“Great trip, EXCEPT for falling in the slippery shower” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
“Great trip, EXCEPT for falling in the slippery shower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Overall, our trip was very good. The weather was perfect, the staff was extremely friendly (especially Luis our waiter by the pool. Jesus was very helpful also). Typically, visitors without children preferred Heaven side (adult only). We were on Hacienda (no children with us), furthest building away and loved the location of our room. Also liked the pool on Hacienda best. Hard Rock made a lot of changes to the resort since the last time we were there, we liked everything they did. The food was very good.
Our second day, I was in the shower rinsing my hair and my feet came out from under me and I fell, hard. I hit the left side of my head/ear/throat and landed on the ground banging up my knees and cut open my chin. Didn't realize it was more than just a couple cuts until I woke up at 3:00 a.m. nauseous and began vomiting, I realized I probably had a concussion. My throat must have swelled because it was hard to swallow. I slept on and off until about noon. I then realized that my diamond was gone from my earring. The prong bent backwards and that was likely what lacerated my ear, completely tore the lobe about 1/4". I decided I better report the fall. They asked if I was ok, but was quickly asked if I saw the shower mat. I did, I have used a mat before (don't recall ever seeing a mat before - have other people fallen?), but did after that. Then, I was asked why I didn't report it the night before, and told several times that I really should have reported it when it happened. I tried to explain I didn't realize it was that bad until the middle of the night when I started getting sick, noticed bruising, etc. They suggested I go to the hospital, I possibly needed stitches in my ear. I would have had to pay for it, they offered nothing but first-aid. I opted not to treat at a hospital. I had a lifeguard clean up the cuts, he put some anti-inflammatory cream behind my ear and on my throat which helped.
They didn't offer anything, they didn't follow up with me once after the fall. The night before we left, we went to the front desk because we had credits left over that we couldn't use in the store. We were told we could use them in one store, went there they sent us to another store and the only thing we could have used them on was cigars. We spoke with Victor, told him about the fall and how disappointed I was that they never followed up to see how I was doing or anything. Told him about the credits, he said he would email the people "that make decisions" right now. He told us to stop down in the morning, and they would do "something" for us. Next morning, we found out that he never sent an email to anyone. This time, the people at the desk were almost rude to me. Not the way I wanted to end our trip. We talked to several people that experienced slip and falls out by the pool, it's very slippery when you get out of the pool. We saw several children and adults fall. We saw a man in the lobby with a bloody knee. One person we were talking to said a person with them fell and fractured his ribs, spent a few days in the hospital and they were calling him left and right offering him all sorts of things. I couldn't even get a follow up phone call.

Room Tip: Heaven side is adult only, Hacienda is for families. Heaven's pool is small, and difficult to g...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I came here for a major Birthday milestone.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable , convenient, and quiet in
block 2 . The ameneties in the room were 5 star (tourist) as described ,and fulfilled expectations.
The food was good quality , and we had a blast at the Zen restaurant ( tepenyaki), good company ,
Good food. The Spa was to die for and we heartily recommend spending your resort credits there.
My only complaint was getting enough change for tipping.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I must have caught Hard Rock on a bad week. Spent five nights at this all-inclusive. Of all the 10 all inclusives that I have stayed at this was the least desirable. When we checked in at 3pm the room was not ready. It was ready about 4:30. Others in our party of 20 people did not get into their rooms until 6:30. Kind of frustrating after traveling most of the day. It's a nice place but our room was a little dusty, face towels were unavailable after the first day and our room wasn't cleaned 2 days of the 5. I noticed the vent that delivers the a/c to the room had all of it's vanes closed which I discovered were that way because the thermostat did not shut the a/c off. The room would get very cold so we opened the door to let in the hot outside air. The food was very good even though it was tough to get a second cup of coffee. To get a chair around the pool you had to get up at 6:30 to play the towel game and claim your chair otherwise there were none to be had. There were some highlights as with the waiters in the French restaurant, Jose and Armando, who were a hoot. I hate to give bad reviews but compared to "Secrets Maroma" all-inclusive this place is kind of a waste of your money.

Holland, New York. USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Let me said from the beginning my overall experience was great! Thanks to some very nice employees. Thanks to Faviola Cruz, Natalia Canul and Roberto Lopez at the Frida Mexican Restaurnat. On the Heaven side of the hotel bartender Aldo Pereyda, Carlos Elizarraras at the Zen Express Bar and Martini Bar. Beach order Taker the wonderful Minerva Pech Tamay. The Hotel ground and overall architectures is beautiful, lot of pools and nice ocean pool like beaches.
But housekeeping wasn't the great. They need more people working on that. Some of the restaurant need more waiting persons. Sometime on the buffets they run out of food and took a very long while to replace or didn't replace at all.

Room Tip: Hopefully by the time you travel things had improve. Or just try it, you my have better luck the us...
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Actually we just arrived at the hotel 2 hours ago.
As a member, they should have checked us in in a separate area, but the staff there left at 5:30.So we checked in like any one in a line, no greetings, no arrival drink.
Then our room was not ready. We went to eat and came back, and it is still not ready. At the check in counter, we saw angry guests with their room problem.
Hope that our palace premium membership bought almost 20 years ago and up to now very classy and enjoyable will not be changed by the change of the ownership.
If this should happen, I would appreciate that the premium members contact me. Let's get together and do something to defend our interest.

• Stayed February 2015
cali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just another great vacation at Hard Rock All-Inclusive resort / Palace Resorts. We enjoyed everything that was offered. We got 3rd floor in building 1 which had a rooftop hot tub. Very quiet building, away from all pools, restaurants, wedding areas, and private party areas. Perfect location to relax. Traveled on Feb 14th 2015 to Feb 21st 2015. started at 55% capacity and ended the week almost at 90% capacity. We visited 6 different restaurants (Ipanema, Toro, ZEN, CIAO, Le Petit Chochon, and Los Gallos) then on the 7th night (last dinner) we Restaurant HOPPED 3 places that we overwhelming enjoyed an item on the menu. Started with Los Gallos for Ceviche, then to TORO for the Prime Rib/s steak (bone-in), then to Ipanema for the Rotisserie Cinnamon Sugar Pineapple.

Employee Kudo's to the following who made our vacation even better with their great personality, smiles, service, jokes, and hard work. Anyone going there soon or in future, request for these people in the restaurants, beaches/pools and you will not regret the service you will receive.
Yonantan – Heaven Central Pool Entertainer
Jaiv – Ipanema / Brazilian waiter
Gilberto - Ipanema / Brazilian waiter
Diego Alvarez - Toro waiter
Marvin - Eden beach waiter

Room Tip: Building 1.
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just returned from 5 days at Heaven. We had a wonderful time with a just a few minor complaints.

Things that impressed us:

1. First off, the resort is stunning! The buildings, landscaping, pools etc, are absolutely gorgeous. It's a huge resort, but it was always immaculately kept.
2. The spa is incredible. It's also huge so there's no problem getting appointments. I had the best massage I have ever had (and you can use your resort credits)
3. Great food. There's lots of food options and every meal we had was great. 24 hr room service too!
4. Free wifi and calls to North America very convenient.

Things we weren't crazy about

1. The timeshare push. You are assigned a "concierge" who harasses you to sit through sales pitches to buy into their memberships/timeshare program. We refused, but she was persistent. I didn't appreciate the "urgent" calls to our room first thing in the mornings to try yet again to rope us in.
2. There is no sound buffer in the rooms.You can hear every door opening (and closing, they are heavy doors) every drunk hallway conversation, room service delivery etc. I didn't get any sleep. BRING EARPLUGS
3.The last day our room never got cleaned, and even though we asked at least for some towels to be delivered, they were not, so we weren't able to shower before our early departure
4. I'm not crazy about the tipping situation. I am all for supporting local economy, so I wish that it was just included. For me, part of the enjoyment of an all inclusive is not having to worry about carrying money around, or how much to tip etc.

Having said all that, we had a great time! The staff was very friendly and helpful and we met lots of fun people staying there.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!