We just returned from a six night stay at ASP, Feb. 18-24, and it was paradise!!! The staff is so courteous and they genuinely want to please you. After reading reviews on ASP for a couple of months now, we took plenty of $1.00 bills with us and any time you tipped, they were just so grateful. Yes, tipping is included in what you pay for all-inclusive, but these people get paid so little and their service is outstanding, we wanted to tip them and a few bucks goes a long way. The rooms were beautiful, my only complaint is that we asked for a king-size bed when we made the reservation and when we checked in they put us in a double room and told us to check back tomorrow for the king size, when we checked back, same thing, check back tomorrow. After that, we gave up. We had hoped to stay on the Aventura side, because we heard it was funner, but we ended up on the Spa side in Building #9, and really liked it. We didn't mind walking over to the Aventura side for action and enjoyed the quietness of our area. The drinks are good and plentiful. The food is good, just not as spicy as we like but I guess they have to cater to people that don't like spicy food and you can always add some salsa to spice it up if you want. Oh!!! After a night of partying, order a cheeseburger from room service. They are to die for and they'll get them there in about 30 minutes. So good!!!! We did do one optional trip and that was on the sunset dinner cruise. It was fabulous. So romantic and a great dinner. We booked it through the hotel and the place we went to was called playa maroma beach club I think. It was $65.00 per person, but we earned ourselves $100.00 toward it for sitting through the time share presentation. The guest services will call you the morning after you check in to give you some info on your stay, which is helpful, and schedule you for their "vacation club" (it's a time share) presentation (90 minutes). If you don't want to sit through it, be firm and say so, because if you just ignore their calls, they will call you every morning by 9:00 until you respond. Not good if you want to sleep in. Anyway, we sat through their presentation, knowing that we weren't interested but wanted the $100.00 toward the sunset dinner cruise and free bottle of tequila. The prices for the "vacation club" are ridiculously high and you will feel like you are in a car dealership, you will talk to first the low man on the totem pole and move your way up through two more people before you are through.
Ninety minutes of my time was so worth getting that dinner cruise for free though. We took a taxi up to Playa Del Carmen one morning and the ferry over to Cozumel, I think it cost us $18.00 round trip per person and we bought our tickets right at the dock. Beware of one thing on the ferry, they will come buy offering you something to drink and then when they bring it, it's like $2.00 for a bottle of water and $5.00 for a drink, which surprised us because we were used to the "all-inclusive" and when they came by to offer it, they weren't forthcoming about the cost, just made it sound like something they give you. While on Cozumel, the other couple we were with rented a scooter for $25.00 and went over to the north side of the island and said it was the most beautiful beaches they had ever seen. Wish we had done that, next time for sure. One thing I would recommend if you can find it is a Mayan Coffee, it is to die for, it's like dessert in a coffee cup. I only found it once, at La Hacienda on the Aventura side and then never could find another restaurant to make it. Delicious!!! All in all it was a wonderful trip and I cannot wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico