II just got back from an all inclusive package from Toronto, Canada to this amazing resort, Aventura Spa Palace.
As many people have mentioned here, the service is impeccable. I swear if I took a dump, one of the staff would come running to wipe my bum with gold toilette paper.
One night I got sick on my patio from too much tequila – one of the maids, with no English whatsoever, came to rub my back as I was vomiting. Gross yes, but so sweet and soothing!
Like a mother holding me… so great. ha!
They are there to serve and please you.
I was told there are 3:1 ratio of staff to members---So you can imagine the flock of servers awaiting any need you want to be fulfilled. Always with a smile on their face.
I also believe these staff make $8 a day… TIP THEM—they are deserving and the hardest working people I know. By tipping, you are providing to their families and not the Mexican drug cartel like so many people think.
Food: Never any problems. Never got sick, drank the water, no issues. And I have a sensitive tummy!
The buffets were good, lovely variety of fish, chicken, beef, pork, seafood, veggie options etc… however, when on a vacation, I like to turn into a “snob” and enjoy being served at the lovely restaurants this place has to offer. Try the tempura ice cream Mo Mo No Hana—I think we went there every night for that treat! The Italian place is amazing too… try the veal there. Warning: The pasta is a bit on the salty side… this may be do to the water. Still good tho!
In general, if you are a girl who wants to watch her weight, this is totally possible at this resort—each restaurant or buffet offers TONS of healthy options. Plus, for those Americans on here, you aren’t in American anymore, so portions are NORMAL and you leave there feeling pleasant vs full/lethargic.
Staff: Like I said above, so friendly, sweet and caring. They are not working for money, they are working for your smile and happiness. No fake-ness here like most of the resorts I have been to where they practically beg for a tip. I love the hearts of Mexican people! I wanted to take some home with me to keep me smiling every day.
Rooms: no problems. I swear I thought our room was soundproof. Never did I hear anything to wake me up. Beds are great, TV, Jacuzzi and patio with a hammock—all awesome. AC works like a charm too
Never any problems ordering extra towels, soaps etc. They come by twice a day to provide whatever you need.
Spa: Mexicans know how to give an amazing massage!
I often go here in Toronto, and nothing compares to the strong hands and love of a Mexican! My massages were all consistent even tho it was a different masseuse each day.
Pedicures.. not worth it—that would be my only somewhat negative feedback. It’s a quick pedi—20 mins and you are done. Save your credits for the massage treatments!!
You can also use the spa credits to swim with dolphins! Book this on day 1, it fills up fast… as do some of the other treatments.
TAKE THE TIME AND BOOK MOST IF NOT ALL YOUR TREATMENTS THE FIRST DAY… this way you are not disappointed that they are full before you leave and your credits are useless.
Like I said, no hoax here. Go to Aventura spa palace if you want a relaxing, no fuss, all pleasant type of trip.
And most importantly, ENJOY YOURSELF.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico