This resorts great…we stayed from Jan 31-March 7th and it was a great relaxing time.
The beds are kind of hard, but it was a nice room, cleaned daily, sometimes twice. There is a hammock on every balcony and it’s great to lie in. Room service was great, friendly and pretty quick. They also prefer that when you’re done with the dishes to call them, and they will come and get them rather than just leaving them outside your door…but either way no complaint.
The beach well..the lagoon….it’s pretty cool. The Myan isn’t known for its beaches anyhow, so they did a great job making it a fun place to swim in the ocean. No waves and a great place to snorkel.
We spent much of our time by the volleyball pool where there was always towels, drinks and entertainment from the staff. The swim up pool was closed due to the fact that the roof was being replaced…but whatever…maintance needs to be done sometimes, and we had to get drinks from one of the other dozen bars within 20 feet of it….really it was no big deal. I think the staff and management handled it just fine, but setting up a temp beach buffet with an open grill and food served most all day.
Yes people complain about the loungers, and I get up at 7am most times anyhow so I would go grab a lounger for my wife and myself. This is something that is done at every resort I have ever been at…so it’s not a surprise people!!! There were days where we wandered out at 10am, and still got chairs…so suck it up folks..you’re on vacation! After I got sun burnt, I had some issues getting a shady spot as the sun moves so quick….but whatever…that’s my biggest complaint..haha
If anything I had other guests complain to me because I beat them to their “regular” spot, and they felt I should move….
Breakfast and lunch buffets were pretty standard…nothing out of this world, but still great food…it’s a buffet..what do you expect?
Dinner….we loved the “La Hacienda” on the cove side, and the Japanese restaurant on the spa side the best. We tried the steakhouse on the cove side, and the service was kind of crappy, and the steak was tough….so we left, and went somewhere else…I mean hey, there’s tons of other places to eat!
The staff was excellent at the resort, all the bartenders were fun, and the entertainment staff did their best to keep people who wanted to be…busy…I can’t remember them all but I know jack, and Baxter were always up for jokes, and keeping the staff entertained. For the Superbowl, they opened up the convention centre, and played the game on big screens with lots of drinks and snacks….they didn’t have to do that, but lots of people seemed to enjoy it.
My only complaint was the lack of different activities…everyday it was aerobics, volleyball (water or beach) and trivia…. I tried the rock climbing wall….but I’ll be honest, I didn’t feel overly safe with the rusty equipment..haha, it would have been nice if there was pottery, or archery, or other games or activities to do a little out of the sun for those days when your sun burnt..but I was there to relax and relax I did.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Aventura Spa
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.