“Awesome Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Ramona, California
“Awesome Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We spent a week at Aventura Spa Palace and had an incredible trip! The resort was beautiful and quite large. It's right next door to Aventura Cove Palace so it's like one huge resort. The pools are awesome and I love the swim-up bar.
The rooms are nice and all have a jacuzzi in the room as well as a stocked fridge with beer, sodas, juice, water and a liquor dispenser. They have free Wi-Fi anywhere on the resort, even when you go to the other resorts, so your set if you have a laptop or smart-phone.
The staff is top notch! They are so friendly and anytime you walk past one they bid a cheerful 'Hola'. They are all about making sure you have everything you need and are having a great time. The guest service staff are there to help you book tours, excursions, etc. They do it all right there for you and basically just tell you where to be, what time and when.
Every night there is a different form of entertainment...fire shows, karyoke, break dancing, Michael Jackson, Samba, etc. The staff go around during the day dressed up in the theme promoting the show and encouraging guests to attend.
There is a good variety of food choices with multiple restaurants and bars. Jose at the Martini Bar at ASP is awesome! He is always concocting special shots and passes them out to his guests seated at the bar.
The Spa is amazing!! The atmosphere is relaxing and beautiful with views of the ocean while you sit and relax after your treatment with a cup of tea. We had quite a few services and every one was great. They have a nice fitness center and indoor pool as well as an outside fitness trail and rock climbing wall, yoga and water aerobics.
All-inclusive is the way to go...you don't have to worry about spending money on food and drinks. With Palace resorts, you can go to any of the resorts and enjoy the all-inclusive benefits. They will even let you use a room to shower and freshen up if you are visiting from a neighbor Palace Resort.
The only bad thing is that there is not an actual sandy beach right at ASP. There are some nearby and plenty of pools so it's not a deal breaker.
We made a trip to Cozumel Palace, Xpu-Ha Palace and Playacar Palace and ASP was by far the best and it is adults only. Cove Palace is also great and is right next door within walking distance and they allow children.
I will definitely go back and would highly recommend it to anyone! Take advantage of the $1,500 resort credit promotion going on. It's dollar for dollar and they give you a list of things you can use it for...spa, golf, tours, room upgrade, wedding, etc.
To sum it up...simply amazing!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
New Ashford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a week as part of a mexico trip.
The hotel is massive and I believe has 1500 staff who are very attentive.
The food was out of this world.
Plenty to do and excellent tours.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. We had the best time. I love how they offered tours to the different pyramids, this made it easy for us to plan our week long stay. The buffets they have available are all delicious, and the fact that you can go to one of their sister properties and use the pool and eat at their buffets was awesome. We were also able to visit the spa and enjoyed our couples massage.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

The service was unbelievable! I felt like a queen! Everyone that worked at the resort couldn't have been nicer! The monkey tour and the kitchen tour was soooo great! We took day trips to Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen! How great to be able to eat and drink at those resorts, also! The entertainment nightly was fabulous. The food was delicious. I couldn't believe the variety of restaurants to choose from... Italian was my favorite! I checked out the comments before I went and they really varied. I think anyone that is disappointed has to be really negative and critical!! The only thing I could complain about is not being right on a beach, but the other 2 locations nearby were right on the water - so go there if you want the beach scene. The spa was the greatest!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My fiance and I made the decision to have a destination wedding soon after we got engaged. We chose to get married in Cancun and once we hired a Travel Agent thru destinationweddings.com, she recommended for us to get married at the Aventura Spa Palace. She gave us a few options, but they were just emails with pasted information that I later found myself online.
Our TA said the Aventura Spa was isolated and was very romantic was a 5 star resort so we decided to go for it.

We decided to go with the complimentary wedding because we were already paying a lot of money for the travel which added to almost $5000 (rt airfaire and 11 day hotel stay). We ended up spending a lot more money because they have ridiculous fees for everything else! Like bouquets for each bridesmaid $120 bucks (imagine if you have 5), a stupid flower for your hair $30! and if any of your guests are not staying at the resort they charge $90 per person! I had over 10 that were not staying at the hotel! So i spend $900 dollars for 10 people! I could've cater a wedding dinner AND appetizers of 45 people where I live for that much money!! Yazmin was our wedding cordinator and she was always short and rude on her emails. I know she probably does weddings every day, but she was always hasty and unfriendly. The wedding was ok, I wrote the ceremony verbiage and the pastor selected by the resort to marry us looked homeless, wearing dirty white tennis shoes, dirty black pants, dirty black shirt unbuttoned partially and his hair looked as if he had just gotten out of bed! And it was 4pm!!! I sent the ceremony program about 4 months before the wedding and the guy kept stumbing over words (he looked like a native english speaker) and misreading the entire wedding! My guests thought he was DRUNK! Now looking at the video, i can see why!

The hair and makeup that i paid for (twice, the trial and the day of) was not done nice, my photographer had to touch up my makeup because I looked horrid! I ended up breaking up with acne because of the makeup they used! The only thing I liked about my wedding was the horse carriage, it gave it a nice touch, but the food at the restaurant that Yazmin selected was the worst at the resort which has 5 restaurants, but she selected that one because of the nice terrace view which overlooks the rocks on the resort (did I mention the resort doesn't have any beach at all!!). The food was cold and NOT tasty. The only restaurants I liked at the resort was "the hacienda" mexican restaurant and the italian, which is downstairs of the asian which as the WORST food ever!

I was not impressed with the service upon my arrival or through out the stay. When we arrived we asked for ocean view which we thought we had arranged with our TA. Apparantely we had to buy a 'consierge' level, which we did and when we got to the room, we had to go all the way to the right corner of the balcony to "see" a little bit of ocean. The next day, we complained and told him there was not 'ocean' view, we paid an extra 800 dollars for the ocean view and then he said "well, there is really partcial ocean view in the whole resort, only the presidential suites have ocean view". Why didn't he tell us that in the first place!! We downgraded to the regular resort view, which was exactly the same room in another building and we had the same kind of ocean view but on the first level.

All the pools were freezing cold and the 'hot tubs" were '"warm" not hot like a hot tub should be.

Neethless to say, I would never go back to the "aventura spa palace", the location was not accomodating (all the cab rides to Playa del Carmen are huber expensive), the service was not friendly for the most part and treated my wedding guests who were NOT staying at the resort and i paid for like they were aliens. Yazmin never checked back to see how everything had turned out, and she kept my sand ceremony kit which now i have to pay an extra 70 dollars so she can send it back.

Wish I could get married again and do it all over, so I would not get married at the Aventura Spa Palace.

• Stayed October 2010
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Aventura Spa Palace is absolute PARADISE! My husband and I just returned from a week stay and we could not have had a better, more relaxing and romantic vacation! We had gone 2 years previously for our honeymoon and returned this year for our 2 year anniversary. We HAD to go back because it such an amazing place. Like I told my husband, I was able to reach a point of relaxation and low stress that I am just not able to reach anywhere else. Magical!

Let me start with the $1500 resort credit. Ridiculous - in a good way! With that credit, we were able to go to Tulum/Xpu-Ha, swim with the dolphins, get a couples sports massage, a 80 min aromatherapeutic massage and 50 min refresher facial for me, and a 1 hour photo session. We spent all of our credit with $2 left over, so we were pretty happy with how it turned out.

Tulum/Xpu Ha was great. I am not big into history, so I was worried I'd be bored to tears, but far from it! We were only at the ruins about 2 hours - it borders the ocean and the view is gorgeous! From there, we went to a market for 45 minutes (definitely know that you can bargain with them if you decide to buy anything) and then Xpu-Ha Palace for lunch and then 2 to 3 hours of free time (my husband kayaked while I laid poolside). It was a nice excursion and I'm so happy we did. Best of all, the only thing we paid for the whole day was our souvenier from the market (which we got for $12, even though we were orginally told $18).

Swimming with the dolphins was UNREAL. This is something I had wanted to do for the longest time, so I was pumped to get the chance! The transportation is not included, but it was a quick cab ride over to Dolphinaris - $7 each way and we even had another couple with us, so we only spent $7 total for transportation. The experience was great - you get to kiss the dolphin, do a handshake, pet them, make them talk, and hold onto their fins for a ride! Where they get you is the pictures. They are extremely overpriced, but if you stay and haggle long enough, they WILL go down quite a bit :)

The one excursion we did that we did not use our resort credit for was Xplor, which is the newest and coolest park in the Riviera Maya area. It was $99/person, but completely worth it. You could book through the resort and have transportation to and from, but we wanted to be on our own schedule and it was cheaper to get a taxi, so we did that! At Xplor, we were able to do 2 ziplining tours through the jungle, 2 ATV routes, 2 rafting routes through the caves, and 1 swim through the caves. Such a cool experience. And we got a decent workout too ;) Do it!

The spa is incredible. The hydrotherapy that you can take advantage of before your treatments is well worth it. Get there early and soak up the relaxation and pampering!

The food is wonderful. I am VERY picky, but I was able to stay full all day every day :) And I was able to eat healthy! Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, egg white omelettes, chicken dishes, potatoes, fresh guacamole (you can get it made for you fresh at La Hacienda and it's available at the snack bar by the pool every day... hello heaven!). Our favorite restaurant for dinner was Mo Mo No Hana. They are all excellent, but there is just something extra special about that one. We had sushi, appetizers, entrees, and dessert there - all amazing! Also, make sure you get a Mayan coffee at some point during your trip. It is so fun to watch the waiters make it and it tastes good too!

The service is what truly sets ASP apart from any other place we've been to. The staff is kind, friendly, and HAPPY - it is so refreshing! They seem as though they truly want to be there and they want their guests to have the best experience possible. That is exactly what we had :)

We can't rave enough about Aventura Spa Palace. We don't know when we'll be able to go back, but we know we will! It's paradise.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I traveled to the Aventura Spa Palace for our honeymoon and stayed there from October 10th through the 15th. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend this resort. Prior to booking the trip, I read tons of reviews such as these trying to figure out the best place to stay, and overall this was an excellent choice.
With our reservation, we received 1500 resort credits which was just awesome! We used up about half of our points to upgrade our room to a concierge level, which was a great decision. We got a better view, a personal concierge, a special room service menu, a special dinner (which we missed, but I bet it was good), a 25 minute massage each, and a pillow/aromatherapy menu (kind of silly- but still fun). We used up some more points on a trip to visit Tulum (cool ruins), and for a romantic spa package which included a couples massage and some other little treatments (I think it was two hours overall- pure heaven!) It’s really cool that they give you those points and we really used them up! The food and drinks are very good- they’re all included! It’s really fun to go to the restaurants and try as many appetizers and dishes as you want! And order as many drinks as you want, anytime! Needless to say, we both ate a lot and drank a lot nearly every day we were there, but hey, it was vacation! In particular, La Hacienda , the Mexican restaurant, was just delicious. From the flaming tequila guacamole, to the enchiladas with mole sauce, to the Mayan coffee at the end (don’t miss this!!), it was just great. I also really enjoyed many of the buffets for breakfast and lunch. In some of the other restaurants (like the steak restaurant and the Italian restaurant) the flavors were a little strange, but still not bad food. We also enjoyed room service fairly often, and it was good! The pool was beautiful and fun, and had a swim up bar! There is no beach, but the lagoon is pretty cool. We snorkeled one day and saw a ton of fish in there! The best thing had to be the service- the service is just impeccable. Everywhere you go they are extremely friendly and nice and quick to help you with what you need. Another cool thing is that their water is filtered, and while I still didn’t drink from the tap, I had lots of ice in my drinks and had no issues. While we were there, we also went on the monkey tour (don’t miss this, we saw monkeys in the trees!) and took a day trip to Playa Del Carmen. That was really fun, I’m so glad we did it! As a guest at a palace resort, you have access to other palace resorts, so we were able to use the beach at Playacar palace and they even held our stuff and gave us a room to shower and change in. The town is lively and the shopping is fun (be prepared to bargain) and we enjoyed some more authentic Mexican food and cervezas.
Just so you are aware, this is a time share resort and we had been warned that we might be pressured to go to one of their presentations. Having done this in the past on a vacation and wasted half of one of my vacation days, I really didn’t want to do that. However, we were never pressured at all! I don’t know if we just missed it or what, we met other people there who did the presentation (and became members!) but we avoided it completely, so I don’t think it’s a big deal. There was actually almost a hurricane while we were there, and the hotel did a great job of making us feel safe and relieving our fears. They seemed well prepared, and luckily the hurricane did not hit us and we enjoyed several more days of sunshine. The only thing that I really did not like was that on the last couple of days we were there a huge conference of people came to stay and the place became really busy. When we first arrived, the occupancy was something like 15% and the resort was quiet and calm. The occupancy then went up to more like 90% and was busy and the service quality went down. Not sure what they could have done to fix that, but it was annoying none the less.
Like I said, overall it was fantastic and I would highly recommend this resort or another palace resort for your vacation!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!