I know that some people have stated that if you can't have fun at Aventura Spa Palace, then you probably don't have fun anywhere. I would have agreed with with statement before I stayed there, based on the brochure, but for the money we paid, we were greatly disappointed.
I and my husband looked forward with great anticipation to spending a week in a 5 star resort. However, we have yet to determine just what that rating is based on.
I will start by saying that the staff was professional, friendly and courteous. They do rate a 5 in most cases. If you do want 5 star service, make sure that you keep plenty of 20 peso bills on you. The web site says that you don't need to tip, but if you want exceptional service, tip generously. You won't regret it.
However, the noise level in the hallways where the rooms are located is incredible. We heard every domestic argument on our wing. If that isn't enough to keep you up at night, the staff would rattle their carts and talk loud in the hallway very early in the morning. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the jacuzzi tubs were nice after a long day.
The beds were hard as rocks. If you like them that way, you'll sleep well. If you wanted you're refridgerator restocked, you needed to call them to request it. They stated that it was done every other day, but that was not the case with us.
The biggest turn-off of the resort was the time share presentation that was presented to you under the guise of "guest services" They will tell you that it's not a time share (although the RCI program they are selling calls itself a timeshare). They sell you on all the wonders of the program and then hit you with a $68,000.00 pricetag. This cost can go down, but they are not happy about it. If you want to buy into the RCI program, go to another (non Palace) resort. You will still get the benefits of the Palace Resorts through RCI, but at substantial savings over their program.
Finally, it is true what they say about the food and the beach. The beach really isn't one, and the food is all the same. Although I never realized how may ways there were to poach an egg.
While most of the reviews have been positive, everyone we talked to that stayed at a Palace Resort that week, will not be returning to one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico