“Can't wait to return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aventura Spa Palace

Save Saved
You added Aventura Spa Palace to your Saves list
Aventura Spa Palace
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Milwaukee, WI
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2004

We visited ASP in Dec 03 and can't wait to return. We were married there and had a group of 17 people total with us. The wedding at the resort was beautiful, as were the pictures and video. We loved the different restaurant choices. Thought the vegetarian and mexican were the best, this is odd cause we waited till the last night on the vegetarian, expecting not to like it. The worst was the chinese for dinner, other meals here were good. The band playing in the Aventura side lobby was a lot of fun, we hung out here every night. We stayed on the Spa side and walked over to the Aventura side for the pools and entertainment. We liked this as the Spa side rooms were very nice, the walk was easy and pretty, and the Spa side was a bit quieter. We are 27 and 29 and I had originally wanted the Aventura side room, but now would pick the Spa side again. Spa services were very good. Staff was helpful and friendly. Each person on our trip stated the resort was an excellent choice and they were very impressed. If anyone is worried about the lack of a "real" beach at ASP they should know that the lagoon area is rocky and more natural but very beautiful. The ASP pools are spectacular. I would not forego this resort for lack of a beach, I would stay at ASP and take the short $5 cab ride to the sister resort Xpu-Ha and spend time on their beautiful real beach. Xpu-Ha was gorgeous, although very spread out and with a definite jungle atmosphere. We visited twice we liked it so much, but I was glad I picked ASP to stay at. It is very luxurious and clean. We also all noted that the other vacationers at ASP were very friendly and fun.
There were people of all ages and maybe we were lucky but we did not come across any annoying, grumpy, or rude people! It seemed like everyone there enjoyed the fun relaxing atmosphere. I almost forgot one of the best things. No children. We liked this idea when we chose ASP and liked it even more once we were there. I don't mean to offend anyone and I love kids, but vacationing with a group of adults at a resort with all adults was a pleasure. We definitely noticed the difference. No screaming, yelling, running around during a nice fancy dinner. No splashing, messing around at the pool. If you are travelling without children I would definitely suggest trying an adult only resort. We will do it again.

3,736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2004

Let me start by giving you some background information about my husband and myself. We are 26 & 28 we travel about 3-4 times a year we prefer all inclusive when available, we like to both relax and party while on vacation. With that said we went to Asp for 10days from March 28th-April 6th for our honeymoon. This place is amazing. We arrived at about 2:30pm our room was ready we stayed in room 3542 on the northside. the view is beautiful from the room. the jacuzzi was perfect. there is a in room liqour dispenser a stocked minibar. there is a safe in the room just bring the key with you. room service is from 11am-6am. There are 6 restaurants. but we loved El Greco. Mo Mo no hana serves oriental food which was quite good but we only made it there once. Huentas serves sort of mexican food which was good. there is a vegetarian rest but we didn't eat there. ventanas was not good, it was supposed to be italian but there was only two types of pasta it was noodles and spinach linguine. there are free shuttles to to the other palace resorts. We went to Cancun palace which is more of a party hotel. we ate lunch there and did the jetskis. the shuttle picks u up at 9am from asp and 6pm from beach palace. there is no beach access there is only a lagoon, however there is a beach about 5minutes up the road at Xpa-ha palace which is also a sister hotel. it cost $6.50 by cab and that hotel has an ecological park. I recommend that you bring singles and tip the waitress\waiters. Our favorite waitress was Rosario we tipped her 20 pesos the first day along the pool side for our 1st round of drinks and she never 4got our names the entire time we we're there. our favorite rest waiter was Obed he works in El Greco and he'll do this really cool Mayan coffee with fire and everything for you. Also whenever you go to the restaurants ask them what kind of specials they have one day at el greco they had lobster tails but it wasn't on the menu, so just ask. there were ants in the room but it wasn't excessive there are cats also but again they weren't excessive either. during the day on the south side or the aventura side as they may call it they have a grill all the way down by southernmost part of the pool. they have steaks, ribs, shrimp, hamburgers the change the menu daily so just walk over there. there is kayaking on the lagoon. If you want to go topless most people do it around the lagoon since it's a more secluded area. Get a massage you get a $15 credit towards a massage as part of your welcome kit. Also get a rent-a-car you get a $50 credit towards that. We got a rent a car and we went to playa del carmen which was about 15mins away we did some shopping there and then we went to cozumel by ferry for $18rt but the ferry was a rough ride. Cozumel has alot of jewelry but there really isn't anything to do there. In general the place is beautiful. there is a club on the south side, there is a coach bus that takes you from lobby to lobby bc the place is just that big. there is a convention center where you can check your email for $5 for 15mins. there is bike riding, rollerblading, tennis courts, gym. oh there is also a free spa that you can use on the north side. it's on the 2nd floor above mo mo no hana but it's single sexed. it has a sauna, reflexogily, 3hot tubs w/dif temps cold showers and a steam room. then directly underneath there is an indoor pool with 3 more jacuzzi a bar along the side of the pool. Our favorite drinks from the bar were a bikini and a melon sour. you can also order bottles of wine to be sent to your room b4 11pm every day. Happy Travels.

Midland Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2004

We recently visited ASP for the third consecutive year, and after reading so many negative reviews we were slightly concerned as in our past visits, we had never experienced any of the complaints we had read at this site. We visited from 3/28 - 4/2. We had no problems at check in, our room was ready when we arrived at 2:00. Our reservation had requested ocean view, and was as we expected. We were concered after we checked in to learn that HP was having their "Winners Summit" that would arrive the next day bringing the hotels largest booking of 800 rooms. However, we never had any problems with crowds. I was prepared to get up early and reserve a chair by the pool, but it was never necessary. We ate at every resaurant and really enjoyed Mo Mo No Hana and La Huerta. Our steak at La Hacienda was great. We ate breakfast at El Greco and Mundaca. The egg white omelettes were great. The entertainment team was so fun. Livier, Rueben, Ivan, Loles, Franklin, Fernando, Jose, Vanessa & Monica made our stay soooooo much fun. We played water volleyball and even participated in the the water aerobics. We met new friends from London Ontario...(Hi to them if they read this!) Being our third year the only decline we noticed was in the fitness room. The weights were slightly worn, and one machine was broken. We also made a quick bike ride to Puerto Aventura, we enjoyed the shopping and watching the people swim with the dolphins. All in all our vacation was great, just as we thought it would be, and I highly recommend ASP to anyone. Dance in the disco upstairs, or enjoy the outdoor patio band in the South Lobby-- Have fun, it's your vacation! P.S. If seeing one or two stray cats bothers you, there are many highly trained psychiatrists waiting for your call!!!!

• Stayed March 2004
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2004

Just returned from 7-nights at the Adventura Spa Palace Resot attending a corporate sponsored event. THIS RESORT IS INCREDBILE! After having read literally hundreds of the reviews on this web site, both good and bad, I promised myself to pen a response to address reviews reflecting negative ratings. Arrival - checkin went flawlessly and was quick although we were not able to get an ocean view room (our room was 1569) which was ground floor without any view of the ocean. We did have a garden view (near the fitness obstacle course) and our building was literally between the North and South lobbies and nearby the convention center. All and all, we were very happy because of the central location. While the rooms are not enormous, the in-room two-person spa and tiled shower are wonderful. Yes, the mattresses are firm, however, a quick call to housekeeping brought us an egg crate mattress topper.
They were also quick to bring the extra clothes hangers I requested.
While we didn't make heavy-duty use of the liquor cabinet on the wall or the beverages in the fridge (having had just plenty to drink every day down by the pool) someone did stop by every other day to replenish and its a nice touch I haven't found at other resorts. Ditto for the in-room coffee maker. Maid service was wonderful, loved the towel designs she left us each day and the room was spotless. Because we were at a corporate event, only had 2 opportunities to try restuarants at dinner. First night went to the Italian restuarant buffet, I'd rate the food as above average. Our last night we went to Mundoca's by the Adventura pool (we also ate almost all breakfasts there ). I would say my meal (grouper grilled cajun style) was as great as I've had anywhere. Ditto for my husband's choice of salmon. Loved their breakfast buffet -- the selection changes day-to-day and the made-to-order omlet station. We used the Adventura pool, and yes made a point of staking out our location by 7:00 am each morning - we're early risers so no big deal. Poolside bar service was great -- Donicio, I miss my Banana Monkeys and your smiling face. Yes, some nights I could hear people going to their rooms, but this was not excessive and big deal, you're on vacation, take a siesta! Yes, we saw (did not hear) the infamous cats -- most tend to keep their distance, although one orange tabby that came to visit our patio a couple mornings was very friendly.
The grounds are absolutely magnificant and very well maintained. The staff is incredibly friendly and always willing to help if you have a question. We made a point of taking lots of single dollar bills and tipped everyone and often. They deserve it! I've stayed at many different all-inclusives in different Caribbean locations and this one stands heads-and-shoulders above the rest. Since this was a corporate event, I should comment that all the special evening events for our large group (800 rooms) at the hotel were phenomenal. It goes without saying, I'm counting the days until the next opportunity to go back.

• Stayed March 2004, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2004

We just returned from ASP April 7th....What a blast! There is nothing to complain about. We had the best time! We are around 40 and love to have a good time! Our room was on the 3 floor of the Armonica building room 3073 the view was the best...we were in a few other rooms and they all had great ocean views. Yes the beds are hard, you can hear the cats cry, some of the food wasn't the best etc, etc....but it's an all inclusive if you have enough to drink then none of these little petty things matter!! We enjoyed all the RESTAURANTS....try them all.. each one has something a little different...if you order something and don't like it...just ask for something else.If you can't decide, they'll bring you two entrees to try.They don't get offended at all. SPA.. use the hydortherapy room..just walking in there makes you feel good..remember it's free..you only pay for treatments! Go enjoy the SHOWS they work really hard at them! The Q Bar band was great. My husband went SCUBA DIVING in Puerto Aventuras at Dive Aventuras and loved it. That was the only time we left the resort. There is good snorkelling in the lagoon with fish and many saw an octopus BUT NO EQUIPMENT.....BRING YOUR OWN mask , fins and snorkel. While the north pool was definitely more quiet, for those who prefer that,we enjoyed ourselves so much mostly playing volleyball in the south pool and getting involved in some of the activities... ( practice your beer chugging ).The activity staff are a hoot.. say hi to Ivan, Ruban, Vanessa, Monica, Lolis and Franklin for us from Dave and Annette. We only SHOPPED at the resort...there is a store in both North and South lobby...South lobby store had some very inexpensive silver jewelery and both had t-shirt for 3x$30us or 4x$20us.(decent quality). All the staff do their best to make your vacation a great experience...so be open minded and enjoy it all! Hi Texas!!!...(if you are still reading the reviews) Cheers from Canada... eh!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2004

We have been there 7 times and we love it more and more. I was there 4 times in the past year. I don't know what people complain about. They complain if the workers can't speak english very well. Their language is Spanish. I think people forget they are in Mexico and they do not have everything we have in the good old USA. Maybe people that are hard to please should stay in the states. I love the people, the food, pools and the beaches. We always have great service. This past trip there a huge convention and it did not disrupt my vacation at all.

Greensboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2004

My wife and I returned on 3-19 we had a great time.The reviews worried us but we would do it again .

Been to Aventura Spa Palace? Share your experiences!