I was booked to stay at this resort from 1/7/2014-1/14/2014.
A little background first:
I am a long standing Palace Premiere member who fell in love with the resort chain's quality and service while on a honeymoon in 2005. Since that time, I have vacationed at several of the resorts in Cancun, the Riveria Maya, Nuevo Vallarta and Punta Cana. With that said, my experience at the new Hard Rock Riviera Maya left me seriously contemplating selling my remaining weeks.
After reading several horrific reviews, I contacted the resort manager several weeks prior to my reservation. I was assured the resort was near completion and that I would enjoy the same quality vacation I was familiar with. This could NOT have been further from the truth. I used an imperial week to take a friend of mine, whom had never been to Mexico, on a girl's week vacation. I am not only embarrassed of the resort conditions, but also feel robbed of an all inclusive week.
The first room we were given was situated on the ground floor of Heaven, smelled of paint and mold, had no view. Further, it was also full of dust and inundated by the deafening sound of a tile saw operating over head. I returned to the lobby to complain and was told they had no other rooms ready, but would "work on it." After some time, I was given the choice of two rooms. We passed on the option of a single bed on the adult side, located in a construction zone with uneven floors, unfinished stairs and substantial debris. The room we chose was a double bed on the family side, still on the ground floor, still smelling of mold, with a water leak in the hallway 2 doors down. However, we had now been without a room for 4 hours, after traveling for 10, and simply wanted to put our luggage down.
The menus at dinner had 1/4 of the food options of other resorts (or this one when it was Aventura Palace) and was not prepared well. We returned to the room at 11pm. I then attempted to take a shower only to find out there was no hot water. Breakfast the next morning was ill prepared and ice cold. I complained to the front desk, where I was again told "we are working on it." At my wits end, I returned to my vacation planner Joselin, who was the only bright spot of this resort. I explained that I would return home before spending another night at the hotel and asked to be transferred to any of the sister properties. It took over 3 hours to locate the on-sight Palace representative, who did eventually find us a room at the Hard Rock Cancun. However, at this point, we had already "lost" two days of our vacation and sacrificed the resort experience I had originally booked.
In short, if you have had any previous experience with Palace Resorts, do not go to this resort!!! I estimate it will take a full year to be up and running. Completely disappointment with the property and management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Prestigia so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico