This was the fist time to an "adults only" resort. We returned on July 5, 2013. We were there for seven days. The place is very nice, the staff is super friendly, and the view is beautiful. Our Tripguy.com agent as always made excellent arrangements for us. We didn't have to worry about a thing. We even got a set of attractive travel tags from them as well as a passport wallet to keep all our documents organized and handy. They even arranged for our private transfers from the airport to the hotel with Lomas Travel. Excellent service even though it was a very long ride from the airport. We drove for almost one hour (45 -50 min.) to get to the resort.
As for the the Aventura Spa itself, there were some good things and some not so good thing.
For example just to mention a few for future travelers:
1. The Room- the curtains block most of the sunlight- if you like to sleep in like we do, but the doors let light in through the frame especially the bottom gap as well as the noise from the outside. We had to put towels or pillows to keep the light and the noise out.
-we asked to be closer to the pool area, and the friendly people at the check in counter were very accommodating.
-the room itself was nice with a king bed and a full size jacuzzi and balcony. Only stay in the building next to the pool if you don't plan on taking afternoon naps. The music at the pool is almost non-stop and loud. The pool is fun during the day.
-for some reasons, the floor was always wet by the front door on the inside. We slid the first night at night. Next day we wiped it and went to dinner, returned and it was still wet again. By the third day we put towels on the floor all the time.
-furthermore some thing leaked through closet wet some of hubby's clothing
-but the worst was waking up to a HUGE live roach on its back next to our bed!
-steaks were good
-sushi wasn't bad, but limiting
-the buffet was average
-drinks were ok
-the fresh vegetables, fruits and cheese were limited in selection and almost always half defrosted and mushy at the buffet and even at the restaurants.
-some restaurants were closed for "private party" almost every day without letting people know in advance... especially for breakfast.
-one restaurant is closed each night for "day off", but no advance notice to know where not to go.
-but worst of all is that my husband got food poisoning. ..103 fever, diarrhea, etc the day before we left...lasted 4 days!...went to see doctor, he said definitely food poisoning. We only ate and drank at their resort...horrible way to end vacation!
-awesome! Very friendly, accommodating, and very sweet
-usually fun water games, DJ, entertaining staff....however, I wish they would clean a bit more often. I hate when bugs float in the pool, but I know sometimes its not possible to get everything out
-professional and friendly
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Aventura Spa
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.