“One word AMAZING and we had our PERFECT wedding!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma

You added El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
40% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
England UK
“One word AMAZING and we had our PERFECT wedding!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wow where do I start - me and my hubby arrived at this hotel on 21/09/2011 with 6 of our family and friends and then another 11 family and and friends arrived a week later on the 28/09/2011. We did that much research on hotels in Mexico before we booked our holiday as me and my now hubby wanted to get married in this beautiful country - we are soooo glad we choose this hotel it was PERFECT for our wedding, the rooms, food, service, beautiful and well kept grounds and entertainment. We have never been to a hotel so nice that there is absolutely nothing you could fault, there is absolutely nothing you could moan about. We stayed in room 3104 and the room was fabulous, we are missing the largest most comfortable bed since we have been back home :-(. We had beautiful towel arrangements every day from the maid and at one point we had a little family of towel animals which were lovely. The restaurants and the food quality is out of this world, you dont know whether to eat it or take a photo of the food. Mia Casa was our favourite restaurant and we also liked the Vida Grill, and we enjoyed the Sandwiche in the morning just before the sun came out. Room Service is a nice touch which is included in your all inclusive and the menu is very good. The staff work so hard at this hotel and you couldnt walk past a member of staff without them saying 'Hola' which i thought was lovely. The staff at this hotel cannot do enough for you, I would like to say a massive thank you to Catarina and Victor for organising our wedding as we couldnt have asked for a more perfect day, the attention to detail, the wedding gazebo, decoration, flowers and service again was faultless - thank you so much for making our wedding day one that myself, my hubby and all of family and friends will never forget. Thank you Catarina for keeping me calm on the wedding morning and I will always think of the raccoons and smile :-). If you are thinking of getting married at this hotel do not hesitate just book and you will not be dissappointed. The beach is beautiful and that was where we spent most of our days in the two weeks that we were there, the sand bags are fine and people have made out on here that they are ugly but i thought they were great, lots of beautiful fish by them and lovely to watch the birds all day soaking up the sun and having a wash with there young. It was a little annoying that people put towels down on the beach beds and would only come and lie on them 1 hour throughout the day, but the weather was so hot anyway it was so nice just to soak up the sun on the sunbeds or go kayaking in the sea to top up the tan for the day. The evening entertainment was great, the best we have seen at a hotel, it is very difficult to entertain guests as everybody likes different things but they have a good mixture and of course some are better than others but when you have had a long day in the sun it was great to get ready and go to the swing bar and just chill out - Do not miss the Reggae Beach party on a Thursday night, the fire show with the drums was amazing, casino night on tuesdays was fun and they had a couple of really good bands on thoughout our stay which was nice to just sit and listen to with a cocktail or two. We also visited the spa before we left and this is a MUST, pay that extra bit of money and be pampered, we paid $117.00 for a 50 min all over body massage and 25 min facial which is well worth the money, you would pay more than that in this country, it really was lovely at the end of our holiday. I also had a lovely surprise as was not told that I would be getting ready in the spa, I was pampered on our wedding morning in the bridal suite it was beautiful. We booked Coco Bongos for all 19 of us through Pablo in the beach hut we paid a little extra and upgraded to VIP and we had our own little booth with waiters who brought drinks as soon as one was finished and they asked me and my friends to all go up on stage and dance on the podiums which was great fun, definately worth a trip, was unique and such a good night out, nothing like that in the uk. Do not hesitate to book at this hotel you will have a wonderful time and we are all missing it soooo much. There are a few of our guests that are already planning on trips back there very soon and would be nice for us to go back and visit again for our wedding anniversary one year. Just book it you will not be dissappointed you will have a great time!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,304)
  • Polish first
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

just had to write a review to say how fantastic this hotel is and to comment on some of the negative points in other reviews i admit i did see a rat in a tree. i also saw humming birds lizards of all shapes and sizes lots of colorful birds many tropical fish sea eagles and i,m sure there were many more animals because we were in the middle of a jungle how you can stop rats is beyond me.as for not being able to get a drink at the bar (even if there was no one there) i can honestly say i never went without a drink some bars were busier than others granted and i may have had to wait more than 2 minutes but the alcohol was always on hand if you wanted it as was the first class food in all the restaurants everybody will have there favorites i also was there when the bed collapsed on the beach and yes the couple did go to the hospital and it was a quite bad accident the wood around the bed was rotten and collapsed when the sat on the edge of the bed and landed on top of them causing injuries to both of them and when i saw them the next day they seemed ok (but i,m not a doctor) they were upgraded to the royal suite they told me but a nasty experience never the less.i found my stay there absolutely fantastic from the rooms to the staff the restaurants and bars. i understand that we all have different tastes and if you want you can find faults anywhere but if your going to this hotel dont worry everything is excellent go and enjoy

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed at EDSS between 18/9 -2/10 and it was fantastic.
This is our 3rd visit to this hotel / resort , so to an extent it speaks for itself.....
The staff work incredibly hard from the gardners through to the management and they are all extremely helpful , always smiling irrespective whether its first thing in the morning or last thing at night.
Due to us returning for a 3rd visit , we were treated a "repeater" guests and they gave us "welcome back" t-shirts , champagne , hand made chocolates and our bed was turned down every night which was a lovely touch.
Furthermore , a lot of the staff were still there when we were there on the 2 previous occasions and they thanked us profusely for returning to EDSS and hoped to see us again in the near future.
We decided this time to have relaxed " chilled out" time as on our earlier visits to the River Maya , we'd done a lot of trips / sight seeing and we had an incredible time with phenominal service in all areas of the hotel.
The only down side was that when we were there , the hotel was between 85-90% full and with it being a boutique type hotel it was quite busy and on occasion there was queues to gain entrance to the restaurants in the evening. In our previous visits to EDSS it has only been 40-50% full which is ideal for us.
In view that the place was quite busy in our 1st week , the only other "issue" was obtaining a bed at the pool - we preferred the quiet lap pool and you had to get up between 0600 - 0630 to get a bed but this tailed off during the 2nd week.
Apart from these very miniscule "issues" everything else was absolutely brilliant. We also met some nice people which added to our enjoyment / hoilday ( special mention to Karen & Russell from Largs and Fiona & Norman from Helensburgh).
I'm sure we'll return to EDSS in years to come as it is a very special place to us.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 18 which is very quiet and far enough away from the activity pool area.
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Had a fantastic holiday at EDSS, met some great people and had loads of fun. (Hi John, Denise, June, Harry, Pete and Lorraine). This part of the holiday met my expectations because we we were looking for an easy holiday experience which is a change of pace for us, where you dont have to think too much like where to eat and everything was all in included.

Rooms,... Bed as all have said, is very comfortable, large and pretty with voil drapes, jacuzzi in room was great and we used it loads because the shower lacked pressure...well I cant say I was a fan of rooms overall...not 5 star, very 1980's artex walls and in need of a upgrade. Shower was poor, but i didnt complain because I was happy with our room 1612, on 2nd floor.

Nice garden area outside, small balcony which we did use a fair bit and slight view of sea and pool. Also did lots of critter watching, snakes, rats, mice, Argouti (look like a rat with no tail but as big as a rabbit) and 'bandidos' cute racoons on the rampage for leftovers. Vultures, iguanas and ghekos, brill.

I was quite surprised how busy the hotel was and I didnt find it quiet, at times I found it very noisy, the activity pool most days was very loud with fun and drink filled folk frolicking about. I would say that the majority of guests week 1 were British and mostly 20 something young or 50 something middled aged.Everyone was good natured and on the whole quite reserved in nature whilst being sociable (if that makes sense).

The beach..whilst I knew about the sandbags, I was quite shocked how bad they looked and also how much this affected my impression of EDSS. It made me realise that part of my enjoyment is the beauty of the beach and this was deffinately the downside for me.

There are great lazy shaded areas dotted around everywhere under the palm trees for quiet space.

We liked the quiet end of the beach near the small bar, its got a walled area so diffiicult to use the sea here and the quiet pool is close, but no real shade around the pool. There are some nice lounging undercover areas next to the bar though and we liked it there. Vey close is the Mexican and Italian restaurants.

Eateries..We liked Arrecefs and Vida Grill for breakfast, Arrecefs was great because you could help your self and the selection was quite wide ranging.the Sandwitcherie or Arrecefs for lunch or occiaionally the beach bbq were all great.

As for dinner, well it was vey hit and miss I have to say. You could have the same meal twice and it was completely different. I struggled with the lack of veg and how salty the food was and mostly the food was luke warm. With that said we had nice fillet quality steak in the the Italian 1 night, the italian menu I thought very limited, food over seasoned and funny enough food which needed seasoning the capresse salad had no salt at all...strange...

the menu in the Mexican was most suited to our taste and we had 1 good meal and one hopeless meal in the asian.So very personal taste issue I think. Had room service for snacks 1 day naccos, and coffee and pastries 1 morning both good, but on the cold side.Coffee..great expresso, very weak Americano.

Staff without exception were fantastic , the service as all have said is 5 star. The room maid did a first class job loads of lovely touches and got a biggest tip Ive ever seen my hubby leave any staff.All other staff Dave tipped small each day. Front of house great service as was Lomas travel, first class service.

Trips, we went with Lomas to Xel Ha, what a fantastic day, spent in the company of some great Texan folk, Joanna and co (Thanks guys made my birthday). This is a wonderful and natural water park and the snorkling and fish we saw, wonderous.Very good value for money trip.

We hopped on the collectivo and went up to Talum ruins ..great afernoon, paid for a guide for an hour and swam in the bluest of seas to cool off. Talum has a great public beach also and some interesting places to wander around.

Also took a taxi to Akkumal beach and saw turtles and rays just off the beach. Took a taxi to the marina at PA, saw the dolphins and had a drink in Gringo Daves that was.Took a taxi into Playa Del Carmen, but its not for me(too much nagging for looky looky) so hot tailed it back to EDSS.

Beware the drinks at EDSS, whilst the mudslides at 11am were great and naughty...by the evening you certainly dont get premium brand drinks and the bar runs out of all but local spirits and I am tempted to say the drinks are weak...that despite several G and T's I never so much felt tipsy ...so make of that what you will..each night they run out of Pernod and often absolute vodka.

The beach bed at dawn towel game...shocking...this is a Spain habit moved to Mexico, one of the reasons I never go to Spain. What was worse was the people saving the swinging beds and also 2 loungers as well....very spiteful thing to do...people. (Loads of people smoke, everywhere except inside restaurants)

Spa very good lovely environment, but hugely over priced...

Loved the holiday, loved the staff and loved the overall vibe , but dont expect 5 star luxury because as usual you get what you pay for! Would I go back???, no,, but seldom do.

Hope you enjoy as we did worts and all... Im off to Bali next year to see what that brings.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is fantastic. We spent 2wks at the El Dorado Seaside Suites from 22nd Sept & it was the most luxurious, friendly & relaxing resort we have ever visited - we definitely didn't want to come home! For the money you pay to stay at this hotel we think you would be hard pushed to to find better.
ROOM - ours was a garden view (facing the sea but palm trees obscured the view) which was spacious, well furnished, clean & had excellent amenities - where else do you get a double jacuzzi in your room as standard!
FOOD - the 6 gourmet restaurants were all great & the menus were all different. We preferred the Italian & Asian but that's just personal preferrence, we tried all of them & weren't disappointed with any of the meals we had. You can eat as much or as little as you like & you definitely won't go hungry. If you can't be bothered to get up for breakfast or go out at night - just order in, the room service is included.
DRINKS - international drinks are included but you do need to ask if you want them - half a pint of Baileys is quite a treat! You can also make your own bloody marys in the Arrecife restaurant at breakfast, or have bucks fizz every day with your cornflakes! If you want it just ask, except for the special wine selection available in the restaurants we found everything else was included.
STAFF - are very friendly, they always say hello & with a smile - whether you tip or not.
POOL - we didn't use the pool but can say that's where they have all the entertainment so if you're wanting some quiet chill out time this probably isn't the place for you.
BEACH - this is the only downside (& it's a very small downside), it's not very wide & wasn't the soft powdery sand we were expecting. Sea shoes are a good investment just to make going into the sea more comfortable. Having said that, we sunbathed on the beach & went in the sea to snorkel & swim every day so it can't be that bad!
LOCATION - the hotel is surrounded by forest / jungle so expect some wildlife, we saw a raccoon, iguanas, geckos & even a small snake but they all run & hide when they see you so nothing to worry about. Mozzie spray however is a must.
ACTIVITIES - there is entertainment throughout the day & every evening & you can use the kayaks & snorkel gear as often as you like free of charge. There are also numerous trips you can go on but these of course are at additional cost.
If it wasn't such a big world we would defnitely go back next year!

Room Tip: Very few rooms have a sea view due to the palm trees so if you want to spoil yourself go for a swim...
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Just returned back mid September from a wonderful holiday/wedding/honeymoon all in one at eldorado seaside suites. For us this was the first time in an all inclusive resort, it was total luxury! Resort itself is so clean and tidy, staff are constantly cleaning, right down to the beach edge to ensure there is not a lot of seaweed at the waters edge! Staff within the complex are so friendly and attentive to your needs, they will do anything for you to make you feel special. Loved how bar staff would bring you cocktails when at the beech remembering what you had ordered from the day before!
Food in all restaurants is excellent, really nice that it is proper restaurants and not buffet style, also the 24 hour room service is an added bonus if you feel like staying in. We upgraded to a swim up suite, which was really worth the money, instant access to the lazy river and the bar!! Daily towel art in the rooms was also very entertaining.
Our holiday was made even more special as we got married at the start of the second week. Still cant believe how easy it was to organise the wedding, every detail I asked for was granted. We chose the wedding gazebo as a location which was perfect. The wedding co-ordinators Jorge and Alexandria were fantastic ensuring everything went well. The hardest part was wearing a full wedding dress and kilts in the heat! Our wedding meal was on the beach at night and was really good, had picked our meal back home and could not have been happier with the whole experience.
Would definately recommend this resort to anyone thinking of going, added bonus is no kids which makes it more relaxing and relaxing. We are already planning the return trip hopefully in time to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites on 28th August for 7nights, we stayed in a swim up suite in block 4 and it was totally amazing..... What makes this Hotel amazing is the staff, the service is the best you can get, from the restaurants, bars, reception right down to the ground staff.
I would like to say a special mention to Julia at Guest Services and Alejandro our personal Concierge....the personal touches made our holiday.. On arrival we had champagne and fruit and the Jacuzzi was decorated with flower petals...We loved all the restaurants, Italian and Asian were our favourites. I would definately recommend a swim up room and our's was a great location as it was next to the swim up bar..... Honestly you really have to go here, I had been to the Royal Cancun the year before and thought that was amazing but EDSS exceeded my expectations... tip I have is if going to Coco Bongo's in Playa Del Carmen, choose the vip night as this was much better, had a great view of the show and a table and a waiter serving us drinks all night....
This is the best Hotel I have ever stayed at and I am a Travel Agent and very well travelled....
Thank you sooo much EDSS and I will definately see you again......

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Seaside Suites, by Karisma? Share your experiences!