Just returned from 7-nights at the Adventura Spa Palace Resot attending a corporate sponsored event. THIS RESORT IS INCREDBILE! After having read literally hundreds of the reviews on this web site, both good and bad, I promised myself to pen a response to address reviews reflecting negative ratings. Arrival - checkin went flawlessly and was quick although we were not able to get an ocean view room (our room was 1569) which was ground floor without any view of the ocean. We did have a garden view (near the fitness obstacle course) and our building was literally between the North and South lobbies and nearby the convention center. All and all, we were very happy because of the central location. While the rooms are not enormous, the in-room two-person spa and tiled shower are wonderful. Yes, the mattresses are firm, however, a quick call to housekeeping brought us an egg crate mattress topper.
They were also quick to bring the extra clothes hangers I requested.
While we didn't make heavy-duty use of the liquor cabinet on the wall or the beverages in the fridge (having had just plenty to drink every day down by the pool) someone did stop by every other day to replenish and its a nice touch I haven't found at other resorts. Ditto for the in-room coffee maker. Maid service was wonderful, loved the towel designs she left us each day and the room was spotless. Because we were at a corporate event, only had 2 opportunities to try restuarants at dinner. First night went to the Italian restuarant buffet, I'd rate the food as above average. Our last night we went to Mundoca's by the Adventura pool (we also ate almost all breakfasts there ). I would say my meal (grouper grilled cajun style) was as great as I've had anywhere. Ditto for my husband's choice of salmon. Loved their breakfast buffet -- the selection changes day-to-day and the made-to-order omlet station. We used the Adventura pool, and yes made a point of staking out our location by 7:00 am each morning - we're early risers so no big deal. Poolside bar service was great -- Donicio, I miss my Banana Monkeys and your smiling face. Yes, some nights I could hear people going to their rooms, but this was not excessive and big deal, you're on vacation, take a siesta! Yes, we saw (did not hear) the infamous cats -- most tend to keep their distance, although one orange tabby that came to visit our patio a couple mornings was very friendly.
The grounds are absolutely magnificant and very well maintained. The staff is incredibly friendly and always willing to help if you have a question. We made a point of taking lots of single dollar bills and tipped everyone and often. They deserve it! I've stayed at many different all-inclusives in different Caribbean locations and this one stands heads-and-shoulders above the rest. Since this was a corporate event, I should comment that all the special evening events for our large group (800 rooms) at the hotel were phenomenal. It goes without saying, I'm counting the days until the next opportunity to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico