“Another great vacation with Palace” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aventura Spa Palace

Save Saved
You added Aventura Spa Palace to your Saves list
Aventura Spa Palace
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Summerfield, Florida
“Another great vacation with Palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We just got back from our 5th visit to the Aventura Spa. We were a little concerned regarding the Hard Rock conversion but encountered little construction. It appeared the Cove side had most of the construction but while we were there Palace was blocking off large room sections of the Spa side. It appears they are gutting all of the rooms, so I think a fall Hard Rock conversion is optimistic.

Our stay was April 12-19th, the resort was more crowded that we have seen it for a long time. Yes there is a lot of “lounge chair saving” but we never had an issue finding a place to sit.

As always, there were plenty of food choices, great drinks and the service was awesome. They now allow you to use all your 1500.00 credits toward spa services, before there was a 300.00 limit. We never had an issue booking a spa time and yes there is an 11% tax on used credits, but still a great deal.

We golfed one time at Playacar, the course was in great shape. We were unable to go to the sister club Palace Playacar, as it’s occupancy was too high. If you are interested in seeing dolphins, rays, seals and manatees (FOR FREE), take a cab ride to Puerto Aventura (11.00 each way, about a 5 minute cab ride). It has a great marina and no pressure shopping.

If you want a quite room, try to get a room not in a hallway, your view might not be as good but your noise level will be greatly reduced.

Overall another great trip, Palace Resorts never disappoints. If you go with the flow, realize there might be some communication issues from time to time, double the rum in your MaiTai you will have a blast! If you have any specific questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Room Tip: Avoid hallways as the echo every noise! Try sections Banjo, Oboe, Saxofom, Triangulo
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi Chaump, thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments we are glad that you had another great vacation with us. Regarding the transition works, we are taking every step necessary to ensure a seamless process; we know that you will love the renovated rooms in your next visit. We look forward to welcome you again and make your vacations an unforgettable experience.

3,736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I don't even know where to start with this review except to say that as Palace and Legendary Members I was concerned about some of the negative reviews Adventura has been receiving. Our last stay was in Dec. of 2011, so I had some concerns about the change over into a Hard Rock. While you can't "see" the changes, we know they are going to happen in the near future. I love the colonial spa atmosphere and hope that it continues to have the Spa "vibe" when we return. We have been to the Hard Rock in Punta Cana and as amazing as it is, it's nice to go to different locations and experience something different - if all the Hard Rocks look exactly the same, then what's the point of checking them all out? We'll see!

I can't beleive some people stated that they received bad service from the employees. We were treated like gold - EVERY SINGLE staff member from the Salon, Spa, Houskeeping, Groundkeepers, Waiters, to Bar Servers always had a smile on their face. I don't know where the people who write bad reviews are from and how they live on a day to day basis but we're just a normal middle class group that likes to work hard and play hard. These staff members work hard and do everything to please. I dont get this treatment anywhere in the US - you want excellent customer service? Try Immigration and Customs in Atlanta - lol.

Our rooms were in the Banjo Bldg right off of the main lobby area - while there isnt much of a view, it is centrally located with easy access to the lobby, pools and beach. We don't vacation to sit in our room all day - it's for sleeping! Room was always clean, bed was a little firm, but we were so exhausted that it didn't bother us.

We received excellent service in the Salon for Mani & Pedi's and the Spa Services are amazing! I had 2 different facials, a massage and loved the Hydrotherapy. Again - I couldn't get this in the US.

The Steak House on the Cove side gave us 2 fantastic meals as did the Asian Restaurant on the Spa Side. Room Service was fast, the food was hot and very good. The Breakfast and Lunch Buffets have a large selection - if you can't find something you like then you must have a private chef at home.

The pool chair game. Ah yes - we saw this as well. My thoughts on this is that you can't blame the resort or resort staff, but the greedy ungrateful people who put their towels on lounge chairs in the early am and then show up at 2 pm. That's just plain rude. We really never had a problem finding 4 loungers together, but I could see how it would be an issue during a peak season.

We're already planning our next trip for Thanksgiving and would like to try another Palace or Hard Rock Resort - I just don't know if they will have the same level of service. Maybe Adventura will just be our home away from home twice a year - why ruin a good thing?

In closing, I hope when we return after the renovations Adventura will be somewhat the same - if not, we'll miss it terribly.

Thanks Adventura Staff for another wonderful thrid vacation at your beautiful facility! We traveled April 12-19.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from your friends at your home away from home Traci G, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for mentioning the great service the staff give you during your stay, indeed they are the ones that make the magic with every smile and great service characteristic to our Mexican people and especially at our resort. And do not worry about our resorts vibe, our characteristic Mexican Colonial Hacienda style will still be present in our location, while our resort´s style will be unique, for sure you will notice you are in Mexico. We look forward to see you this upcoming thanksgiving.
Estevan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We just arrived home after an amazing week at the adventura spa resort... It was the best resort we've been to in Mexico. The service was amazing - the staff was accommodating and always smiling!!! We were spoiled the entire week. We had a other couple meet us there this was their first trip ever a d they were impressed. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The report was spotless and the food was exceptional. There wasn't anything to complain about. The pool area was beautiful and we loved the lagoons - the water was rough so the lagoon area gave you an option to swim in the ocean without having to worry about rough water. The only thing we would improve was the lack of washroom facilities within the beach area and restaurants. It was a trek from the restaurants into the main lobby to use the facilities. The night bar - dance area had no washroom close by which made it hard when drinking - that's the only thing we would improve on... We are in the process of booking a other trip for Nov and will bring our teen boys with us this time and we will book 10 days as the 7 was. To enough. Lots of attractions in the area - something for everyone. Definitely a place to take the family or get away adults only. We were impressed. Special thanks to Jose (Luigii Lombardi) for making our stay memorable... Jose took great care of us all week at pool side.

Room Tip: Ocean view didn't give you much of a view - don't spend the extra money. Unless you have a p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi D C, thank you for your comments and for sharing your great experience with us, and for consider us the best resort you’ve been in Mexico! We are so pleased to be in your top favs list, and to keep it that way we have shared your suggestions and feedback to our Management team to ensure we deliver the best vacations always. We will be waiting for you and your teens this upcoming November and let us know what we can do to make your next vacation awesome.
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I just returned from my ninth annual pilgrimage to Aventura Spa Palace. Last year was a little disappointing. I am thrilled to report that I had absolutely no problems this year whatsoever. Customer service was spot on; the rooms were clean, comfortable, and serviced timely; and the food was as delicious as usual. I barely sat two minutes in any location without a staff member asking if they could do something for me. I brought three friends this year and we all agreed that the employees could not be more friendly or accommodating. I had the Relaxing Massage, Vitamin C Facial, hot stone massage, manicure, pedicure, and did the hydrotherapy circuit. All the services were outstanding. [Nitpicky critique: None of the towels laid out on the floors in the spa showers were fresh, and there was no shampoo, conditioner or bodywash in the showers like there always was before.] The Chef's Dinner was better than last year. It was held in a more intimate setting so that you could better see the preparations, and Eduardo and the chefs were very entertaining. We spent our beach time on the Cove side since it was so much less crowded, and had shaded spots available. (Need a LOT more umbrellas on the Spa side.) The beach and entertainment staff on the Cove side were wonderful. Special thanks to Jack, Cecilio, and Beatriz! There is no Andromeda Disco on the Cove side anymore. The Martini Bar on the Spa side now serves as the disco in the evenings. I was skeptical at first, but two nights of crazy dancing put my worries away. The only complaint I had was how far the bathrooms are from the Martini Bar; otherwise it was nice to dance out in the fresh air with the Caribbean breezes, and the DJ was great. [I was told by staff that the indoor pool is going to be turned into a disco when Hard Rock takes over.] We had a blast in the Spa pool bar one afternoon. Aldo served our tequila with a smile! The buffets and restaurants on both sides were delicious and the staff was terrific as usual. One thing I noticed this year, though, is that the salad bar offerings were poor. Either they had lettuce with no fixings, or (more often) fixings with no lettuce. I was tempted to take the hamburger lettuce and use it for a salad, but didn't. ;) There seemed to be less fruit on offer, too. The smoothie bar was back in business near the indoor pool. Great service and yummy smoothies there as usual. We also ventured off the property a few times. The motor lobby guys were always smiling and arranged our taxis within minutes. I was worried that this would be my last ASP trip after the mishaps of last year, but it definitely won't be. I'm relieved to report that ASP is still my happy place! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hi MissTrif, thank you for your awesome review and for your mentioning so many of our staff members, we will pass on your special thanks to them, they are really the heart and soul of our resort and they are one of the many reasons our valued guests keep coming back to Aventura Spa Palace and to make sure your voice is heard, we have shared your suggestions and feedback to our Management team. Overall we are happy that you had a great vacation and felt the royal treatment during you stay, we cannot wait to welcome you again and make your next visit an unforgettable one.
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I and 2 other couples went to ASP in February 2013. We had a great time and had excellent experiences especially related to the food and drink. The restaurants were incredible, with maybe the only one not being up to the standards of the rest being the asian restaurant, Mo Mo No Hana. We never had to wait long for a table even though the resort was near capacity. The drinks were plentiful and not at all weak or watered down like you can get at all inclusives, they even had 4 scotch selections including Mcallan's, unheard of at many resorts. Our group "latched on" to a beach butler named Alberto and tipped him moderately, the service he provided was over the top and I can't recall my hand being empty for very long, ever.

If you are looking for a party place, this isn't really it, although the pool area was lively during the day. However if you are looking for a place with a few things to do, great service, awesome food and drink, beautiful surroundings and a fantastic spa, this place is for you. The $1500 resort credit was quite nice and more than adequate. The lack of a "real" beach was a minor bummer but the the free snorkel equipment and ability to snorkel the lagoons whenever you feel like it more than made up for that. The staff is great, all 6 of us had a great time.

Room Tip: All rooms are angled to the beach however the closer you are to the beach the better chance your oce...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Man0nther0ad, thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you loved the food at the various restaurants and the drinks at every bar. We hope many readers will find your comments helpful to choose Aventura Spa for their next vacation; we will be waiting with open arms.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the spa palace and had a great time. The staff was great and the facilities were top notch. I loved hangin out in the sports bar in the evening and speaking with everyone. The bartenders were great and so were the waitresses. There is one waitress named Cristina who was working in the sports bar on our last 2 nights (April 16 & 17) and was hoping someone could provide me with her last name. I promised her I would add her to facebook but forgot her last name.

The Spa was amazing!! The Spa staff were always great and made everything so relaxing. It was fun to hang out and do the Hydrotherapy before a nice relaxing massage. Last but not least, our tour to Tulum was great too!! Our tour guide Marco and his team were great and very knowledgable. I learned a lot that morning.

I will definitely be back as soon as I can!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Greeting from your friends in Mexico Tom H.!, thank you for your review, we are glad that you had a great time hanging out at the Sports bar, it’s a great place to meet new people and have a blast; we have passed your message to the waiting staff. Overall we are happy that you had a great time with us and we also look forward to welcome you again soon!
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Aventura Spa from March 11 to March 22/2013. The hotel is beautiful, rooms are very clean, jacuzzi tub was a great bonus. We have gone on many all inclusive vacations throughout Mexico and this was by far the nicest resort we have ever stayed at. The water for showering and filling the jacuzzi was always hot and plentiful. We have had issues in the past of hotels running out of hot water and having to take cold showers.
The meals were absolutely delicious. We tried all of the a'la'cartes too and not having to book in advance was a treat. You just had to go early to get in and it was never a problem.
The buffets were always excellent and there was never a shortage of food.
Staff was always very friendly.
The resort credits we were able to use was an excellent bonus. My husband and I both each had 3 massages, a pedicure, and we also booked a special romantic dinner and also a chef's dinner. We enjoyed it all very much!
The only thing I can say I really missed was being able to walk on the ocean. The lagoons were nice but after seeing an eel in the water I was scared to swim in them.
We got talked into going to the time-share meeting but we knew what we were getting into. We got a nice tour out of it but the high pressure salesman at the end of the presentation was a bit hard to take. Not sure I'll ever agree to another time share. Its just not worth the hassle and is a time waste.
All in all, a great vacation. Truly was treated like royalty! Would not hesitate to go back again.
The only thing I could suggest would be more umbrellas. It was a challenge to find one to sit under some afternoons, unless you got up early in the morning and reserved your chair. Not everyone can take that hot sun all day.

Room Tip: Not sure, this resort is huge and we were about as far away from everything as you could get. Howev...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Tammy48, thank you for the great review. It is reassuring to hear that we are the nicest resort you have ever stayed at, this encourage us to continue providing excellent service and unforgettable experiences to our valued guests, and so we have shared as well your suggestions to our management to ensure every voice is heard as it is through our valued guests feedback that we revamp our facilities and services so we continue in your top favs list. Thank you and we hope that we can see you again pretty soon.

Been to Aventura Spa Palace? Share your experiences!