Last week my boyfriend and I returned from Adventura Spa. It started a little rocky because they had apparently "overbooked" themselves so they had us on the "cove" family side when we clearly paid for the adults only "spa" side. After a 6 hr plane ride and an hour bus ride this was not the news I was expecting to hear. Especially not with just 2 double beds pushed together instead of a kingside bed.
It turned out, however, that the family "cove" side appeared to be exactly the type of vacation we were expecting: quiet, contemporary, lots of beach chairs, no lineups for anything and no screaming children. Because we had booked our trip on the last week of February to the beginning of March there were hardly any children present, nor were there even that many people around either. Spring break starts in the middle of March so we missed all the traffic! It was great!! Therefore we had the best of both worlds, we stayed on the quieter side but were able to eat at all the "posh" restaurants on the "spa" adults side. Funny, because we realized that although the environment was mush more promising on the "spa" side, the food was better on the "cove" side! There is an awesome steakhouse on the "cove" side called Mundaca. It had no lineups, excellent quality and selection of meats and great service. The breakfast buffet, Vendana, was also an amazing restaurant with everything you could possibly desire. The Mexican restaurant on the cove side was also amazing! Try the mayan coffee! It comes on fire!!
All the restaurants on the "spa" side did not allow you to make reservations and you had to wait at least an hour to get a table. And the quality wasn't as good as the "cove" side.
The Spa is absolutely amazing! No problems booking appointments! They have over 100 rooms and are open until 11 pm. The massages and chocolate wraps were excellent! Just a tip, I didn't really enjoy the aromatherapy with every treatment, it was overbearing so I just asked for no aromas and it was just perfect! If you want to leave a tip, just bring the cash with you and put it in your robe because after the therapist brings you back to the front you never see them again.
Carlos the server at the Sports Bar on the "cove" side was fantastic! So kind and sweet! Cesar the server at Vendanas was also great! There were also two awesome female breakfast cooks making customized eggs, waffles, pancakes and french toast to order. It's obvious that all these people enjoy their jobs and are very good at what they do!!
Another thing to note is just decide what kind of vacation you are looking for. If you want a vacation for a couple that is relaxing, quiet and the energy is just chill, book with the Cove Side!!
If you are looking to party, meet people and want the frenetic energy book with the Spa side!! While at the lounge on the "spa" side we also experienced a bar brawl between 3 elder men and a server. I don't know the details of what happened I just knew I didn't want to be around it!! But it was all good and got sorted out immediately. Kind of perfect timing for the band to start playing the Rehab song while the fight started!
All the workers are friendly and happy and we were glad we went!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Prestigia and Otel so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico