaside suites for 14 nights through Thomson we had the most amazing holiday! The hotel grounds are immaculate and the staff work incredibly hard to maintain them. The beach is beautiful we spent most of our days enjoying the sunshine and there were tons of sunbeds avaliable all day long we didnt get to the beach gone 10 am most days and never had a problem. No matter how hot it was the ever smiling staff brought us drinks all day long on the beach and would do anything to help you.

We used the spa for a couples back massage 50mins, facial and reflexology the spa is spotless and the session was extremely relaxing. The prices are a little expensive but you definitely get what you pay for. It was $279 dollars for all the above.

The food was amazing from breakfast to lunch to dinner you will not be dissapointed or hungry! The Mexican restaurant was our favorite with the Asian restaurant coming in second. My husband loved the sushi.

We felt very safe and at home here and would recommend the hotel to anyone. We will be returning for our anniversary next year.

We took pesos with us and found this fine they accept dollars most places but you can take either currency.

Definately worth booking!

• Stayed April 2012
Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We spent a week at the El Dorado Seaside Suites in the middle of April 2012 and it was fabulous! We were looking for somewhere relaxing and the previous reviews looked really good and believe me, this place doesn't disappoint!

From the minute you arrive, the staff are amazing - we were greeted with champagne and canapes when we arrived after a very long flight and then checked into a beautiful room, complete with it's own jacuzzi (every room has one!).

The whole resort is beautifully landscaped, the food and restaurants are fabulous and the bars do killer cocktails! We spent most days on one of the daybeds overlooking the beach, with waiter service for drinks/cocktails and snacks throughout the day.

Without exception, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and genuinely lovely people - I don't think I passed anyone who didn't greet me with a cheery hola, wherever we were in the resort.

This resort is a good size and has more of a boutique feel about it - and there was never any trouble getting a table at a restaurant, or a daybed at the beach or at one of the pools. The spa is exquisite, but you can also have massages on the beach in one of the daybeds if you prefer. It really is a lovely resort - very relaxing and just what we needed.

We enjoyed it so much, we're currently planning a return trip, but this time with a few friends who we know will just love it too.

Please Karisma, don't change a thing!

Room Tip: We didn't have a swim up room, but to be honest, they only got sun in the morning so you wouldn...
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here and had a wonderful time. We wanted a relaxing vacation and the el dorado met our expectations. We had a swim up suite which I would recommend. The main pool gets busy and it nice to be able to relax at room, then dip into the water and swim to your own bar. The food was not spectacular, but we had no complaints. We ate at every location and found the Mexican style restaurant to be our favorite. We enjoyed spending time at the tequila bar there as well (stay away from the chili tequila). This resort was much more low key than other all-inclusives which was a nice peaceful change of pace.

Stayed August 2011
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

What can I say absolutely amazing location,We were there at the same time time as Donna and Dave who have commented previously they had their issues I can understand exactly what they are talking about as they expressed their feelings while on site and why I cannot comment as I did not witness the evening entertainment I can certainly empathise if that is the standard of entertainment in the evenings
As for the food issue we found certain restaurants varied in quality the vida garden grill was poor you are simply eating in the dark and the staff there are the worst on the whole complex the Arricifes was on the other hand amazing and the staff there were so accomodating especially Fabiola and the breakfast and lunches were fantastic Put on so much weight in a week you wouldn't believe.
As for evening meals we had in room dining mostly and really enjoyed it the menu was simple burgers enchilladas etc but they were tasty and freshly cooked, the times we ate out we tended to head for the Italian were the service was impeccable and the food was pretty good we did not try the Mexican but I do have one gripe the beef cuts were of poor quality mostly flank or skirt if you are paying for this level of holiday the least you should expect is sirloin or even fillet this is something the resort needs to look at because of the prices we are paying in the UK to come here we should be experiencing the best Mexico has to offer considering they are saying it is gourmet cuisine
That is enough bad press because believe me and my wife had the most amazing week of our lives here and that is saying something as we have been to some amazing places including Hawaii,LA,Vegas,Florida and the Dom Rep
The hotel is intimate but big enough to keep you interested the sea is fantastic with fish that come straight up to you and keep you entertained the snorkelling is amazing and there is plenty to do sports wise if you want it.
On this holiday we just wanted to chill out and believe me this is the perfect place to do so Idyllic
views and a perfect beach just right to catch up with a bit of reading and laze around letting Rolando(superstar) bring you drinks of your choice being it Cokes Water or delicious Mojito's.
The rooms are beautiful and very romantic with Jacuzzi's in every room and the air conditioning is fantastic
All in all a fantastic week and I cannot recommend the hotel enough when you go please enjoy it for what it is and leave your troubles behind and just relax and enjoy it

Room Tip: Try and get a 1000 to 2000 room as the others are a bit in the jungle (Mosquitoes)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We have now been to the El Dorado Seaside suites 3 times. Each time we are simply astounded by this resort! The service is impeccable, the staff are amazing (all of them!), the rooms are excellent, the food is fabulous, the beach is wonderful, and the ability to snorkel every day and see amazing things, puts this hotel at the very top of the list of best all time vacations ever!

We choose this hotel for a number of reasons. We wanted a complex that was safe, clean, lush, tropical, wonderful oceanfront rooms, great beach and food that we would not get sick on. My husband snorkels and the added bonus of being able to simply go to the beach and snorkel every day made this hotel our choice.

I have food allergies and never ever wanted to go to Mexico. I can eat in Canada and the US and can get very ill. But I ate and drank everything (fruits, lettuce, vegetables), and I swam, snorkelled, walked, sun bathed, hot tubed, and simply enjoyed every moment in this tropical paradise. I was never ill once and cannot fathom staying anywhere that would give us everything that we want and more in a fabulous vacation.

The restaurant food is excellent and there are no smorgasbords. In fact, produce is grown on-site in greenhouses. The water is purified, and bottled water is everywhere. There are no arm bands used in this all-inclusive, and the facility is just the right size.

We like that the size of the complex is still on the medium size, as we don't want a larger, heavily populated resort. We are more appreciating of smaller, quieter, more laid back environments. We love to stay oceanside and fall asleep hearing the sound of the ocean at night.

This complex is absolutely perfect in every way. I know that people are all different, but I cannot understand anyone staying here and not having the best vacation ever.

We can't wait for our 4th trip back to this heavenly resort. I actually cried when we left this year. It is so amazing, we never want to leave. Paradise and more!

An extra bonus is that you can see the sunrise and the sunset on the same beach!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!