“Scialdone's spectacular, unforgettable, honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 32% Off + Credit
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
somerset
“Scialdone's spectacular, unforgettable, honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Following on from the most amazing wedding in England where the sun shone in March, we travelled to Mexico on our honeymoon, to El Dorado Sea Side suites. The journey was long, but wow !!! was it worth it. Arriving at the hotel, we were the third drop off, i was getting a little concerned as the previous hotels looked a bit shabby, and unclean. As we approached the entrance and were greeted by a beautifully dressed man all in white and very friendly. We proceeded downt the driveway to be met by a number of staff who provided us with refreshing towels and showed us to a air conditioned room. Whilst in there we were given our keys and safe keys and informed of the welcome meeting the next day. We were provided witht he most delightful little sandwiches, spring rolls and champagne. it was just what the dr ordered. We were then escorted on golf buggies to our room. The room what amazing. A beautiful light and airy room, with the air con on, a fantasticly large bed, with jacuzzi and various other exciting gadgets. the mini fridge was fully stocked, and the room was completely spotless and beautifully presented. On a daily basis the rooms were cleaned and the toiletries and mini bar replenished to a very high standard. The only downside was the view. I specifically upgraded to a sea view room, which cost £200 extra. To my disappointment when we went out onto the balcony the only view we had was of palm trees. Dont get me wrong it was lovely, but it was unnessasary for me to of upgraded as we didnt get the views. we instantly went to find our Thompson rep, who replied that we wouldnt of been sold a sea view room as they do not exist, and so he could not move us to one, !you must of misunderstood and read ocean side". I can sometimes be a bit blonde, but if im paying for something over and above, and it comes out of my hard earned bank account, then i know what ive paid for. I was adamant that the papaerwork stipulated SEA VIEW. I immediately went to the room to fetch it, where it did indeed state SEA VIEW. i showed it to the rep who said," oh thats very strange, i cant see how that has happened". he took our reference number and said he'd investigate. I knew there was nothing he could do while i was there as their were no sea views, so anyone booking and expecting them , you wont get one. I wouldnt of minded, its just the fact that this is an upgrade, and they get more money from you. We saved long and hard for our wedding and an extra special honeymoon and wanted it to be perfect.
As i said before that was the only qualm, which i have contacted Thomson since coming back, whom are investigating it. Yeah right We'll see.
Back to the resort, the restaurants were all fantantasic with a range of beautiful delights. I would go down to breakfast at 7 and be greeted with friendly, professional staff, whom after a few days remembered your name, offered to spray your hands with santatizer then showed you to your table, and always pulling the chair out for you. This was the same at all the restaurants day and night. The evening dinner was a bit more special, and the mood was very romantic, around the whole of the hotel. Our very favourite restaurant was the italian, it blew us away, the quality was just sublime. You'd come across daily, different areas, ranging form large sofas , papalas, hammocks to name just a few.
Wherever you walked day and night there were staff who greeted you with a smile, and they never stopped working. The grounds were constantly maintained,the rooms were daily cleaned, hourly the bathrooms around the hotel were replenished with fresh flannels. The numerous bar areas were filled with wines, spirits and every kind of tequila you could imagine. my husband particularly like jack daniels, and i think he used to drink them out of it constantly. it was no trouble, one of the staff would notice they were low,and youd see them run back with another bottle.
after a few days we decided to try the pool area which was the activity pool, it seemed livlier with music, aqua aerobics and activites provided throughout the day. Unfortunately while playing water volley ball my husband dislocated his shouldrer. The staff were very helpful and attentive, and quickly called for medical help. they were unaable to assist, and recommended a hospital visit. i was in a bit of a panic, as he was in so much pain, so cant remember the lady's name frome reception, though erica rings a bell. she was fantasitic, she took me back to our room on the buggy, she told me all the documents i would need to bring to hospital and waited. We then went to hospital which was an experience, but they quickly put the shoulder back into the socket. He had to be in a sling for the rest of our honeymoon,(and is still in one now) we had to cancel our exursions, which the hotel gave us a full refund on. unfortunately he had to watch me daily jump into the pool, as he had to keep his arm dry. With this happening it may of spoilt your holiday, but we were greeted back form hospital and the staff were all so accomodating and sympathetic. i think we were in the ideal location to recouperate.
Anthony didnt let it hold him back and in fact he got a reputation for the one armed ping pong champion. He on many occassions won competions for ping ppong and darts and quizzes. the whole of the entertainments team were diamonds. they work so hard and are always happy and friendly. I enjoyed my daily routine of aqua aerobics with Roger, Reina, Teisha and isobel and we do miss them lots. It is such a shame to hear sometimes how they are treated and spoken to by other guests. they are not on massive wages and work very long hours and are very accomodating, but they are no-ones slave. I was always polite and respectful to them and admire them for what they are doing which is a damn hard job. For them to spoken to on occassions by other guests was upsetting. i witnessed one morning an American guy shout for them to blow up his lilo. OMG get off your backside and do it yourself, they did it without complaining. Come on people we all live on the same planet, show a bit of respect but some of us are a bit more fortunate than others, and can have nivc holidays, but theres no excuses for not using your manners, this costs nothing, Another specific person ild like to mention whom made our holiday is Lucy, she attended to our every need with cocktails and food constantly. She never even asked what wed like, she just remembered and kept us fed and watered. She worked long and hard hours and always had a smile for everyone. i particularly liked it when shed drop her tray and give us a little dance. Boy can she move.
A useful resource there was the comments book that went round the pool. Initially we felt the activity pool was a bit quiet witht the same music and no snacks avaialble. Every morning we were told the staff would have a meeting and their manager would read the book and adress any issues. the very next day the manager came to see us and almost instantly the music changed and we had a variety of snacks made availe to us, instead of having to go to the restaurant. We also mentioned the evening D.J could of played some more up to date music and straight away this was adressd.
Things occassionally need to be tweeked and you cant please all the people all the time. But what impressed me, was if you had an issue the staff listened and if they could they would deal with it, and thats all iask.
We met a lovely couple whom weve been in touch with from scotland since weve been back and they made our honeymoon very special
I without a doubt would recommend this hotel as a romantic location for couples and would love to visit again some day. I wish all the staff all the best of luck and thank them for making our honeymoon so memorable and special

Sharon& Anthony Scialdone married 23-3 2012 honeymoon march 26- April 10

4,272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,103)
  • Polish first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My boyfriend whisked me away to this fabulous hotel in March this year, promising to show me what Paradise is like - and boy was he right!!
We didn't take the Thomson bus and got a private transfer instead - well worth it in our view after the very long flight from Manchester and arriving in that heat!
All other reviews set out in great detail all of the wonderful features of this resort and I can only echo them. The rooms are beautiful and well maintained, kept very clean and well stocked, the grounds are immaculate, the pools are beautiful, the restaurants (apart from Arrecifes) were wonderful, and as everyone who has been there has said, you won't find more friendly, helpful, welcoming, attentive staff. The food is all pretty much gourmet - so no, there aren't any buffets (apart from the beach bbq at lunchtime). Again I would suggest if this causes you a problem then book somewhere else. I really enjoyed being able to choose off a gourmet menu every day - who gets to do that when they're at home?!
We had a couple of issues (what 14 days ever passes without incident at home or away?) but they were rectified immediately to our satisfaction. I can see how some people would have issues with the beach but the hotel is doing its best with what Mother Nature has done - no you can't really swim from the beach but if that's what you want to do, really you should have read the reviews and gone somewhere else...
We booked all of our trips through the beach hut guys - they were fabulous, gave us great discounts and got us everywhere we wanted and when we wanted. There really is no need to book through Thomson and, in our experience, Lomas Travel in Reception were a disappointment too.
We also went exploring on our own, taking the collectivo to Tulum and to Playa Del Carmen - great fun, cheap and cheerful and totally safe. Just do it!
Overall this was a luxury, relaxing trip and if I could, I'd go back in a heartbeat.
I was promised Paradise and this entire trip was all that and more!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New Paltz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Our second trip to Seaside was as fantastic as the first! The resort was full but there was always plenty of space to be alone or, if you chose, plenty of people to mingle with. Very friendly staff always there to make your trip a five star experience. The new spa facility is beautiful! We enjoyed a fantastic massage with royal treatment. We will be back soon and can't wait!

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Have just returned from a fabulous honeymoon. Spent 10 days at Sea Side Suites ( followed by a 4 day visit to Azul Sensatori hotel closer to Cancun which is part of the same hotel group). The rooms at Sea Side Suites are perfect for honeymooners or any "couples" holidays. Very spacious and romantic, huge canopied bed which is probably the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced in any hotel room. The jacuzi bath is a real bonus and the perfect place for a glass of bubbly. Enjoyed all the different restaurants - especially at breakfast the fresh fruit bar was great. Didnt get to see much of the evening entertainment (well it was our honeymoon ! ) but the shows we did see we really enjoyed. They were varied and of a good quality.
Without a shadow of a doubt the jewel in the crown at this hotel ( and Azul Sensatori ) is the fantastic service provided by the very capable staff. nothing is too much trouble and everyone is smiling and helpful. More importantly staff seem genuinely happy to serve you and seem very happy to be employed here. We are freqent travellers and usually travel around Europe and dont recall ever enjoying this consistently high level of customer service anywhere in Europe. Hugo from the entertainment team is a credit to the hotel and Matt the Thomson rep was extremely good at his job and such a nice guy. I particularly applaud the "personal Concierge" system.
( gazebo style offices around the resort serving one or two accommodation blocks) staff at these offices deal with any queries or requests, provide beach towels and book special meals, spa treatments etc. they offer a much more personal service than the more usual main reception concierge service.
Im finding it hard to think of anything negative to say about the place- ok so the beach was not perfect but still very nice. The gardens and the wildlife in the area certainly make up for it !
My top tip for travellers to Sea Side Suites - do not hesitate to use the local collectivos to get out and about cheaply. Take the hotel spa shuttle up to the main road then get the mini bus / collectivo service along the highway. Go north to Playa del Carmen or better still go south to Tulum. to see the fantastic Mayan ruins there. Buses are about every 10 mins. They are very safe, comfortable and usually with air con. Fares are about £1.50 each way so much cheaper than a taxi and more fun.

