“Very disappointed for the price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Offers & Announcements
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE 35% OFF
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersGold level
Levittown, New York
“Very disappointed for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

From the pictures online I thought this resort would be well worth the money ( was pricier than others) I was soooo Wrong! The resort Had either non or very little Ac In all public areas ( Don't let them fool you, I called after reading the same complaints and they assured me there was air conditioning) They failed to mention that was only in the rooms. Restaurants had dress codes and No air!!! My husband was dying! All the hallways were tile so you heard everything going on outside your room echoing, the worst was the cleaning crew bright and early or the room service very late at night wheeling these loud carts down the halls)
Entertainment was lame, same agenda by the pool all 6 days we were there. We laid by the pool listening to Pool aerobics going on taught by the staff.

Food was so so, The only restaurant we really enjoyed was the Japanese one, and went 4 out of 6 nights bc The rest of the food was not good. We actually tasted food at the Buffet and then left it was so bad.

Another complaint was that the resort was under renovation due to Hard rock taking over. There were areas we could not go because of it.
I would NEVER EVER GO BACK, OR RECOMMEND

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank britt2883
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hello britt2883, we appreciate your feedback, cause it help us to know how we are doing in terms of service. We really regret that you were not able to enjoy our flavors; we have 8 different restaurants and chef creations in A la Carte dinners. The AC was working at rooms and ventilation was ok at common areas.

Our entertainment staff provides you many different activities in & outdoors. Anyhow we will go back with our MT to take corrective actions. We invite you to try our new and renovated facilities. I sent you a private msn with my personal info to contact me to provide you with the follow up with the follow up that you deserve.

metro Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I ,must say that this is a nice property. I stayed there for a week a while back. I forgot to post, so I will post now. The pools are great here, and they have an awesome lagoon (that's what I call it) where you can swim without a strong current. It's kinda like a big ocean-fed swimming pool. There's not much of a beach here, in fact, a lot of the ocean frontage is rock. The rooms are pretty nice with a hammock on the patio. Don't fall for the timeshares thing, cuz it's a waste of money, if you ask me. The spa is pretty good; I did enjoy the massage that I received a credit for. Finally, this is an all-inclusive resort, and I loooved all the different restaurants. It does have a relaxing atmosphere, and I liked it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RCC2203
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi RCC2203, we appreciate your kind review.

We are delighted to hear such as a fantastic experience, where you took advantage from our all-inclusive plan, everybody love it!

With the RC you can do great things as spa & beauty salon treatments, is good to know that you did it.

The lagoon is perfect for nature lovers; you can experience kayaking, snorkeling and relax, all at the same time.

Of course we add the Caribbean hint, hammocks at rooms!, who else can pamper you as we did?

In the other hand we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding the time share team, please be informed that we will go back to let them know your opinion.

We hope you give us a chance to host you with another excellent vacation.

canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This resort needs a major overhaul starting at the front desk! Staff need training in public relations, general courtesy and front desk customer service - ignoring what was reserved and confirmed by the hotel telling me our three rooms are not available and that it was our travel agents' fault at 12:30 in the morning after spending all day get to the resort was the last thing we needed to hear. This never did get resolved during our 10 day stay. This was just the beginning of a terrible family Christmas vacation and it went down hill from there.
Food was mediocre at best and the ala carte restaurants were certainly a big disappointment at what they class as a 4.5 star resort; breakfast was the best meal of the day. Wines were very over priced @ $90 for a white Pinot that costs $15 at best at home. I was also surprised at the way alas carte restaurant reservations we handled - you had to line up about 6 pm to see if you could get in for say the 6:30 sitting; also on a number of occasions the restaurants were closed due to staff shortages.
The resort was over-crowded and was very evident by the shortage of towels, loungers and wait staff resulting in us going to some great beach clubs having to pay for taxi, food and drinks - it was well worth it extra cost. Management did not respond to the problems we mentioned. We felt sorry for some families that had to sit on the pool edge due to the lask of amenities.
The resort credit is a real joke and trying to make use of it at the spa, extra activities, etc. resulted in a lot of frustrated guests - when u did book say a massage, you had to pay some sort of a tax which was not covered. They only had two staff members to handle the large crowds trying use there credit. I believe we spent $200. Of our $1500. credit.
Needless to say, I would not recommend this resort and certainly not the price we paid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank canuckcowboy
Hello canuckcowboy, we appreciate your feedback, cause it helps us to know how we are doing in terms of service.

I want to inform you that we are in a transition process to become another brand and that all the internal process are changing, as well as the amenities and most of the services, reason why I invite you to give us a chance to host you again to show you our improvements.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay, last year, but as I mentioned you before most of those circumstances have been changed; our atmosphere is completely different, something cool that you have to try.

It is noteworthy to mention that all the staff members are training to follow high standards concerning service. Regarding food options, we have been providing more than 8 restaurants, with a la carte dinners, buffet and room service; we regret to hear that you did not enjoy those options.

I sent you my personal information to provide you with the follow up that you deserve, please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had never stayed at an all-inclusive until our trip to Cancun. I was a little reluctant at first but was pleasantly surprised by not only the property but the quality of the food. It truly was awesome. Every single member of the staff were also tremendous. Not one was rude or unfriendly. The location was perfect for us as we wanted to visit Tulum and the Xplor Amusement Park. My only negative would be that you can't actually swim in the ocean from the property. There is a lagoon for snorkeling and kayaking but if you want to be on an actual sandy beach and swim out in the ocean, this is probably not the property for you. Other than that, it was very nice. Oh, and the bed was AWESOME!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dawneegirl
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hello Dawneegirl we appreciate your kind review.

We are glad to hear that your first all-inclusive experience was amazing and that you gave us a wonderful review.

We have been characterized with the best staff ever, and that where we focus on, we definitely will go back to let them know that they are doing well.

As you may already know we are in a rebranding process and great changes will come, rest assured that we will take in consideration your comments from the cove.

We hope to see you soon to host you with another incredible vacation.

Regards!
Cruz Bay, St. John
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine had a time share here with "spa points" so we thought it would be a great 5 day getaway. From the moment we arrived we had a trip that I have only read about but never was privileged to endure the BaD hotel. We had a late flight and the front desk told us that our room wasn't ready and they were unable to locate our reservation.
It's 10pm-don't give me that nonsense. When we arrived in our room it was musty and clearly part of the hotel that was not being used on a regular basis. The next Morning when I complained that the room was unacceptable we were given an over-the-top runaround. Spent the late morning attempting to book spa appointments to no avail. And the food at breakfast and lunch made my stomach turn. It was all downhill, I can't even explain how disappointed I was in the constant lack of service. By day 3 I was online looking to book at the W or Live Aqua in Cancun.
I was greeted that evening by a manager, Carlos who listened to our concerns and we were informed that the resort was changing hands.
Bottom line-I packed up and headed to cancun where I had a lovely remaining 3 days. My friends stayed and tolerated the sub par accommodations. As far as the spa treatments went: I did try a few before I left and I found myself wondering if these people were even licensed technicians. The beach is man-made and poorly kept. The pools are in need of major maintenance. Sad-as I'm sure this resort was once a gem.
BUT the man who makes the smoothies by the gym and the spa pool is pure genius. And that was the highlight of my trip.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank princessbadissa
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello princessbadissa, first of all accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

We also appreciate your feedback, cause it helps us to improve our service.

I am terribly sorry to hear that your check in was not ready at your arrival, but you have to understand that you should inform us if you will have a late arrival in order to prepare the necessary arrangements.

For internal policies reasons we cancel reservations that don´t check in and that don´t advise us in advance.

We rarely receive comments about our restaurant, due to we have a variety of flavors since buffet to A la Carte & room service, however, rest assured that we will share your comments with our F&B staff to avoid similar situations it occurs in the future.

It is noteworthy to mention that we did not did not find records about your complaints, we always recommend our guests to report these matters to our attention during your stay to take immediate actions.

I sent you a message with my personal information to contact you to start the follow up of your comments.

I hope hear from you soon.

Pequannock, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This resort came highly recommended, and I made a reservation for a 6-day stay. Although the reservation process was easy and the reservation was made and confirmation received. I had a change in plans, and the resort had no vacancy for my new date, so I had to cancel the reservation. Although I cancelled within the time frame allotted AND received a confirmation e-mail, the hotel/resort is still (now three months later) refusing to issue a credit to my credit card. It is impossible to obtain communications and I have spent money on international calls and time in trying to get my refund.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Claudia V
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi Claudia V, first of all accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

I want to inform you that we have been in touch with the financial department to verify the status of your refund.

I am going to help you with the process, reason why I sent you a private message with my personal information, please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

But please understand that financial process can takes a few days, however rest assured that we will work in the follow up of this case.

I remain at your service.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon, ahem "luna de miel", at Aventura and we could not be happier with our choice. The property is beautiful and well kept, the staff was wonderful, and we definitely plan to return. The all-inclusive package + the adults only option = maximum relaxation. But there's plenty to do nearby, as well. So if you're in the mood for ziplining, kayaking, seedboating, snorkeling, swimming in cenotes or playing a game of water polo at the resort, you can always find something to do. Our package came with a $1,500 resort credit that we used on spa treatments, excursions to Mayan ruins and gifts from the stores in the resort lobby. You cannot go wrong with Aventura. It's affordable, the property is very nice and well-kept, and the staff is excellent (especially the bartenders). Not to mention, the resort has been bought by Hard Rock. Let's just say the future of Aventura is very bright. We can't wait to return soon to see what it looks like as a Hard Rock Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sultan_Of_Scott
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hello Sultan_Of_Scott, we are very happy to hear that your honeymoon experience was awesome!

We appreciate that you are taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our readers. We try our best to host our guests with unforgettable experiences and we work very hard to turn your moments into wonderful memories.

This time that you are satisfied with your honeymoon trip we feel that we did right.

We would like to thank you for highlight the service from our staff members.

I am sure that you want to come back to try our renovated facilities, we hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 204 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 stars 2,122 reviews

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!