Picture this: We begin the first night of our honeymoon with thoughts of the jacuzzi tub for two in our room. Sure it isn't the room our travel agent promised, it is on the opposite end of the property, but we can deal with that considering it is our first night of our long awaited romantic getaway. My new bride draws the water and unrobes to get in the tub, stepping in wearing nothing but her natural beauty. She turns on the jets and asks me to join her. As I unrobe I notice a very dark brown liquid coming out of the jets and foaming in the corners. I scream for her to get out and into the shower immediately, fearful of what that brown nastiness could be. Our first experience was a harbinger of the week to come.
Everything in the negative reviews is not completely true. IT IS ACTUALLY MUCH WORSE! The food is unedible. It tastes as it has been frozen for 3 years. This is the worst thing of many bad things about this place. Prison food could not be worse! If you do not follow our advice and do go there be prepared to go to puerto aventura where there is some decent food.
The alcohol is the CHEAP stuff. All bottom shelf and NO CORONA. The grounds are nice but the lagoon is a joke. The sand is more like a rocky clay. The noise is unbearable. Tile floors everywhere echo the sound of the drunken miserable guests all throughout the night. The cats are everywhere and while I did not see the rampages written in above reviews, I would not be surprised. While the staff is nice and the grounds are pretty....it does not matter. The place is like a prison, and the food is so bad people riot at night in their watered down drunken frenzy. I am very upset that my wife's honeymoon was a nightmare. If America ever takes arms against Mexico, I am in. The 1st place I will go is the Aventura Spa Palace. General Sherman would be proud of what I will do to that place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Prestigia so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico