This was one of the worst resorts that I have ever been too! The service, food, and lack there of beach made our vacation not a fun one! This resort is going to be a Hard Rock Hotel in the future so my advice would be to wait until it changes over.
The Spa - we had great massages there and I would recommend getting one. It was the only thing about this resort that put a smile on our faces. The check-in staff and the staff in the waiting room aren't the best but one day they will understand that they would receive tips if they quit texting. Try the hot stone massage though...it was AMAZING!
The Restaurants & Food - they do first come, first seat so get to where you want to eat early because if not you will wait and good luck if you have a large party. Be prepared to eat late! They do not cater to allergies or specific seating so save your breath. The food is mediocre at best.
The Pools - we quit going into them half way through our trip when we noticed that we never saw staff cleaning them and always found "things" floating in them.
The Reef or Beach - Well if you paid for platinum well DON'T! It doesn't matter! The section that is just for "platinum" people isn't for just platinum people. Anyone can sit there and they NEVER, I repeat NEVER had enough lounge chairs or umbrellas and on several occasions managers were called done to listen to people complain. All complaints fell on deaf ears!
The Rooms - they were alright...old but usable. If you like marble - you won't see it at this resort. Enjoy tile! And the room service is horrendous! They didn't wipe down the countertops, floors, or shower. We actually undid our bed to have it changed after 3 days because it felt like we were sleeping on sand. We stopped tipping after day 4 because they would ignore any type of small requests we had. Such as please mop the floors where we spilled liquids. We knew that they weren't cleaning the floors because we had a dead bug that was never picked up. It would just be moved to another part of the floor.
Long of the short of it...if you want an awesome all-inclusive resort this isn't the resort for you or your family. Don't waste your time or money here. You will only be disappointed. I travel lots and enjoy my all-inclusive trips with my husband. I hated this resort. We had stomach troubles every night even though we took that booster dose of ducoral.
Just don't go to this resort until it switches to a Hard Rock Hotel. If you have questions about my experience here by all means send me a message.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico