Overall, our trip was very good. The weather was perfect, the staff was extremely friendly (especially Luis our waiter by the pool. Jesus was very helpful also). Typically, visitors without children preferred Heaven side (adult only). We were on Hacienda (no children with us), furthest building away and loved the location of our room. Also liked the pool on Hacienda best. Hard Rock made a lot of changes to the resort since the last time we were there, we liked everything they did. The food was very good.
Our second day, I was in the shower rinsing my hair and my feet came out from under me and I fell, hard. I hit the left side of my head/ear/throat and landed on the ground banging up my knees and cut open my chin. Didn't realize it was more than just a couple cuts until I woke up at 3:00 a.m. nauseous and began vomiting, I realized I probably had a concussion. My throat must have swelled because it was hard to swallow. I slept on and off until about noon. I then realized that my diamond was gone from my earring. The prong bent backwards and that was likely what lacerated my ear, completely tore the lobe about 1/4". I decided I better report the fall. They asked if I was ok, but was quickly asked if I saw the shower mat. I did, I have used a mat before (don't recall ever seeing a mat before - have other people fallen?), but did after that. Then, I was asked why I didn't report it the night before, and told several times that I really should have reported it when it happened. I tried to explain I didn't realize it was that bad until the middle of the night when I started getting sick, noticed bruising, etc. They suggested I go to the hospital, I possibly needed stitches in my ear. I would have had to pay for it, they offered nothing but first-aid. I opted not to treat at a hospital. I had a lifeguard clean up the cuts, he put some anti-inflammatory cream behind my ear and on my throat which helped.
They didn't offer anything, they didn't follow up with me once after the fall. The night before we left, we went to the front desk because we had credits left over that we couldn't use in the store. We were told we could use them in one store, went there they sent us to another store and the only thing we could have used them on was cigars. We spoke with Victor, told him about the fall and how disappointed I was that they never followed up to see how I was doing or anything. Told him about the credits, he said he would email the people "that make decisions" right now. He told us to stop down in the morning, and they would do "something" for us. Next morning, we found out that he never sent an email to anyone. This time, the people at the desk were almost rude to me. Not the way I wanted to end our trip. We talked to several people that experienced slip and falls out by the pool, it's very slippery when you get out of the pool. We saw several children and adults fall. We saw a man in the lobby with a bloody knee. One person we were talking to said a person with them fell and fractured his ribs, spent a few days in the hospital and they were calling him left and right offering him all sorts of things. I couldn't even get a follow up phone call.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Amex, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico