We have just returned from The Aventura, and overall, we were very pleased. I would actually give this resort a four and a half star rating if I could. The food at this resort was very good, especially the steak, pork chops and sausage from the BBQ grill just outside the buffet restaurant at lunchtime. There was a good variety with very good flavors at the buffet, and the a la carte restaurants were all very good. The only small criticism about the a la carte restaurants is that you can't reserve a time or table, which means that if you go at peak times, you have to wait anywhere from 20-60 minutes for a table, depending upon the size of your group. According to our friends, the room service is pretty good (we never used it). The drinks are very good, and there is a large variety of them to choose from.
As part of our booking, we had $1500 worth of resort credits, which I believe all guests receive. You simply have to pay 11% tax on the portion of the $1500 you use. I went for two spa treatments (one solo and one with my wife) and they were both excellent! It cost me $44 in "tax" for my wife and I to get an 80 minute relaxing couples massage, which was preceded by a hour hour visit to the hydrotherapy center, where you can go in a steam room, sauna, hot and cold tubs and showers. What a great deal!
The pools were very nice, with a choice of going to the very busy and louder main pool, or the somewhat quieter pool just around the corner. The only other small criticism I have concerns the pools. You have to get up very early in the morning (think 5-6 a.m.) to reserve a spot at the pool. What we noticed was that some people put their towels down, but don't show up for hours (if at all) to the spots they reserved. The hotel should either monitor this more closely, or have some kind of card system for towels so that people don't just leave their towels unattended for hours.
There is a sheltered lagoon with a man-made beach built around it. The water is very calm in this lagoon, and this was a good thing, as it was windy virtually our whole week there, so the lagoon was quite appreciated, as the waves crashing on the beach would have been pretty rough. If you are the beach type, then I would not recommend this resort. We knew this going in, and we were fine with this.
The rooms are fairly large, and have two person jetted bathtubs in them. The beds are fairly comfortable, the closet is large enough, and the safe is easy to use. The bathroom a good size and the shower is easily large enough for two people. The mini fridge is stocked with beer, pop and water, and there are four bottles of alcohol with dispensers in a cupboard. There is also a bottle of red wine provided in your room.
We went to this resort with two other couples, and we all agreed that we very much liked the resort and would probably return. For what we paid, this was an excellent value for an adults only resort with the services available. Apparently the Aventura will become part of the Hardrock chain, so I hope they don't change it too much, as a few minor tweaks would make this place worthy of a 5 "bubble" rating.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Aventura Spa
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.