“ASP is Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aventura Spa Palace

Save Saved
You added Aventura Spa Palace to your Saves list
Aventura Spa Palace
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Janesville, Wisconsin
“ASP is Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just returned from the ASP yesterday, and we had an absolutely amazing time. I hope this review does not grow too lengthy, but we had a wonderful top notch trip and want to share it with everyone.

I will start with the positives...because that's all I have to say about this resort!!

1.) Food Excellent, we ate at the Steakhouse and the Pizza Place on the Cove side, both excellent, Service was prompt and we had a lot of fun with the staff who made both our meals very enjoyable. Other nights we ate at the Italian and Mexican places on the Spa side and again..top notch service and food, at the Mexican Place they server Mayan Coffee as an after dinner drink, very highly recommended!! Breakfast/Lunch buffets no complaints TONS of options and everything was very tasty, even moved the buffet inside for lunch one day because of the rain. One morning for the fun of it we had breakfast in the room, it was there and hot and ready to eat exactly when we were told it would be!

2.) Staff....amazing! From the time we arrived at the resort we were greeted with the up most hospitality. From the gentlemen getting our bags from the car to the shuttle transportation from Spa to Cove and back. There was not one single person on that resort that was not helpful in anyway they could be. Bartenders were great, drinks not crazy strong that you couldn't drink them, but they defiantly packed a punch. Aldo did our tequila tasting and worked the pool bar, AMAZING!! Edgar did the wine tasting and again second to none!! Finally the entertainment staff worked the tails off organizing everything from water aerobics to water polo and sand/water volleyball. They kept everything having fun and participating even on the rainy day we encountered.

3) Facilities were in great shape. With the conversion we heard alot of people say they have let stuff go, but we didn't see that at all. We had a lovely room, the restaurants were all clean, the pool spotless, everything was great.

4) Evening Shows were amazing, we were able to take in the Mexican Fiesta which brought in vendors and a variety of Mexican food for the tasting. They had performers and dancers alike that made the whole experience enjoyable. Another night we saw a Michael Jackson performer and a Circus ole type show, and all the performances again..Magnificent.

5) The Spa was wonderful as well, my wife and I both took in an item or two from the spa, and they were great. Prompt service clean and wonderful. Barbara did my massage very happy, my Wife had a facial and wrap and she was beyond impressed. Especially with the 1500 in resort credit don't pass up the opportunity to pamper yourself a bit.

6) Excersions....We did nothing that couldn't be paid for in resort credit. We had no trouble booking in advance our services, but we did Tulum which was amazing, the beach there alone was worth the 1/2 day trip from ASP. Also took in the dolphin swim that was only minutes down the road and an 8 USD cab ride one way there, also available with resort credit. Tequila & Wine tasting, great from season vets, but wonderful for noobs that don't know alot about either.

7) Resort Credits...book in advance or book immediately upon arrival. Everything was taken care of, and in the end with the trips, spa, and upgraded wine at dinner on our final night we spent nearly all our resort credit w/o a problem. Just keep in mind you only have to pay the 11% tax on what you use. So dont feel you HAVE to use it, but if you are considering doing a couple of the items included esp the SPA then you will have little problems using it up.

Over all a wonderful trip, the ASP has really out done themselves. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I look forward to visiting again after the HRR conversion. Oh one final thing. If you are traveling with 4-6 people, upgrade to the Limo service with Lomas Travel. Their shuttles run about 160-180 USDs but you can get the private limo for 255 USDs a very fun way to kick off your trip and to leave Mexico with a Bang! ENJOY!!

Room Tip: We were in the furthest building from the Lobby on the SPA side. It was quiet but a bit of a walk to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Jeremey B, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review, we are sure many future guests will benefit from it, it really sound like you have an amazing vacation at the Aventura Spa Palace! We are so pleased to learn that you had a great time and liked the food at our various restaurants and loved our facilities, evening shows and our staff service, they are really the soul of our resort. It is great that you took advantage of your resort Credits and took several tours and excursions and booked all of them in advance to enjoy all your vacations just relaxing and enjoying of the beautiful Riviera Maya, we can’t wait to welcome you again here at Aventura Spa Palace,

3,734 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Milton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having been in the hotel indusrty for over 15 years you notice things...I don't try to write bad reviews but, here are some things that might help you in your choice.

Remember in this day and age there should be no....Well it's a Mexican 5 star resort. All the resorts are owned by mega companies and if they want to put 5 star items at the resort they can. if they want to train workers in proper service they can....It's not what it was 25 years ago....So,

We paid for the Aventura Spa ( Adults Only)...The hotel put us in the family Aventura Cove stating this property is all the Aventura Spa... I said NO, didn't pay to have the kids in the play grouns outside my balcony.....After 1.5 days it was changed. You have to stand up for yourself, you paid the money so...get what you paid for.

If you like to take a nice long walk on the beach..You can't they don't have one. They have a man-made cove. What you see in the picture is what you get and it's about 5ft deep but, it's got fish. No para-sail, snorkle (off site), jet ski or marine sports...

They have members who buy time share weeks and they are treated different then us tourists. Better suites are given to them...ocean view can be upto 3 football fields away but, I can see it.

Property is to change into a Hard Rock Resort but, with no real time table for this and the resort does need some renovations now.

Food was very good to excellent in all restaurants. Wide choices, A La Cart has no revervations required as the dining rooms are open fron 6-11pm. Some say the steakhouse is the best it was ok don't have the beef???? All restaurtant with a La (in front of it) are smart causal dress with gents in long pants & collared shirts

Entertainment was ok...Michael Jackson show was the best

For the price range there are better in the same area Now Jade, in Dominican Majestic Colonial, in Jamaca, Rui Montego Bay

Hope this helps

Room Tip: Suite are a bit small in size due to the big whirlpool in the way, no sofa or tub chair to sit on in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Don L, thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and we also hope many future visitors find them helpful to choose our resort for their next vacations to the Riviera Maya. As you well stated, our Members have preferential treatment and service as part of their membership, for more details we recommend to visit our guest services team. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the entertainment, and our restaurant´s food excellent.
We look forward to welcome you in the future and make your next visit a wonderful memory here in Aventura Spa Palace.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place was beyond my expectations! I have a background in service and can be critical at times. There was nothing I could find to complain about. The service staff made me feel welcomed and safe. The rooms and resort over all were very clean and well appointed...not over the top but very nice. A perfect place for couples to kick back and relax or to party it up with other like minded people. Thanks to everyone at Aventura Spa Palace for making my stay AWESOME!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello Shaunalee B, we are very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you felt safe and welcomed and found exceptional service from our staff, even more knowing that is coming from an expert in service like yourself. Thank you for choosing us to give you an awesome vacation, we would love to welcome you again soon here at your favorite resort in the Riviera Maya: Aventura Spa Palace.
Moberly, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I loved the Adventura Spa Palace. We travel to the area allot and this was our first stay here and it will not be our last. The staff were wonderful. The food was the best and could not find any better in the US. I can not find the right words to say how much we love our 7 days here. The gounds, the beach and pool area were spotless and beautiful. The rooms were great, and kept clean. The spa was wonderful. Check in and out was very easy. Everyone was so helpful. A big thumbs up to this place.

Room Tip: Most all the rooms had a good view, they were big and the bar was well stocked.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Barry M, thank you for your very sweet review, we appreciate your excellent comments about your stay in our resort, it is reassuring to hear that you loved your stay and found our grounds spotless and well kept to please the eye. Thanks again and we hope we can welcome you again soon here to Aventura Spa Palace.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I just arrived home tonight after a wonder week in Mexico. We have been at many resorts over the years and have enjoyed them all but we think this past week at the Spa Palace is one of our best yet. The grounds are spotless and beautiful. The service was amazing. The spa is wonderful and well worth taking advantage of. All the bars and the bar attendants were very pleasant and helpful. I never once did not hear a welcome from the staff no matter what their role at the resort was. The mexican people are a kind and warm group and they deserve far more then they do for their efforts. I tipped everytime I had a chance as I know they do not make much for wages and yet they are so pleasant and wonderful.

We found the best food in the resort to be at the main buffet next to the pool. We ate at all the restaurants and found this to be our favorite. Our favorite bar was in the lobby at night. We met so many wonderful people and the bartenders were great.

Our room was on the third floor and ocean view. It was always clean and smelled good. No musty smell like others we have stayed at before. Sometimes a little noisy but not too bad.

Many buildings on the Cove side are under construction and it starts early in the am. Did not bother us as we were on other side. We walked each day around the entire resort and observed the construction when walking near there.

I highly recommend this resort and I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi LuvtotravMinnesota, Thank you very much for your wonderful review, we appreciate you mentioned the warmness and kindness that characterize Mexican people and the service that our staff always strive to provide to our valued guests. It is very reassuring to hear that you enjoyed the food at the buffet, your room´s view and cleanliness. Thank you for your highly recommending us to our future visitors and we hope we can see you again soon here at Aventura Spa Palace.
MONTMARTRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I absolutely loved this resort. I have been to quite a few in the past 10 years and this one is at the very top of my list.

I don't even know where to start...
The resort itself is huge! however, the rooms are located in such a way that you never feel like it takes forever to get back and forth. so much to do and see at this resort Truly is something for everyone. the staff are so friendly - no matter what their job title is. they all seem to really enjoy what they do. The food was incredible!!! we often chose to eat at the buffet over the a la carte's (which you never even needed reservations for, yet always were seated very quickly!) because the buffet food was equally as good and you are treated as if you are dining in a resteraunt as opposed to a buffet.
The spa was amazing. I had a relaxation massage and the papaya wrap. WOW!!!!!
The entertainment blew me away. Wasn't your typical cheesy shows that leave you yawning halfway through. Incredible world class entertainment!!

Thank you for giving an unforgettable vacation that was worth every penny!!

I will definitely recommend this place to everyone and am already trying to plan my return trip!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hi nikikiRegina_Sk, we appreciate your amazing review, we are happy hearing that you loved the resort and it´s layout and beautiful grounds, and that you enjoyed the buffet and indulge in our Spa with their relaxing treatments and massages. And definitely we thank you for recommending us and for enjoying your vacations so much and choosing Aventura Spa Palace to be your favorite resort in the Riviera Maya! We look forward to welcome you again and make your next visit an unforgettable memory.
Gainesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I are "Palace" members and have been for many years. This was not our first trip to Aventura Spa but it was our LAST! The property is beautiful and some of the staff (servers, etc.) are very nice and friendly, but there are obviously management issues, as there were many disgruntled guests and workers there (many of whom were vocal about their dissatisfaction). We made our reservations for ASP about 4 months ago, and I made several phone calls and wrote numerous e-mails to ensure that everything would go smoothly upon our arrival. It did NOT! I spent the first several days "arguing"--yes arguing with numerous people (everyone passed the buck) about the details of our reservations and those of the 2 other couples that we brought with us, and noone there cared at all! I don't think I ever saw an actual "manager" because the managers didn't want to deal with guests--they sent various people out to handle the messes. There is no benefit at all to being a "member" at ASP--not even a VIP member. Issues ranged from not so nice rooms, to no maid service for the first several days (without a specific call for them), to no washcloths and only 2 towels when you did get maid service, no refills on the shampoos, etc., very slow service in a la carte restaurants, mediocre mani/pedi, no robes on one occasion in the Spa, late service on Spa treatments, erroneous charges on one room bill, and horrible transportation arrangements back to the airport. There are plenty of maids--they were all over the hallways every morning talking and chatting with one another, unless there was a supervisor around--then they were quiet and efficient. My original room was on the end of the property and my view was a green fence (the property line) and tops of trees. They finally agreed to move us, and we were moved to the front of the same building (where we could at least see the water) after being asked to vacate one room at noon and then getting into our new room at 5 p.m. There was a gentlemen named Carlos (who said he was a "manager on duty") who at least listened to our complaints and did make us reservations in a couple of the restaurants a couple of evenings (his attempt to appease us until we got another room). Of course, he promised the room after the first day and it was delayed from Sat. until Mon. On the other hand, there was a man named Luis from "Guest Services" who was sent to help us with our transfer back to the airport. He was ridiculous--offering to let us take our own transportation (and pay for it) or to take our luggage separately--rather than offering us a vehicle that would accommodate all of our group as well as our luggage comfortably. On a positive note, when you did call about lack of towels/washcloths or room service etc., the phone staff was very courteous. Honestly, because we love Cancun and we enjoy traveling with our friends, we had a great time--but it was not because anyone at ASP cared at all. There were a few servers that we talked with that were (obviously) valuable "leftovers" from Palace Resorts, who were very helpful and friendly. Hard Rock/All Inclusive Collection has a long, long way to go to compete with Palace Resorts on every level! I would NEVER recomend Aventura Spa--the future Hard Rock Myan Riviera--to anyone who wants a truly exclusive, pampering and relaxing all-inclusive trip to Cancun!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello bradybunch13, thank you for your review, we appreciate you have shared your experience with us as it give us the opportunity to address your concerns, first of all please accept our heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; this is not the image we strive to portray at our Resort to our valued Members. As you may already know, we have been experiencing a continued high occupancy and also during your stay and this certainly restricted our ability to assign you a room that could be more of your satisfaction right away. In reference to the inconveniences you mentioned in your survey with housekeeping, and the room maintenance in general we have passed them to our Executive Housekeeper to reinforce procedures and supervision. It is our commitment to make our Members feel as they deserve and this is why we regret that you did not feel our warm service and our special treatment on your recent visit and we are saddened hearing that you would not recommend us, as our staff truly work hard to deliver excellent service and go out of their way to please our valued guests to make them feel at home and make them want to return.
We hope you can visit us again in the near future to enjoy of our improvements and feel the true VIP service here at to Aventura Spa Palace.

Been to Aventura Spa Palace? Share your experiences!