“What a great week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
lake orion, michigan
“What a great week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

My husband, another couple, and I just returned from ASP today. I wanted to get my thoughts down so I wouldn't forget any details. The hotel is amazing. If you count the Cove as a part of the complex, it is absolutely huge. There is plenty to keep everyone busy.

The week that we were there (November 28-December 5), the Spa side was only at about 40% occupancy. Someone told us that the Cove was at 20%, but when we walked to the pool on the Cove side, there were maybe 10 other people there. We did not see a large number of children, and by the middle of the week, we were walking over to the Cove for the relaxation of their pool. The restaraunts were never busy in the evening, and there were alot of empty tables.

My favorite restaurant was La Hacienda (Mexican). Make sure to ask for Juan, and order the Mayan Coffee, he makes a show of preparing it at your table. All of the restaurants were good, but the others I enjoyed were Venetta's (Pizza and Pasta), and La Trattoria. We ate breakfast at MoMoNoHana each morning, but in the evening we were quite disappointed in the service. I don't know if it was just an off evening for the staff, but the service was very bad.

We only took one of the hotel provided tours, the trip to Tulum. What an incredible place, my only complaint was that we did not have enough time. The tour included lunch and a brief stay for swimming at Xpu-Ha. I could have easily done without that part of the trip in favor of staying at Tulum. Neither the food nor the pool at Xpu-Ha compared to ASP.

I had two spa treatments, the first day we arrived I had a terrible headache. Mario, in Guest Relations, quickly arranged for me to have an Accupressure treatment. What a great way to get rid of a headache! Then as a part of the membership tour, I received a 2,000 peso coupon for the spa. With that, I had a hot rock massage...pure heaven! The membership tour was not high pressure, and the spa coupon was well worth the 1 1/2 we spent.

We only have two complaints from the entire week . First is the beds, they were terribly hard, it was like sleeping on a board. My friend has a bad back, and it was very difficult for her to sleep. She was even contemplating stealing a cushion from the beach chairs and taking it to her room! Second is the gift shops, they will not accept cash, it is either credit card or it gets charged to your room. That's not a huge issue, but if you just want a candy bar, or a pack of gum, it's ridiculous that you can't pay cash for small purchases.

Overall, neither of those complaints would stop us from going back. In fact, we did purchase a membership, and plan on going back several more times! I can't wait for our next trip.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

The Adventura Spa Palace is an all adult inclusive resort where they make you feel like royalty. The food is amazing and can be made to order depending on what you like or what your needs require. The facilities are amazing with a great work out areas, restaurants, pools, spa facilities, and more.
This was our 6th year at the Spa Palace and we will continue to go there each year and celebrate our many blessings.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Service, Food and spare time activity offer was simply perfect. The one and only thing which misses to a 100% perfect trip was the quite narrow hotel beach. But anyhow it was a almost perfect trip. We just loved it!

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Locust Grove,VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Just returned (11/28/09) from a week at this resort. This was our second visit here. Of all the places we've been, this is our favorite. We came in at the end of the "off season", but that didn't seem to put a damper on any of the activities, shows, restaurants, bars or, most importantly, staff attitudes. The service and overall quality of this resort is the reason we visited again, and also what will cause us to return. From the moment you arrive and receive the cool, refreshing towels and champagne welcome drink, to the time the porters come for your luggage at the end of your stay, the atmosphere and attitudes are top notch. The common theme among many visitors we talked to was this is a place you want to come back to. More than one person called it their "second home". The staff makes you feel like family. We are already planning a return visit.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Fantastic hotel...beautiful location if you are not really interested in going out on the town. They roll the sidewalks up at 10PM but if you are just looking for time together, this is a great place to go! The only other downside is the beach could have been nicer...very rocky when you first wade into the water, but if you get to the trampoline, you'll have a blast!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

We just spend a week there, the staff, hot tubs and pool were great, but if you want to loose weight stay here, no matter what you order you will push your plate away, they are out ot of many things on the menu, if not what they have is so tough you will not be able to cut it let alone eat it, they are really hurting and it shows. this once was a top notch resort and they have oversold and overbuilt so much that i don't believe they will make it much longer, go there not to eat or drink but to swim and meet some really great people

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

There were ten of us: my wife and I with her close extended family. It was a trip of celebration. And that's exactly what we made of it. Above all, the strength and most memorable part of the resort is the staff. Very well trained, all exceptionally friendly, I felt completely taken care of and honored. They treated us so well with happy smiles. My deepest compliments to the staff of Aventura Spa Palace. We had a hot sun and a fair breeze, ideal weather and more than any of our hopes. There were a couple of our group who look for things going wrong and only see it that way. But even the sourpusses had little to say. The food was good, and everything was clean. There was one thing that surprised me though, both in a good and bad way. I expected the cocktails to taste strong. At least that's how I imagined it to be like before I got there. It turned out - they made the drinks weak. On one hand I was grateful for that simply because I could drink more and not lose my head. On the other hand, if a drink requires the flavor of the booze, then the drinks lacked. It was an easy fix though - if i wanted a strong drink I simply ordered a shot on the side and poured it in myself. Asking for a strong drink did not always produce "a strong drink" - but sometimes. So I was also glad to have that option. Either way I drank a vast number of palomas and felt a buzz one only the days I ordered supplementary alcohol. Although there are oodles of things I could say about the place on many subjects, I only say I had a happy vacation and would boastfully recommend the Aventura Spa Palace.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
#8 of 201 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 stars 11,348 reviews
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 16 in Puerto Aventuras
4.0 of 5 stars 2,944 reviews

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!