“Adventura Spa - great resort AMAZING service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Estevan, Canada
“Adventura Spa - great resort AMAZING service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We just arrived home after an amazing week at the adventura spa resort... It was the best resort we've been to in Mexico. The service was amazing - the staff was accommodating and always smiling!!! We were spoiled the entire week. We had a other couple meet us there this was their first trip ever a d they were impressed. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The report was spotless and the food was exceptional. There wasn't anything to complain about. The pool area was beautiful and we loved the lagoons - the water was rough so the lagoon area gave you an option to swim in the ocean without having to worry about rough water. The only thing we would improve was the lack of washroom facilities within the beach area and restaurants. It was a trek from the restaurants into the main lobby to use the facilities. The night bar - dance area had no washroom close by which made it hard when drinking - that's the only thing we would improve on... We are in the process of booking a other trip for Nov and will bring our teen boys with us this time and we will book 10 days as the 7 was. To enough. Lots of attractions in the area - something for everyone. Definitely a place to take the family or get away adults only. We were impressed. Special thanks to Jose (Luigii Lombardi) for making our stay memorable... Jose took great care of us all week at pool side.

Room Tip: Ocean view didn't give you much of a view - don't spend the extra money. Unless you have a p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi D C, thank you for your comments and for sharing your great experience with us, and for consider us the best resort you’ve been in Mexico! We are so pleased to be in your top favs list, and to keep it that way we have shared your suggestions and feedback to our Management team to ensure we deliver the best vacations always. We will be waiting for you and your teens this upcoming November and let us know what we can do to make your next vacation awesome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I just returned from my ninth annual pilgrimage to Aventura Spa Palace. Last year was a little disappointing. I am thrilled to report that I had absolutely no problems this year whatsoever. Customer service was spot on; the rooms were clean, comfortable, and serviced timely; and the food was as delicious as usual. I barely sat two minutes in any location without a staff member asking if they could do something for me. I brought three friends this year and we all agreed that the employees could not be more friendly or accommodating. I had the Relaxing Massage, Vitamin C Facial, hot stone massage, manicure, pedicure, and did the hydrotherapy circuit. All the services were outstanding. [Nitpicky critique: None of the towels laid out on the floors in the spa showers were fresh, and there was no shampoo, conditioner or bodywash in the showers like there always was before.] The Chef's Dinner was better than last year. It was held in a more intimate setting so that you could better see the preparations, and Eduardo and the chefs were very entertaining. We spent our beach time on the Cove side since it was so much less crowded, and had shaded spots available. (Need a LOT more umbrellas on the Spa side.) The beach and entertainment staff on the Cove side were wonderful. Special thanks to Jack, Cecilio, and Beatriz! There is no Andromeda Disco on the Cove side anymore. The Martini Bar on the Spa side now serves as the disco in the evenings. I was skeptical at first, but two nights of crazy dancing put my worries away. The only complaint I had was how far the bathrooms are from the Martini Bar; otherwise it was nice to dance out in the fresh air with the Caribbean breezes, and the DJ was great. [I was told by staff that the indoor pool is going to be turned into a disco when Hard Rock takes over.] We had a blast in the Spa pool bar one afternoon. Aldo served our tequila with a smile! The buffets and restaurants on both sides were delicious and the staff was terrific as usual. One thing I noticed this year, though, is that the salad bar offerings were poor. Either they had lettuce with no fixings, or (more often) fixings with no lettuce. I was tempted to take the hamburger lettuce and use it for a salad, but didn't. ;) There seemed to be less fruit on offer, too. The smoothie bar was back in business near the indoor pool. Great service and yummy smoothies there as usual. We also ventured off the property a few times. The motor lobby guys were always smiling and arranged our taxis within minutes. I was worried that this would be my last ASP trip after the mishaps of last year, but it definitely won't be. I'm relieved to report that ASP is still my happy place! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hi MissTrif, thank you for your awesome review and for your mentioning so many of our staff members, we will pass on your special thanks to them, they are really the heart and soul of our resort and they are one of the many reasons our valued guests keep coming back to Aventura Spa Palace and to make sure your voice is heard, we have shared your suggestions and feedback to our Management team. Overall we are happy that you had a great vacation and felt the royal treatment during you stay, we cannot wait to welcome you again and make your next visit an unforgettable one.
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I and 2 other couples went to ASP in February 2013. We had a great time and had excellent experiences especially related to the food and drink. The restaurants were incredible, with maybe the only one not being up to the standards of the rest being the asian restaurant, Mo Mo No Hana. We never had to wait long for a table even though the resort was near capacity. The drinks were plentiful and not at all weak or watered down like you can get at all inclusives, they even had 4 scotch selections including Mcallan's, unheard of at many resorts. Our group "latched on" to a beach butler named Alberto and tipped him moderately, the service he provided was over the top and I can't recall my hand being empty for very long, ever.

If you are looking for a party place, this isn't really it, although the pool area was lively during the day. However if you are looking for a place with a few things to do, great service, awesome food and drink, beautiful surroundings and a fantastic spa, this place is for you. The $1500 resort credit was quite nice and more than adequate. The lack of a "real" beach was a minor bummer but the the free snorkel equipment and ability to snorkel the lagoons whenever you feel like it more than made up for that. The staff is great, all 6 of us had a great time.

Room Tip: All rooms are angled to the beach however the closer you are to the beach the better chance your oce...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Man0nther0ad, thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you loved the food at the various restaurants and the drinks at every bar. We hope many readers will find your comments helpful to choose Aventura Spa for their next vacation; we will be waiting with open arms.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the spa palace and had a great time. The staff was great and the facilities were top notch. I loved hangin out in the sports bar in the evening and speaking with everyone. The bartenders were great and so were the waitresses. There is one waitress named Cristina who was working in the sports bar on our last 2 nights (April 16 & 17) and was hoping someone could provide me with her last name. I promised her I would add her to facebook but forgot her last name.

The Spa was amazing!! The Spa staff were always great and made everything so relaxing. It was fun to hang out and do the Hydrotherapy before a nice relaxing massage. Last but not least, our tour to Tulum was great too!! Our tour guide Marco and his team were great and very knowledgable. I learned a lot that morning.

I will definitely be back as soon as I can!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Greeting from your friends in Mexico Tom H.!, thank you for your review, we are glad that you had a great time hanging out at the Sports bar, it’s a great place to meet new people and have a blast; we have passed your message to the waiting staff. Overall we are happy that you had a great time with us and we also look forward to welcome you again soon!
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Aventura Spa from March 11 to March 22/2013. The hotel is beautiful, rooms are very clean, jacuzzi tub was a great bonus. We have gone on many all inclusive vacations throughout Mexico and this was by far the nicest resort we have ever stayed at. The water for showering and filling the jacuzzi was always hot and plentiful. We have had issues in the past of hotels running out of hot water and having to take cold showers.
The meals were absolutely delicious. We tried all of the a'la'cartes too and not having to book in advance was a treat. You just had to go early to get in and it was never a problem.
The buffets were always excellent and there was never a shortage of food.
Staff was always very friendly.
The resort credits we were able to use was an excellent bonus. My husband and I both each had 3 massages, a pedicure, and we also booked a special romantic dinner and also a chef's dinner. We enjoyed it all very much!
The only thing I can say I really missed was being able to walk on the ocean. The lagoons were nice but after seeing an eel in the water I was scared to swim in them.
We got talked into going to the time-share meeting but we knew what we were getting into. We got a nice tour out of it but the high pressure salesman at the end of the presentation was a bit hard to take. Not sure I'll ever agree to another time share. Its just not worth the hassle and is a time waste.
All in all, a great vacation. Truly was treated like royalty! Would not hesitate to go back again.
The only thing I could suggest would be more umbrellas. It was a challenge to find one to sit under some afternoons, unless you got up early in the morning and reserved your chair. Not everyone can take that hot sun all day.

Room Tip: Not sure, this resort is huge and we were about as far away from everything as you could get. Howev...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Tammy48, thank you for the great review. It is reassuring to hear that we are the nicest resort you have ever stayed at, this encourage us to continue providing excellent service and unforgettable experiences to our valued guests, and so we have shared as well your suggestions to our management to ensure every voice is heard as it is through our valued guests feedback that we revamp our facilities and services so we continue in your top favs list. Thank you and we hope that we can see you again pretty soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms and room service were amazing. The food was delicious and the best bartender to see is Armando Aoki sharingan uruena. I was highly impressed with how he bartends and I requesting to be in Armando's corner every night and the hotel was so accommodating
Armando is tall, guapo and will make you the most delicious drinks at the martini bar

• Stayed April 2013
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi ColeyPert, thank you for the short and sweet review, we are glad that the entire staff made you feel special and your vacations were awesome, we have passed your comments to Armando at the martini bar; he will appreciate them. Come back soon and we will make your of next visit an unforgettable vacation.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Prior to leaving on vacation & after reading reviews, we were very concerned about the condition of the resort during the transition to a Hard Rock. We are Palace Resort members & my husband called in advance of our departure to double check on transportation to & from the airport & to make sure that we had a king room. Seemed like a reasonable step after seeing the reviews. Maybe some of the other guests could have tried that? Just sayin'!

