I was a little worried after reading some of the hot and cold reviews here - but we had absolutely none of the problems that other reviewers experienced! We are a couple in our late 30's. We booked out trip on the internet thru itravel2000 and travelled with Sunwing Vacations March 24 - 31st. No problems here! We picked up our tickets at Pearson Intl Airport the morning we left. We flew out at 6:30 am on Kelowna Flightcraft (new plane/pleasant flight) and arrived in Cancun by 9:15 am. Breezed thru the airport and arrived at Aventura Spa Palace before noon. Another pleasant surprise - our room was ready! Great room right in the middle of the resort!The grounds are as beautiful as everyone says and our weather was perfect. We had breakfasts at El Greco and Eddie was our server. We got mimosa's in the morning as well as cappaccino (sp?) - this was good as we found the coffee was a little hit and miss. We had dinner in every restaurant except Ventana's (the buffet). Our favourites in order: La Huerta (light California Fare) They had an awesome caesar salad and their steak was pretty good too.
Mo no no whatever (oriental cuisine). The appetizers here were really good!La Hacienda (Mexican) Top notch service and alcohol.One note - the appetizers in all the restaurants were far better that the main courses - so we tended to order lots of them and no entrees.We found the service around the pool and lagoon was quick for drinks and if you were really thirsty you could walk about a hundred feet and get a drink yourself!We did tip and I would say the service was excellent whether you tipped or not but the difference would be in the little things.The resort was full while we were there but we only had to wait for dinner one night (Mexican restaurant) and otherwise, the resort really did not seem overcrowded.We had a fabulous time at Aventura Spa Palace and will recommend it too all our friends! We found it to be a reasonably priced resort, with beautiful grounds, excellent amenities and service, lovely rooms and good/excellent food. We also loved the "no kids" aspect. We have three at home but if we're not bringing them along we'd just as soon not have to hear anyone else's either.Oh, we popped over to Xpu-Ha Palace (because we thought we might like to go there with the kids since we were so happy at Aventura - glad we did as we would NOT like to go there for a week - too rustic and spread out for our family (and we ARE an active group) although the snorkelling in the ocean and inland lake was fabulous!Have a great time at Aventura Spa Palace - we envy you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico