My wife and I stayed at the Aventura Spa from March 28-April 2. We breezed thru customs and within 30 minutes from landing, were on the road to Aventura which was an hour's drive.
Our room was ready at 1:30pm when we arrived and of course having read mixed reviews, we were nervous about the kind of room we would get. We were in the Triangulo building (they all have musical instrument names). We were centrally located between the north and south lobbies and away from the noise but equidistant to all the action and restarurants. Our corridor was open air without rooms opposite ours so that made for less traffic and less noise. We did have a somewhat obstructed view of the ocean but being on the second floor was much better than the first. I would NOT want to be anywhere on the ground floor. We were there to relax and enjoy and we did that at every moment throughout our stay. We were not kept awake by cats, carts, or persons in the hall. The bed is hard but nonetheless, we slept soundly. The whirlpool was great--just be careful about how many bubbles you pour in!! Do bring some candles.
We recommend watching the sun come up and the stars at night. Walks along the ocean are rough on the rocks but worth the serenity. Don't clamour to stake your claim on a beach or pool chair--there really is no need unless your world collapses when that ONE spot is taken. There are so many great areas to get sun or shade, view or privacy, action or peace. You will be given a towel card to be exchanged for pool towels--leave the cards in your safe the whole time as they do not take them but they will charge you $20 per card if you do not return them.
We had planned on taking advantage of some of the tours but enjoyed the palace so much we didn't want to leave--besides, we had done some of the tours on another trip to the area a few years back.
The food ranged from horrible to pretty good. The buffets sit there a long time so we stayed clear of them. The fruit is usually from a can and no matter what cut of beef you order, you most likely will get ribeye of various thicknesses. If you desire a top shelf liquer, ask for it. They did have some of the brands we prefer.
The hotel was at capacity during our stay and it actually helped to have the HP convention while we were there as they had many activities scheduled at the convention center or away from the resort.
We used the spa every afternoon around 5pm and it was never crowded. We got massages and therapuetic baths, facials and manicures on the first day which was great to start the vacation off on a relaxing note.
On the whole, we really did enjoy our stay, the grounds, and atmosphere. We are both 38 and thought the palace provided for our every need. It was not the greatest place in the world, but for the 5 days we were there, it was the only world we needed. Enjoy and relax!
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Aventura Spa
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, MexVax, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.