Resort Credits: We had read that non-members couldn't use all of their resort credit at the spa. We don't know if that was true or not, but we do know that members could. Between the two of us, we had a 50 minute massage, an hour & twenty minute massage & wrap AND a 2 hour massage/wrap/massage. My husband also got a mani/pedi with a forearm & calf massage. All told, we paid an additional $20 over the 1,500 resort credit for all of those services. All of the treatments were wonderful! I get my own mani/pedi prior to going on vacation, so I can't judge that end of things. As for complaints about hair coloring & the cost: I have a stylist at home that I go to on a regular basis & the idea of going to an unknown person, without a referral, to have my hair cut and/or colored makes me shudder.

Service: Excellent all around. Aldo, at the pool bar was attentive & had a great memory :) The room was clean, areas in & around the pool & the buildings were clean & we constantly saw the staff scrubbing & wiping things down.

Food: Food was good & there was a great variety throughout the resort. At el Greco (the buffet restaurant), you simply can't expect food to stay hot when you're serving hundreds of people for every meal & there's a constant, relatively strong wind flowing 24/7. We ordered some food (steak, salmon & shrimp) made to order & it was delicious & warm. Waitstaff was attentive and appreciative when we tipped. Italian restaurant was the best!

Rooms: We were way at the end of the resort (Tuba section) & it was a peaceful as could be. The only downfall was that the housekeeping staff would meet right by our door when they started their day. After the 2nd day, they dialed back the noise a bit, but you could definitely hear them. Housekeeping staff should have their own room or area for getting their carts organized, etc. so that they don't expose the guests to the noise or the traffic of numerous carts in one spot in the hallway. The rooms are definitely dated, but again...they are going through a conversion & we weren't expecting anything new & shiny! You could see that they were already stripping rooms of everything & getting ready for the renovations.

Shows & Activities: For a resort, they were fine! The pool stuff was fun - staff was hilarious - and the evening shows really weren't all that bad. The disco was entertaining, especially from a people watching perspective & they played great music too!

Membership: The major complaint was being hounded to attend the hour & a half meeting to upgrade our membership. She finally gave up on day 4, but the phone would constantly ring...sometimes every 20 minutes. If we don't sign up for the "special membership meeting", then leave us alone. Word was that if you upgraded there for Hard Rock, you negated your Palace contract & would only get direct reciprocity with the 4 Hard Rock resorts. I don't know if that's true, but would have been disappointing to find out you'd lose priority within Palace Resorts for all of their other locations.

Transportation: Directions that we received via e-mail were explicit & we made a beeline for the guys in the black Hard Rock shirts. It was very efficient. As for the return, I'd probably pay for private transportation. For a 3:00 flight we had to have our luggage ready by 9:50 & had to be in the lobby by 10:20. I think that all the resorts work in conjunction with the airport so that you spend so much time there that you have to grab a meal and/or have so much time you decide to shop. International flights USUALLY only require you to be there 2 hours in advance & it was just over an hour to the airport from the resort. We had a lot of time to kill.

Pool chairs: Granted we were there after the spring break rush, but we had zero issues. A few people staked their claim, but it wasn't bad at all. There were plenty of chairs to go around. The Cove side was dead...we were there one morning & only 5 chairs had towels on them & only 1 person was in the water. The only thing I saw as an issue is that they really need to get some more umbrellas. That sun gets wickedly hot & intense & sometimes a reprieve from the rays is needed.

Overall, I think that there will be nothing but improvements & at some point I would consider going back after everything is complete & all the kinks have been worked out.

BTW - no beach. Gee, Didn't I read something about that in the resort description before we booked? ;)

Room Tip: Want Quiet? Ask for the far end of the resort.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from the Riviera Maya, Mexico AARPBOUND! We would like to thank you for your detailed review, we are glad that you had a great time with us and despite any comments, you experienced firsthand the great service of our staff to pamper our valued guests; As you stated, non-members cannot use their full amount of Resort Credits towards Spa treatments, however Aventura Spa Palace and Aventura Cove Palace are proud to offer the spectacular spa promotion at Aventura Spa Palace: which allow guests to use the full $1,500 Resort Credit toward authentic Spa treatments. Thank you for mentioning that Aldo at the pool bar did an excellent job taking care of you and we will pass on your comments, he will appreciate them. Concerning your feedback about more umbrellas and the housekeeping carts, we have passed your comments to our Management team for further review. In regards to the Legendary Membership, once you upgrade with Legendary your benefits does not affect your previous membership, come and find out about the great new features and benefits they have for new members. And as you well stated, there will be nothing but improvements and we invite you to come back and enjoy our fabulous resort soon.

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!