“Wonderful Time and Amazing Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aventura Spa Palace

Save Saved
You added Aventura Spa Palace to your Saves list
Aventura Spa Palace
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Corona, California
“Wonderful Time and Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had never stayed at an all-inclusive until our trip to Cancun. I was a little reluctant at first but was pleasantly surprised by not only the property but the quality of the food. It truly was awesome. Every single member of the staff were also tremendous. Not one was rude or unfriendly. The location was perfect for us as we wanted to visit Tulum and the Xplor Amusement Park. My only negative would be that you can't actually swim in the ocean from the property. There is a lagoon for snorkeling and kayaking but if you want to be on an actual sandy beach and swim out in the ocean, this is probably not the property for you. Other than that, it was very nice. Oh, and the bed was AWESOME!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hello Dawneegirl we appreciate your kind review.

We are glad to hear that your first all-inclusive experience was amazing and that you gave us a wonderful review.

We have been characterized with the best staff ever, and that where we focus on, we definitely will go back to let them know that they are doing well.

As you may already know we are in a rebranding process and great changes will come, rest assured that we will take in consideration your comments from the cove.

We hope to see you soon to host you with another incredible vacation.

Regards!

3,736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Cruz Bay, St. John
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine had a time share here with "spa points" so we thought it would be a great 5 day getaway. From the moment we arrived we had a trip that I have only read about but never was privileged to endure the BaD hotel. We had a late flight and the front desk told us that our room wasn't ready and they were unable to locate our reservation.
It's 10pm-don't give me that nonsense. When we arrived in our room it was musty and clearly part of the hotel that was not being used on a regular basis. The next Morning when I complained that the room was unacceptable we were given an over-the-top runaround. Spent the late morning attempting to book spa appointments to no avail. And the food at breakfast and lunch made my stomach turn. It was all downhill, I can't even explain how disappointed I was in the constant lack of service. By day 3 I was online looking to book at the W or Live Aqua in Cancun.
I was greeted that evening by a manager, Carlos who listened to our concerns and we were informed that the resort was changing hands.
Bottom line-I packed up and headed to cancun where I had a lovely remaining 3 days. My friends stayed and tolerated the sub par accommodations. As far as the spa treatments went: I did try a few before I left and I found myself wondering if these people were even licensed technicians. The beach is man-made and poorly kept. The pools are in need of major maintenance. Sad-as I'm sure this resort was once a gem.
BUT the man who makes the smoothies by the gym and the spa pool is pure genius. And that was the highlight of my trip.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello princessbadissa, first of all accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

We also appreciate your feedback, cause it helps us to improve our service.

I am terribly sorry to hear that your check in was not ready at your arrival, but you have to understand that you should inform us if you will have a late arrival in order to prepare the necessary arrangements.

For internal policies reasons we cancel reservations that don´t check in and that don´t advise us in advance.

We rarely receive comments about our restaurant, due to we have a variety of flavors since buffet to A la Carte & room service, however, rest assured that we will share your comments with our F&B staff to avoid similar situations it occurs in the future.

It is noteworthy to mention that we did not did not find records about your complaints, we always recommend our guests to report these matters to our attention during your stay to take immediate actions.

I sent you a message with my personal information to contact you to start the follow up of your comments.

I hope hear from you soon.

Pequannock, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This resort came highly recommended, and I made a reservation for a 6-day stay. Although the reservation process was easy and the reservation was made and confirmation received. I had a change in plans, and the resort had no vacancy for my new date, so I had to cancel the reservation. Although I cancelled within the time frame allotted AND received a confirmation e-mail, the hotel/resort is still (now three months later) refusing to issue a credit to my credit card. It is impossible to obtain communications and I have spent money on international calls and time in trying to get my refund.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi Claudia V, first of all accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

I want to inform you that we have been in touch with the financial department to verify the status of your refund.

I am going to help you with the process, reason why I sent you a private message with my personal information, please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

But please understand that financial process can takes a few days, however rest assured that we will work in the follow up of this case.

I remain at your service.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon, ahem "luna de miel", at Aventura and we could not be happier with our choice. The property is beautiful and well kept, the staff was wonderful, and we definitely plan to return. The all-inclusive package + the adults only option = maximum relaxation. But there's plenty to do nearby, as well. So if you're in the mood for ziplining, kayaking, seedboating, snorkeling, swimming in cenotes or playing a game of water polo at the resort, you can always find something to do. Our package came with a $1,500 resort credit that we used on spa treatments, excursions to Mayan ruins and gifts from the stores in the resort lobby. You cannot go wrong with Aventura. It's affordable, the property is very nice and well-kept, and the staff is excellent (especially the bartenders). Not to mention, the resort has been bought by Hard Rock. Let's just say the future of Aventura is very bright. We can't wait to return soon to see what it looks like as a Hard Rock Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hello Sultan_Of_Scott, we are very happy to hear that your honeymoon experience was awesome!

We appreciate that you are taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our readers. We try our best to host our guests with unforgettable experiences and we work very hard to turn your moments into wonderful memories.

This time that you are satisfied with your honeymoon trip we feel that we did right.

We would like to thank you for highlight the service from our staff members.

I am sure that you want to come back to try our renovated facilities, we hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took my wife here for a special week away from work. With over 70 Massage rooms we received a massage every day and tried different massages. As an All-Inclusive the meals and service was excellent. Even many of the excursions were included. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Cookieman25m, thanks for your short review. You sounds very happy, we are glad to hear that you received the relaxing time that you were looking for and that your wife has enjoyed the spa services, everybody loves them!

The all inclusive plan is a good deal if you just want to take a breath and don´t worry for anything!

I am sure that you will come back, and we will host you with our renovated facilities and the excellent service that characterized us.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my first trip to Adventura Spa. I would definitly recommend this place to others. We were 6 women on vacation and had the most relaxing 7 days. The biggest problem was trying to keep track of our spa appointments! Thank goodness for our butlers - Alejendro, Jesus & Carlos - they were always there to arrange everything. The entertainment staff, especially Daniel, made the evenings fun. One night we had dinner in the suite and our waiters, Julio Cesar Dionisio and Valdemar Bon Jovi, made that dinner very enjoyable.

One restaurant that stands out is Mundaca, their staff and servers, especially Jorge Mogel, Afonso Pech, Manuel Hernandez , Educiges Balan & Yair Malpica made that dinner very entertaining, plus the view from a table on the outside terrace was just beautiful.

Our room was very nice and always kept clean and neat. Room service was prompt and always helpful. I understand that things were under construction at that time, so I would think that explains the problems with the air-conditioners in the rooms, lobby, and some restaurants. Hopefully when all the renovations are completed, this will not be a problem.

The spa was very relaxing and everyone who worked there were friendly and helpful.
Having those spa treatments was one of the highlights of the day!!

Some of us prefered to stay poolside during the day. The service and servers by the pool were excellent. One person that stands out is William, one of the servers at the Swim Bar/Burger snack.

Definitly going back next summer! Can't wait to see all the newly renovated rooms, etc....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi LMB_SI, thank for your review we really appreciate it. It´s good to hear that your girl´s trip was incredible and that you enjoyed from our services and facilities, we are very proud to know that you have highlighted the service of many staff members, we definitely will let them know.

You were lucky to go to our spa, everybody loves their treatments.

Mundaca is delicious, dinners are great!

Once again we appreciate your kind comments and we hope to see you soon to host you with our renovated facilities, I am sure that you´ll spend another plenty vacation.

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My second time there. The service was outstanding from the time I got there until the time I left. Now that it is changing to Hard Rock can't wait to see the upgrades. The food at the Italian restaurant was delicious. The hydrotherapy facilty was excellent. The drinks all I can say you can't go thirsty. The entertainment was very good all week.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hi vvbill, thank you very much for your kind comments, we enjoy reading about your experience.

It is so rewarding to know that many of our guests are repeated. We are proud to hear that your overall stay was as you expected and that you took advantage from our services and facilities.

We look forward to having you back again and again.

Regards,

Been to Aventura Spa Palace? Share your experiences!