“Truly All Inclusive, but would have liked a dancing venue.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Save Saved
You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Truly All Inclusive, but would have liked a dancing venue.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Loved being water-babies the whole time, getting drinks at the poolside palapas, finding out which of the seven eateries was our favorite. What would have made it super (and definitely more romantic) would have been IF DANCING was available at night. (There were lots of organized games during the day in which we had no interest). We went a few years ago.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is our first Cancun trip, and my family enjoyed it very much. The hotel environment is extremely nice. The spa is luxury. The restaurants are ample and lots of choices. The tips are included, so no need to take change to everywhere. Among all the palace, this one had the best price when we booked. We love it. The beach is not accessible, but we enjoyed kayaking and some water sports. All in all, very impressive!
The only problem is the room is quite small given a large spa taken up half of the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

A great weight loss program at the Aventura (Hard Rock) due to Montezuma!

We have belonged to Palace Premier for a number of years. Recently the brothers split the business model. One kept the Palace brand and the other taking on the Hard Rock brand. Unfortunately the Hard Rock just ain’t what it is cracked up to be. First and foremost, both my spouse and I met Mr. Montezuma on day two and three of our seven days of the vacation. The bathroom is not where you want to spend your vacation. Secondly, the Resort Credits, while plentiful (1800 credits) have a 20% cash requirement to use. That is to say that for every 100 points you use – You PAY $20 dollars. An example – Rock Shots cost me $200 for a one hour session which produced TEN pictures! We had to ask to move to another family suite because the one we got booked into had a view of a wall. They stocked the kids room with Beer and left the Liquor cabinet unlocked. They had the room with the kids beds as the room to call for the Master Suite. My kids kept getting my phone calls. Note to Management – if there are kids robes, sand buckets and pails you might want to think about not stocking the fridge with Dos XX! Most of the Family side restaurants were buffet or fixed menu. Due to low occupancy rates the restaurants closed or move based on the managements decision DAILY.
Now this being said we have been to this resort when it was the Aventura Spa Palace several times – the new Hard Rock is no Adventura Spa! It just seemed like the attention to detail is lacking. While I will not return I hope that by the time they have the Grand Opening in a few months (Bon Jovi) that they have worked out the bugs …. and the food.
On the good side – The speed boat, snorkeling package was great/ Tulum was good and the shows remain entertaining but the same – circus, magician, fire show, etc ….. good for the kids. It appears that the resort is actually listening to the members by shortening tour lengths which allows a later departure and earlier returns which is nice. While the chef dinner was nice – it was touted as surf and turf (Steak and Lobster) by both our personal “connoisseur” and our “trip advisors” but turned out to be Chicken and Shrimp with some off the shelf South African Wine that cost about $8-$12 per bottle ….

Suggestions: Fix the food problem immediately or risk being relegated to being just another Mexican All Inclusive where you are afraid of the food and water!
Open up the Heaven Side (18+ / Adults Only) for dinner options for families with kids 12 and older, I like to make reservations and eat in a civilized manner with my kids not slopped up at a buffet line.
Don’t pull the Mexican bait and switch with the Resort Credits (I was there in the good times and bad … remember the 7% tourism during swine flu and drug wars!) so don’t nickel and dime me.
To that end consider treating EVERY guest as a VIP whether they on an Apple Tour, Palace Members or a HR VIP/Elite bracelet. The wrist band color shouldn’t determine the level of care for anyone.
Lastly, soften the hard sell on the “members review” every single day – I simply started to avoid your phone calls.

Average Stay at best.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We are VIP members (which we have paid to be but you do not need a membership as there are better deals to go to Adventura out there)When we read the reviews before we went this past Feb. we were worried but things were okay.the changes are not great, The Heaven side with jacuzzi on the roof top was a work in progress, the door leading out to the roof top made us very uncomfortable . We did not use the roof top and I think the cleaning staff never went up to check to see if the Jacuzzi had been used. We have been members since 2002 and the first few years were wonderful but it had been changing each year and really not for the good. The staff is the reason we return each year.
The reviews saying the family side was quieter very true and there was no struggle to find chairs,which on the Heaven side the last few years you are up very very early just to find a prime
spot with shade

Room Tip: Be patient with the staff, management is working with less staff.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Warwick, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was booked to stay at this resort from 1/7/2014-1/14/2014.

A little background first:
I am a long standing Palace Premiere member who fell in love with the resort chain's quality and service while on a honeymoon in 2005. Since that time, I have vacationed at several of the resorts in Cancun, the Riveria Maya, Nuevo Vallarta and Punta Cana. With that said, my experience at the new Hard Rock Riviera Maya left me seriously contemplating selling my remaining weeks.

After reading several horrific reviews, I contacted the resort manager several weeks prior to my reservation. I was assured the resort was near completion and that I would enjoy the same quality vacation I was familiar with. This could NOT have been further from the truth. I used an imperial week to take a friend of mine, whom had never been to Mexico, on a girl's week vacation. I am not only embarrassed of the resort conditions, but also feel robbed of an all inclusive week.

The first room we were given was situated on the ground floor of Heaven, smelled of paint and mold, had no view. Further, it was also full of dust and inundated by the deafening sound of a tile saw operating over head. I returned to the lobby to complain and was told they had no other rooms ready, but would "work on it." After some time, I was given the choice of two rooms. We passed on the option of a single bed on the adult side, located in a construction zone with uneven floors, unfinished stairs and substantial debris. The room we chose was a double bed on the family side, still on the ground floor, still smelling of mold, with a water leak in the hallway 2 doors down. However, we had now been without a room for 4 hours, after traveling for 10, and simply wanted to put our luggage down.

The menus at dinner had 1/4 of the food options of other resorts (or this one when it was Aventura Palace) and was not prepared well. We returned to the room at 11pm. I then attempted to take a shower only to find out there was no hot water. Breakfast the next morning was ill prepared and ice cold. I complained to the front desk, where I was again told "we are working on it." At my wits end, I returned to my vacation planner Joselin, who was the only bright spot of this resort. I explained that I would return home before spending another night at the hotel and asked to be transferred to any of the sister properties. It took over 3 hours to locate the on-sight Palace representative, who did eventually find us a room at the Hard Rock Cancun. However, at this point, we had already "lost" two days of our vacation and sacrificed the resort experience I had originally booked.
In short, if you have had any previous experience with Palace Resorts, do not go to this resort!!! I estimate it will take a full year to be up and running. Completely disappointment with the property and management.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We are the member of this resort, not by choice, buy by being in the sales meeting for 8 hours, and tired. In the end, the fact that we like sun and people in Mexico helped--we will come back to this part of country any way, so why not. For us, membership is about prepaid for a few trips at the best price possible. Here we are…

Being a member doesn't give you any advantage over non-member, you already paid your due :) Keep in mind, the membership desk staff will help you hoping that you will buy more trips in the future, if you do, very good for you. If you don't, just behave like everybody else, enjoy where you are.

This resort is a very good choice - if you like sun, a lot of food that will feed your family members, and not so picky about beach. The price will be the most affordable for this type of the resort.
The room is very clean, beds are very comfortable. Nothing to worry about.

This resort is not a very good choice - if you like beach, fancy food, and tranquility . You are better of booking their sister resorts like Moon Palace, Beach Palace and The Blanc.

We booked here for our Christmas family week, the price is a big factor during this peak season. Our young and teenager kids were in the pool having a great time everyday. While we read our books and listen to the wave of the ocean…We meet together at dinner, and share their stories of the year…cannot bit that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

rooms had ants , staff was inconsiderate, air didn't work well in rooms, no air in main lobby management doesn't even attempt to satisfy old members. I would stay at one of the Iberostar places. this one is not worth the money. oh Did I say the food had bugs.. it does.

Room Tip: no such thing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!