We just returned from the ASP yesterday, and we had an absolutely amazing time. I hope this review does not grow too lengthy, but we had a wonderful top notch trip and want to share it with everyone.
I will start with the positives...because that's all I have to say about this resort!!
1.) Food Excellent, we ate at the Steakhouse and the Pizza Place on the Cove side, both excellent, Service was prompt and we had a lot of fun with the staff who made both our meals very enjoyable. Other nights we ate at the Italian and Mexican places on the Spa side and again..top notch service and food, at the Mexican Place they server Mayan Coffee as an after dinner drink, very highly recommended!! Breakfast/Lunch buffets no complaints TONS of options and everything was very tasty, even moved the buffet inside for lunch one day because of the rain. One morning for the fun of it we had breakfast in the room, it was there and hot and ready to eat exactly when we were told it would be!
2.) Staff....amazing! From the time we arrived at the resort we were greeted with the up most hospitality. From the gentlemen getting our bags from the car to the shuttle transportation from Spa to Cove and back. There was not one single person on that resort that was not helpful in anyway they could be. Bartenders were great, drinks not crazy strong that you couldn't drink them, but they defiantly packed a punch. Aldo did our tequila tasting and worked the pool bar, AMAZING!! Edgar did the wine tasting and again second to none!! Finally the entertainment staff worked the tails off organizing everything from water aerobics to water polo and sand/water volleyball. They kept everything having fun and participating even on the rainy day we encountered.
3) Facilities were in great shape. With the conversion we heard alot of people say they have let stuff go, but we didn't see that at all. We had a lovely room, the restaurants were all clean, the pool spotless, everything was great.
4) Evening Shows were amazing, we were able to take in the Mexican Fiesta which brought in vendors and a variety of Mexican food for the tasting. They had performers and dancers alike that made the whole experience enjoyable. Another night we saw a Michael Jackson performer and a Circus ole type show, and all the performances again..Magnificent.
5) The Spa was wonderful as well, my wife and I both took in an item or two from the spa, and they were great. Prompt service clean and wonderful. Barbara did my massage very happy, my Wife had a facial and wrap and she was beyond impressed. Especially with the 1500 in resort credit don't pass up the opportunity to pamper yourself a bit.
6) Excersions....We did nothing that couldn't be paid for in resort credit. We had no trouble booking in advance our services, but we did Tulum which was amazing, the beach there alone was worth the 1/2 day trip from ASP. Also took in the dolphin swim that was only minutes down the road and an 8 USD cab ride one way there, also available with resort credit. Tequila & Wine tasting, great from season vets, but wonderful for noobs that don't know alot about either.
7) Resort Credits...book in advance or book immediately upon arrival. Everything was taken care of, and in the end with the trips, spa, and upgraded wine at dinner on our final night we spent nearly all our resort credit w/o a problem. Just keep in mind you only have to pay the 11% tax on what you use. So dont feel you HAVE to use it, but if you are considering doing a couple of the items included esp the SPA then you will have little problems using it up.
Over all a wonderful trip, the ASP has really out done themselves. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I look forward to visiting again after the HRR conversion. Oh one final thing. If you are traveling with 4-6 people, upgrade to the Limo service with Lomas Travel. Their shuttles run about 160-180 USDs but you can get the private limo for 255 USDs a very fun way to kick off your trip and to leave Mexico with a Bang! ENJOY!!
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Aventura Spa
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.