“Be careful when making a reservation and having to cancel within the time allotted.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Pequannock, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This resort came highly recommended, and I made a reservation for a 6-day stay. Although the reservation process was easy and the reservation was made and confirmation received. I had a change in plans, and the resort had no vacancy for my new date, so I had to cancel the reservation. Although I cancelled within the time frame allotted AND received a confirmation e-mail, the hotel/resort is still (now three months later) refusing to issue a credit to my credit card. It is impossible to obtain communications and I have spent money on international calls and time in trying to get my refund.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi Claudia V, first of all accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

I want to inform you that we have been in touch with the financial department to verify the status of your refund.

I am going to help you with the process, reason why I sent you a private message with my personal information, please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

But please understand that financial process can takes a few days, however rest assured that we will work in the follow up of this case.

I remain at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon, ahem "luna de miel", at Aventura and we could not be happier with our choice. The property is beautiful and well kept, the staff was wonderful, and we definitely plan to return. The all-inclusive package + the adults only option = maximum relaxation. But there's plenty to do nearby, as well. So if you're in the mood for ziplining, kayaking, seedboating, snorkeling, swimming in cenotes or playing a game of water polo at the resort, you can always find something to do. Our package came with a $1,500 resort credit that we used on spa treatments, excursions to Mayan ruins and gifts from the stores in the resort lobby. You cannot go wrong with Aventura. It's affordable, the property is very nice and well-kept, and the staff is excellent (especially the bartenders). Not to mention, the resort has been bought by Hard Rock. Let's just say the future of Aventura is very bright. We can't wait to return soon to see what it looks like as a Hard Rock Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hello Sultan_Of_Scott, we are very happy to hear that your honeymoon experience was awesome!

We appreciate that you are taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our readers. We try our best to host our guests with unforgettable experiences and we work very hard to turn your moments into wonderful memories.

This time that you are satisfied with your honeymoon trip we feel that we did right.

We would like to thank you for highlight the service from our staff members.

I am sure that you want to come back to try our renovated facilities, we hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took my wife here for a special week away from work. With over 70 Massage rooms we received a massage every day and tried different massages. As an All-Inclusive the meals and service was excellent. Even many of the excursions were included. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Cookieman25m, thanks for your short review. You sounds very happy, we are glad to hear that you received the relaxing time that you were looking for and that your wife has enjoyed the spa services, everybody loves them!

The all inclusive plan is a good deal if you just want to take a breath and don´t worry for anything!

I am sure that you will come back, and we will host you with our renovated facilities and the excellent service that characterized us.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my first trip to Adventura Spa. I would definitly recommend this place to others. We were 6 women on vacation and had the most relaxing 7 days. The biggest problem was trying to keep track of our spa appointments! Thank goodness for our butlers - Alejendro, Jesus & Carlos - they were always there to arrange everything. The entertainment staff, especially Daniel, made the evenings fun. One night we had dinner in the suite and our waiters, Julio Cesar Dionisio and Valdemar Bon Jovi, made that dinner very enjoyable.

One restaurant that stands out is Mundaca, their staff and servers, especially Jorge Mogel, Afonso Pech, Manuel Hernandez , Educiges Balan & Yair Malpica made that dinner very entertaining, plus the view from a table on the outside terrace was just beautiful.

Our room was very nice and always kept clean and neat. Room service was prompt and always helpful. I understand that things were under construction at that time, so I would think that explains the problems with the air-conditioners in the rooms, lobby, and some restaurants. Hopefully when all the renovations are completed, this will not be a problem.

The spa was very relaxing and everyone who worked there were friendly and helpful.
Having those spa treatments was one of the highlights of the day!!

Some of us prefered to stay poolside during the day. The service and servers by the pool were excellent. One person that stands out is William, one of the servers at the Swim Bar/Burger snack.

Definitly going back next summer! Can't wait to see all the newly renovated rooms, etc....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi LMB_SI, thank for your review we really appreciate it. It´s good to hear that your girl´s trip was incredible and that you enjoyed from our services and facilities, we are very proud to know that you have highlighted the service of many staff members, we definitely will let them know.

You were lucky to go to our spa, everybody loves their treatments.

Mundaca is delicious, dinners are great!

Once again we appreciate your kind comments and we hope to see you soon to host you with our renovated facilities, I am sure that you´ll spend another plenty vacation.

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My second time there. The service was outstanding from the time I got there until the time I left. Now that it is changing to Hard Rock can't wait to see the upgrades. The food at the Italian restaurant was delicious. The hydrotherapy facilty was excellent. The drinks all I can say you can't go thirsty. The entertainment was very good all week.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hi vvbill, thank you very much for your kind comments, we enjoy reading about your experience.

It is so rewarding to know that many of our guests are repeated. We are proud to hear that your overall stay was as you expected and that you took advantage from our services and facilities.

We look forward to having you back again and again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Was with our travel group go 1,000 plus. Loved the mango margaritas!! Our room never seemed to get cool. Service was superior, spa was a dream, pools are beautiful and food was the bomb!!

Room Tip: Check on the AC
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Candi M, we are delighted hearing your experience with us.

We are happy to know that you took advantage from the Margaritas, I personally love them!

Our service has been a key in our organization and this time you were lucky enjoying it.

We are a huge resort with nice facilities, where you will find many things to do as spa, pool, gym, etc.

Once again thank you so much for your review. We hope you give us the chance to host you again with another good experience.

Halifax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Im writing this review late as we were here in December of last year. I wasn't wowed by this resort! The only thing that would make me want to go back is the staff...they are so amazing!! Everything is "its my pleasure"..Cant say enough good things about all of them. The drinks were great, the food good! I just wasn't wowed by the hotel itself. I'm a beach girl and the man made lagoon just didn't do it for me. This was my third visit to Mexico, Mayan Riviera and previous to staying here I preferred the same resort twice, so staying here opened my eyes to wanting to check out other resorts and what i prefer in a resort. the theatre definitely need some TLC or just build a separate building all together. this was the first time I had gotten roped into one of those time share things as well....I won't let that happen again! 3 hrs later your still trying to get away! All in all if someone payed for our trip to go we wouldn't turn it down, even though it has the hard rock name now and the hard rock price it still doesn't have a beach. looking out at that dark blue water everyday was just depressing for me. We had to go into playa just to see some beautiful caribbean blue water!
One more thing, I have to say the entertainment staff here are FANTASTIC!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be closer to the cove side! We ended up switching our rooms because we didn't get the kin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi yolandag, we appreciate your feedback, cause it help us to improve our services.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

With all due respect, as you may already know we are in a transition process and several changes are taking place, our improvements will be in all the areas.

I invite you to come back this winter to take a look into our renovations will be a pleasure host you after our rebranding.

Regards,

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!