Stayed at Aventura Spa Palace, Jan 29-Feb5th, 2013. Some of the negative comments are unjustified. Check-in for us was no problem, and our room was nice. The beds were very comfortable. Actually very soft, so I'm confused by the folks that say the beds were hard. The exterior areas of the resort could use some updating, however I understand that this will come with the transformation to Hard Rock. Asian Restaurant was our favourite, as well as the Mexican. Jorge at the Asian restaurant was fantastic. He was our server 3 times and was always friendly and attentive. The main pool and bar and cabana was closed for most of our stay, which really reduced the number of available lounge spaces.
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, I'm dissappointed that you only respond the the positive portions of the feedback on this site and do not address any of the critiques. You should be working harder to acknowledge the negative comments and let the readers know what (if anything) the resort plans on doing to resolve these issues.
I agree that the lounge chairs and towels need to be more closely monitored. People would save lounges before 7am and then never return, or they would save lounges in 3 different places so they could rotate throughout the day with the sun/shade. There is no towel control, meaning you can check out as many towels as you want, which means there is no incentive for people to retrieve the towels they use to save spots.
The resort NEEDS to invest in more side tables for the pool area. There is only about 1 table for every 20 lounges. There is also very little shade to be had. There were only about 6 umbrellas for the entire pool area. During our stay, one group of people had claimed 4 umbrellas and moved them all into a line along their lounges, so that left everyone else to fight for the remaining 2. Again, no controls at the resort over use of common items such as chairs, umbrellas, and tables.
We had no problems getting seated immediately at all of the a-la-carte restaurants. We arrived each night around 6pm.
The entertainment in the lobby each night was fantastic - certainly one of the highlights of our trip.
The free Wi-Fi all over the resort, including the pool and beach area was a nice perk. It was great to have the ability to go online, however also kind of sad to see everyone buried in their devices instead of enjoying the company they're with.
All in all, a great trip.
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, please start responding the the negative comments instead of just reaffirming the positive. You're the customer service manager, please start managing the customer service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Prestigia and Otel so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico