“AVENTURA SPA PLACE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aventura Spa Palace

Save Saved
You added Aventura Spa Palace to your Saves list
Aventura Spa Palace
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Lacombe, Canada
“AVENTURA SPA PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

This was our 3rd stay at Aventura Spa Palace. The staff are wonderful and can’t thank us enough for returning to their hotel.…they don’t realize our return has a lot to do with them …we really enjoy the employees there. The food is incredible. We ate at le Huerta this trip and it became my favourite restaurant. Don’t know why we didn’t frequent it in the past. The martini bar is a nice addition – we didn’t know martinis were so good! The entertainment is enjoyable – there’s always an activity going on if you wish to join in. The spa is top notch. Another new addition this year was tea at 5pm. Tea and cookies at the indoor pool or wine and breads and cheese in the lobby – loved them both!!!

We took a day trip to Isla Mujeres and had lunch at a little restaurant beside the Palace resort. The fish (Tikinshik style) is worth the trip in itself. You can rent a taxi and tour the whole island in the allotted time and it’s a beautiful island. Out taxi driver stopped at all the highlights – a look out tower, a house shaped like a shell and the turtle hatchery.

We played golf at the Playa del Carmen Palace course. The beauty was breathtaking. Even if you don’t golf I’d recommend going.

I can’t say enough about this place. I would recommend it to anyone, and I have a number of times. I’m sure we’ll be back (and no we are not members).

My only negatives would be:
1 we were in the concierge level and the treats that are delivered to our
room each night should be coved as by the time we returned to our room there were ants on the plate.
2 the service at the buffet restaurant on the cove side wasn’t as good as it was last year, but we were there quite late one evening.

3,734 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

This was my first real vacation and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I researched a lot prior to booking - we had some specific ideas on what we were looking for, and managed to satisfy all of them with this resort.

The staff were ridiculously friendly, but that seemed to be the way of the people in that entire area. The rooms were spotless, and spacious - loved the shower! The grounds were very well kept. Our room overlooked a wee jungle with climbing gear hidden within - spotted monkeys and a few other animals living in there.

The food was very good. The Oriental restaurant was probably the best - we both ordered some curry dish, which when it arrived was not at all curry, but was that good that there was no way we'd consider sending it back. The Mexican restaurant was great fun - the production of making guacamole and Mayan coffee was great fun to watch. And the coffee was orgasmic!

The entertainment they have going on is definitely worth seeing. Even the poolside crew keep the place revved up all day long. And what a fun group they are. The spa is lovely and they treat you very well there. The treatments are very well done, very professional.

I think for the entire week we had 3 issues - 2 of which were fairly small.

1)We were told that the government of Mexico was doing a promotion to encourage people to refer friends/family to visit the country, and would we go listen for an hour and a half. What we got was a 2 1/2 hr hard sell on vacation packages. The packages were probably a great deal, but when we declined, they sent over a backup to "encourage" us some more. That and the fact that they flat out lied about what the presentation was, left a bit of a bad taste in our mouths.
2) We walked out of the steakhouse restaurant due to bad service, or rather, no service. I think the poor guy was overwhelmed with the couple of larger tables he had as well, and probably just forgot about us. It happens, and so we didnt' get too worked up about it - just left the place.
3) Ran out of one type of alcohol in the room, and it took over 24 hrs, plus a couple phone calls, to get it replaced. Again...no biggie. There is no shortage of drink in the resort.

There are a gazillion places in the world to vacation, and I'm certain we will be trying some of those next time, but if we were to return to the Playa area, we'd definitely rebook there. And would not hesitate in booking into any other Palace resort elsewhere.

They are definitely worth the money.

Tucson, Arizona, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

The staff at this resort was surperb! Everyone was friendly and treated you well. The spa service was also excellent. The room was clean and provided liter bottles of tequlia, vodka, rum, and sctoch. No bourbon or whiskey provided in room-even if you asked for it. Most of the time the food was OK to good, but the Christmas Eve dinner was terrible. The steak was nothing but gristle, and the turkey plate -you had to guess what you were eating. Many area of the resort needed small repairs. Black mold in the showers and black algae on the pool tiles. It wasn't very crowded 12.22.10 to 12.27.10. Again the staff was wonderful! It's 20 mins from Playa Del Carmen, then a ferry ride to Cozumel, and hour from Cancun. We never did go down and hear the speech about buying into time shares from them. The wildlife was exceptional, and lagoon pretty. No direct access to any beaches. Many restaurants to chose from. Rooms small for price( we had 2 beds). No fans in the bathroom. Our surf and turf dinner the last night WAS wonderful!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My husband and I try to travel every year for our wedding anniversary and after a not so great experience in Jamaica we came back to the Palace we love. Things changed with half of the resort being turned into the cove for families but we still used facilities on both sides. The cove side seemed empty while we were there. Met up with a few couple we had met two years ago which was such a pleasant suprise and we saw a lot of the same staff from two years ago too! As with any all inclusive the breakfast and lunch meals become a bit redundant but there was always something new to try at dinner. We did a snorkeling tour to Akumal and it was fantastic. There is no natural beach at Aventura, just a man made inlet with sand. That is the one thing we wish were different. We love this place and would recommend Palace resorts to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

We checked into the Aventura Spa Palace on the 18th Dec for a two week stay. We booked the resort view room type thinking we would upgrade on arrival using our resort credit. On check in I didn't receive a welcome drink but when I asked about the room type she said that for an ocean view it would cost $2500 to upgrade or the resort view would be a road..... I asked are you sure there is not another option? Garden view or an upgrade but not as expensive? No it was the road or $2500 I agreed to the upgrade cost and went to the room. When I got there it was a very distant ocean view and overlooking the yoga hut.....for $2500?? Really. I went back to reception - expressed my disapproval and low and behold more options appeared as if by magic....!

They called "Jay Leno" the baggage guy to show me to my new room choice - a much better ocean view for $1000 extra. He is such a lovely man and really made me feel welcome and much better.

1. The rooms are nice a little smaller but really well stocked with everything you could need. All the ocean view rooms are side ocean view apart from the presidential suites that have the full view. The maid service was good always on time and the turn down service was great.

2. Gym - loved the gym and spa area. They have classes everyday including spinning at 9am, yoga at 9am and 5pm. Stretching class. Body Pump. Really nice facility. Nothing better than a morning run overlooking the ocean followed by a yoga class.

3. Spa - Nice facilities. Not the best I have been to but pretty nice. They have a sauna, steam, hot tub and a cold plunge pool. Also showers and changing facilities. I went and took an hour before my treatment to get the full experience. After my treatment I showered and washed my hair they have all the products to hand including body lotion and hair supplies.

4. Food - Mostly ok. The guacamole was excellent at the Mexican restaurant and I liked the oriental restaurant. The steak place was a little dire. The breakfasts were good, lots of healthy juices like beetroot and carrot. It was the same everyday but it was good. They have a Mexican section, hot breakfast section, oatmeal, fruit and smoothie section, omelets station, cold meats/cheese and breads, bagels, muffins etc etc. Cereal. Lunch was the same buffet most days. Lots Mexican food which I love! Nice food but after a few days it got a little old. Burgers, stir-fry's, etc etc Lunch was ok.

5. Service - The service was out of this world. You couldn't fault. We got coffee in the blink of an eye here in the morning, when last year I almost had to trip the waitress up a sandals to get served. They have a ton of staff and the bar and wait staff were truly excellent.

6. The martini bar - wonderful....loved the location!! Perfect! Great Mojitos. Jose is the best.

We had a good time at the resort but moved to Sun Palace after a week. The resort was just too big for us it had the feel of an airport but with no people. The resort was at 20% occupancy and it lacked atmosphere. It is like a finally tuned machine. It is huge and works well, as said the service was amazing and you had everything at your finger tips to have a great time but the lack of people in such a huge resort was strange. I love hanging out with my husband and that is why I went but if you're in the martini bar and every night it is just you and maybe one couple it is just a different feel.

I would recommend if you are going for two weeks spilt your time between two resorts and you also get the resort credit twice.....!

Also my husband had to use the doctor on site for a bad stomach and they told him $70 which was fine and on check out they changed us the $70 PLUS $300 for antibiotics......when we disputed the charge they said ok $200 so please be aware if you have to go to the doctors the medicine cost is very high.

Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

I read the reviews about this resort before I booked our vacation here. I looked at both the good and the bad reviews, paying particular attention to the bad reviews. So after our vacation at the Aventura Spa Palace, I can only say this: Where did those bad reviewers stay? It wasn't at the resort we stayed at! Not only was the staff the friendliest I've experienced anywhere, but the resort facilities were top notched and in good condition. The food, which always seems to be in question at all inclusive resorts, was a great surprise. All of the restaurants were upscale and good quality with a variety of selections in all categories. No ho hum buffets and no reservations required. 24 hour room service that was on time and good quality. The bars were plentiful and staffed with plenty of waitresses and bartenders, both around the resort and around the pools. The drinks were of good quality and the liqour wasn't just off brands. If you asked for a specific liqour, you could watch them grab the bottle and pour it without any questions. Aound the pool, you could either join in some low keyed activities or just sit and read a book. Waitresses at the pool provided you with drinks non stop and you could order food delivered right to your lounge chair if you chose. The adults only feature just added to the exclusive feel of this great resort. And if you wanted to have fun with more activities, you were only steps away from the family resort, the Aventura Cove Palace, located right next door. To top all of this off, they provide you with $1,500 in credit to spend, either at the Spa, for tours, or for golf. And the spa was great. We all had massages and different spa treatments and enjoyed them all. Overall, this resort was the best. One of the most relaxing trips we've taken in years. And with the problems in Mexico recently, the security on the property was first rate. We felt safe the whole trip. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone lookind for a great getaway. Bravo Spa Palace!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

My boyfriend and I just spent a week at the Aventura Spa Palace. We loved our stay here and we cant wait to go back next year. This was our first time to Mexico. Its about an hr drive from the airport which is kind of a drag but when we arrived to the spa were amazed right away. As we pulled up the bell men grabbed all of our luggage and were very friendly. They had a warm towel ready incase we were hot and beverages served as walked through the door.
Our room was great very clean and roomy. The bed was comfortable. The maids came twice a day to check if we needed anything. We took full advantage of the tub. We stayed in the Tuba building which is the last building on the property near the chapel. It was a long walk to the lobby but after all the food we ate we needed that walk.
The restuarants were very good and the staff was soooo friendly and always wanting to get you something. The lunch buffet got kind of borning after the second day but the pool bar had really good sandwhichs. The breakfast buffet was really good.
Make sure you try the Mayan Coffee its great and also its fun to watch show of them making it. My personal favorite was the Mexican Restuarant the food was great and they had 3 amigos walking around singing at each table which was fun to watch.
The beach was rocky but the chairs were extremely comfy, felt like we were laying on the couch. We wished that there was a real beach but we used the resort at Playa Del Carmen and their beach was gorgeous.
Also recommend watching the light show that they have at the Cove Resort. It was a really good show.
Lastly, the promotion of credit was great. We used the spa which was great and we went swimming with the dolphains and that was REALLY fun. We used up our credit with some pictures. Alot of the trips were all day so we didnt want to waste a day away, but next we will.
The price is good and everything about this place is GREAT!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Aventura Spa Palace? Share your experiences!