Sutton Coldfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had a lovely holiday 5-19 Apr 2012 where the staff were excellent. We had our 'spot' on the beach near the main pool, enjoying the sea breeze and excellent weather. Of special mention is the bar waitress Lucy who kept us supplied with drinks. We would have preferred mattresses on the sunbeds.
Our overall favourite restaurant was La Vida and we would like to complement all staff there. Service was rather slow in Mia Casa. The main bar and entertainment were excellent as were the activities staff. We enjoyed the hotel's ecological tour. A good day out was a visit to Tulum followed by watersports at Xel Ha organised by our tour operator.
We had super rooms with a good supply of hot water and towels.

Room Tip: we were in block 17** which was ideal
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I just visited El Dorado Seaside April 13th to 20th, 2012. Amazing resort, area, etc.
While there I was wishing I had my computer to write a review immediately. I really don't know why people are complaining about the AC not working or it being outdated, etc. My AC worked too well. After the first night I just shut it off. I did not see anywhere at this resort that was outdated. From the marble floors in the rooms to the restaurants. They chefs are great at putting out a good variety of meals to chose from, as this is a Gourmet Inclusive resort. You sit down for all meals... the closest you'll get to a buffet here in continental breakfast @ the main restaurant. Even then they will do eggs to order, have French Toast, etc.
So... I travelled solo! Yep, for the first time I went on a vacation by myself leaving kids and hubby home. It is adults only. BUT I did feel like it was more couples only. That got a little old towards the end, as this is my ONLY complaint.
There was a couple there leavinga and not wanting to pay for their charges cause they didn't like the decor or landscaping. I TOOK PICTURES OF THEIR LANDSCAPING. So cool... instead of using rocks as fillers they used cocnuts. They're everywhere. This is also an eco-friendly resort and at one of the other El Dorado's they have a HUGE garden where they grown all their own vegetables, etc. They use the coconuts from their own trees to make drinks. It's just a great place! They ocean floor is pretty rocky, but this is at the 2nd largest coral reef in the world, but... the beach is great. I fell asleep a few times after the server came ONTO the breach maybe one too many times with drinks. :-) NICE!
I went into Playa del Carmen a few times... I guess you can walk to the main gate and catch a $5.00 public transportation OR do what I did and grab a cab from lobby for $23.00. It's about 40 minutes away and for 40 here I couldn't go anywhere in a cab for $23.00.
Lots of people go to and from town.... just split a ride there and that'll save you half.
I also went to Xel-Ha... an amazing waterpark. Not slides! Rope swings, cliff jumping, dolphins, a REAL lazy river, Iguanas everywhere, hammock jungles, restaurants and bars. AND... your ticket gets you all the food and drinks even. And all-inclusive park. Pretty cool!
I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS TO YOU! It's very tasteful, elegant, calm and relaxing!
Oh... I did notice noise as that is a big complaint to some. I had room 2502. It was directly between the main lobby bar (which is outside and under a thatched roof) and the swim up bar. And beachfront. I had the best room there. It was noisy at night, but after two nights I got very used to it. And every morning about 2 or 3 am these crazy loud birds starting howling. More howling, less singing. That was annoying, I will admit. But by the end of the week I was wondering if someone finally did them off or I just don't even notice them anymore. Very small price to pay for a fantastic trip!

Room Tip: Room 2502. My room was the closest room to main bar, swim up bar and beach. A little noisy at nig...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had a great holiday at this resort.

Well looked after by really friendly staff in a really great location set along the beach.

As mentioned elsewhere (and by the marketing blurb) the hotel offers a la carte dining and the selections on offer were superb. The Mia Casa Italian is the classiest place and gave us some wonderful food. The Mexican place was very good also, a bit quieter but none the worse for that. We only ate at the Asian place once but were royally looked after. Dinner in one of the sky palapa's was a real treat too (you'll pay extra for that though - see the helpful concierges dotted about). Try a Mexican breakfast too - chillies and peppers in the morning shouldn't really work but the plate of food I had was ace!

The room was great, spotless, lots of space, big huge bed, cracking shower and jacuzzi bath. We loved the "towel animals" made by the chamber maid each day - swans, elephants, rabbits, even a dinosaur one day! Our air-con packed in one day but they had it repaired in about 30 minutes.

Not a problem getting some space on the beach or getting a proper 4 poster bed now and then and great service while you were there. We used the spa services which were right on the beach too with the waves lapping in behind you - lovely!

There was the occassional wait at a bar while we were there and inevitably you'll pay a bit more for the privilege of the a la carte dining and branded drinks but overall this was a great holiday and we would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!