Stayed March 11-18,. 2013: We are Palace Premier members and we visited this resort 6 years ago, where fell in love with it, hence the membership status!! This visit was a bit different. Let me start with we visit Palace resorts once a year, send many freinds and family and have never left a vacation feeling disappointed like we did this time. We paid to upgrade to conceirge level prior to arrival. Upon check in we were placed on the ground floor, with NO ocean view. We were happy that our two other couples traveling with us received ocean views. This was the ONLY reason that we upgraded. Our room had a few issues, and it took 4 days and many calls to get things fixed. Food was good in al la carte restaurants, but we were bored with the buffets after day two. We stayed 10 days at Vallarta Hard Rock in November 12 and never grew bored with the food. Don't understand why you can't find a simple taco or buritto in Mexico. Used room credit to do the Romantic dinner and requested NO children and couples only. Arrived at dinner all dressed for a romantic evening and were seated in the Pizzeria restaurant next to families with small children with their feet on the tables, and loud couples dressed in beach attire. Let me tell you, this wasn't a romantic dinner. The best part of this was w were able to receive a refund of at least our taxes paid for this upon check out.
Oh, the pool chair game was indeed being played. We were up early every morning, and if you didn't find a chair by 7 a.m., you were out of luck. When I spoke to a manager about this, they claim that guests aren't supposed to reserve chairs. Very disappointing that management didn't remove the towels and let guests enjoy the sun. Many chairs were reserved all day and never used. Next time, I will removed their belongings and enjoy the sun. A guest should not have to worry about a confrontation with another guest, but I guess you have to fend for yourself. I do recommend the tour to Xhel-Ha eco park, it wasn't that far from the resort and the snorkeling was wonderful. The spa services were wonderful, as always.
All in all, we feel that being a Palace member isn't what it used to be. We weren't treated like members, our concerns/complaints were listened to, but nothing was done about them.
Not sure we will back to this resort until things improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico