I don't even know where to start with this review except to say that as Palace and Legendary Members I was concerned about some of the negative reviews Adventura has been receiving. Our last stay was in Dec. of 2011, so I had some concerns about the change over into a Hard Rock. While you can't "see" the changes, we know they are going to happen in the near future. I love the colonial spa atmosphere and hope that it continues to have the Spa "vibe" when we return. We have been to the Hard Rock in Punta Cana and as amazing as it is, it's nice to go to different locations and experience something different - if all the Hard Rocks look exactly the same, then what's the point of checking them all out? We'll see!
I can't beleive some people stated that they received bad service from the employees. We were treated like gold - EVERY SINGLE staff member from the Salon, Spa, Houskeeping, Groundkeepers, Waiters, to Bar Servers always had a smile on their face. I don't know where the people who write bad reviews are from and how they live on a day to day basis but we're just a normal middle class group that likes to work hard and play hard. These staff members work hard and do everything to please. I dont get this treatment anywhere in the US - you want excellent customer service? Try Immigration and Customs in Atlanta - lol.
Our rooms were in the Banjo Bldg right off of the main lobby area - while there isnt much of a view, it is centrally located with easy access to the lobby, pools and beach. We don't vacation to sit in our room all day - it's for sleeping! Room was always clean, bed was a little firm, but we were so exhausted that it didn't bother us.
We received excellent service in the Salon for Mani & Pedi's and the Spa Services are amazing! I had 2 different facials, a massage and loved the Hydrotherapy. Again - I couldn't get this in the US.
The Steak House on the Cove side gave us 2 fantastic meals as did the Asian Restaurant on the Spa Side. Room Service was fast, the food was hot and very good. The Breakfast and Lunch Buffets have a large selection - if you can't find something you like then you must have a private chef at home.
The pool chair game. Ah yes - we saw this as well. My thoughts on this is that you can't blame the resort or resort staff, but the greedy ungrateful people who put their towels on lounge chairs in the early am and then show up at 2 pm. That's just plain rude. We really never had a problem finding 4 loungers together, but I could see how it would be an issue during a peak season.
We're already planning our next trip for Thanksgiving and would like to try another Palace or Hard Rock Resort - I just don't know if they will have the same level of service. Maybe Adventura will just be our home away from home twice a year - why ruin a good thing?
In closing, I hope when we return after the renovations Adventura will be somewhat the same - if not, we'll miss it terribly.
Thanks Adventura Staff for another wonderful thrid vacation at your beautiful facility! We traveled April 12-19.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Prestigia and Otel so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico