My husband and I went back to Adventura Spa resort from 3/8-3/15. We had been there before about 4 years ago. They are changing to the Hard Rock brand so there's a lot of construction. The rooms are a little less "bright and shiny" and the room service the first day was super late and very little done (the only made the bed basically). When we registered we were promised a $1500 resort credit to be used in a few ways - for the spa, in the jewelry stores, for special dinner reservations and for special wines. We found out the day before we checked out there were other ways to use the credit but also the communications about details were repeatedly poor and vague. Twice we went into the special office for "guest vacation planning" and twice we were told we were free to use the credits in either of the two jewelry stores - for either sunglasses or jewelry. The first afternoon we wandered around and didn't really see anything. The evening before we left, we inquired with the "vacation planners" again - they checked our credit balance and told us we could use those in the jewelry store immediately - no other strings attached. We went into the "FINI" store, told the attendant that we wanted to use the rest of our credits and told her how much we had available. We spent an hour picking something out and she made the transaction - again, confirming this would go onto our room charge and be accounted to the "credits". The morning we were leaving (7am - the bus was to leave at 7:20am), we went to check out and the charge for the jewelry was on the bill and we were told that in order for it to have been applied to "credits" we would have had to gotten a special "escort" or "coupon" from a "vacation planner" associate. AT NO TIME was these stipulations EVER mentioned before from ANY of the various "vacation planners" with whom we inquired. We spent over 40 minutes contesting the issue and confirming lack of communication. Not only this issue make us and the other 4 people waiting to go to the airport 20 minutes late, but then my husband and I both left our vacation MORE STRESSED than before we arrived. The details of this "$1500" credit "opportunity" are very misleading, very vaguely explained and very inconsistent. You also need to understand that the TAXES - 11% of any service deemed a part of the credit will be paid SEPARATELY and NOT INCLUDED - they will be billed to your room. This was also very vaguely explained. The spa and wine prices are very inflated so after the taxes and tips it kind of evens out with domestic services.
That being said, the employees working at Adventura Spa are extraordinary! We especially appreciated those in the spa (Betty, Isabella, Adolfo, Alfredo, Eddie - excellent treatments and some of the best massages ever! - PLEASE TELL THEM WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE DONE - if you want more focus on the back and shoulders and firm pressure - they will gladly comply!). I also loved Luis Martinez from the Beauty Parlor - he was such great company - a great sense of humor and very good at manicure/pedicures! Of course the employees of the restaurants are all so pleasant! The female line chef at El Greco makes the best, fresh shrimp and fish! The waiters and the head chef at the gourmet Mexican restaurant were wonderful and the food there was our favorite.
Its a nice place, but try and make sure you get all the CREDIT DETAILS written down - ask LOTS of questions and make sure they tell you the extent of procedures necessary to properly obtain credits without all the hassles and stress!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico