“Jan 30- Feb 6” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Save Saved
You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
40% OFF + $1800 CREDIT
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
ontario
“Jan 30- Feb 6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just my husband and myself when for the week for our anniversary. Our room was supposed to be upgraded however this did not happen. WE had a room on the mail floor 1545 with a hammock and double jacuzzi tub, I think all the rooms have this. It was a great room a bit loud in the mornings due to the carts going up and down the halls.
We stayed at the Spa Side the Cove side appreared to be empty.
No need to bring shampoo or conditioner they have larger bottles of Biolage very nice, along with a bottle of biolage body cream. Housecoats and slippers as well.
Also there is free out going calls to Canada and the USA..and it was free we made calls everyday. The wifi was good in our room and around the pools.
Room service is 24 hrs and its great a few times we ordered and it only toook 30 minutes.
The credits are great 1500 my husband went golfing almost everyday sunwing allows you to bring your own clubs for free on the airline however the others charge. Golf clubs are 50 to rent and a small bag of balls are 20. Everything else is free transportion food drinks, great deal. Yes you have to pay 11% on what credits you use but honestly I think everyone knows you get nothing for free! Its a great deal pay 165 for 1500 work of credits good deal in my books. We had the romantic dinner which was romanic however the steak and lobster were not soo good mignon was cooked like a roast in the oven so no medium rare! all well done... and the lobster was overcooked we had to scrape it out of the shell... but it was romantic!
WE had our pictures done I will attach some also used the credits pictures could not be photoshop. Credits can be used to have your hair washed and blown dry, I had an updo it cost me 67. Didnt use the spa.
Didnt see any of the shows we hung out at the lounge and meet lots of people.
Staff were very friendly throughout the resort.
Coffee and Mayan coffee are great. Lagoon is good for snorkeling and it is warm not very deep either. We used the kayaks it was a good time.
Pools are very cold not sure why they are so cold even at the end of the day they are freezing. We still swam in the pools but preferred the lagoons.
We spent the day in Xel-Ha it was great 99 per person for the whole day food and drinks included.
Restaurants were good really liked the steak house, Super Bowl Sunday they put on a huge spread 1400 people were there it was a great time!
We did have a good time however I wouldnt go back to this resort a second time. We were very disappointed that they dont do anything for anniversarys, they could learn a few things from the Majectic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Travelmate09, Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we are proud that you took advantage from the resort credits, there are many places to go and several things to do, Golf Tour is one of the most liked, also there are spa treatments, swimming with the dolphins, pyramid tours and dinners. We are famous by our Mayan coffee which is one of our specialties is good to know that you tasted. We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with our friendly and helpful service, every time our staff provided you with them best smile.
Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again in your next vacations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We spent one week and had an amazing time. We were a bit concerned after reading some negative comments but from the day of our arrival to our departure it was wonderful. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The food and service in all of the restaurants was excellent. We did miss a beach but the pool area is lovely. The one small downside was the spa tub in the room, it took up a lot of space and wasn't really practical or necessary. The spa facilities were great.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the sea!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Carolyn W, Thank you for your comments. Like you said before there are several restaurants to taste different flavors of course every time with a Mexican hint, there you´ll experience the mix for international and mexican food. We try to provide you the best service being friendly and helpful to pay attention to all of your needs.
Thank you for your comments. Hope you come back in your next vacations.
Best Regards
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I travelled Jan 19th to Jan 25th 2013. I went with my two sisters and my daughter, our yearly ladies trip it was awesome.
I am the person that searches for our yearly trips and read the reviews for months prior to booking. When I was searching for our trip the reviews on this resort were fantastic, we booked three months in advance, then the reviews went down hill from there, we were worried what we were going to get when we got to this hotel.
Let me start by saying we travel every year for many years and I can't understand how or why anybody could complain about this resort or the staff.
I lost a piece of luggage at the mexican airport, we left it just as you go through customs.
We spoke to our sunwing rep in the morning and he got on the phone to them with us waiting and told us that the airport will do some research and he will call us when he hears, much to my surprize we got a call the same day from our rep in our room, and they found the luggage, they said it would cost $65.00 Us to drive it to the resort and I told them we would pick it up at the airport on the way home, now that is SERVICE with a SMILE. It was there when we got there.

FOOD, very good at the Grill Snack bar at the pool, I buy the KEG burgers here in Toronto and I have to say that the burgers at the grill are very much like the Keg Burgers I get at Walmart yummy and I am a very fussy eater.

Breakfast Buffet- Awesome, omelettes made to order with egg or egg whites and they make it the way you ask for it, waffles are fatastic made fresh. The peach yogurt was great, you can get light yogurt or regular. Bacon was crisp just the way I like it, cream cheese was very good, fruits fresh. Take a boxed cereal to feed the fish in the lagoon.
Make a drink on the way out the door, they have Absolute Vodka and orange juice, and tomatoe juice so you can make your own drink on the way out, loved this start to the day.

Dinner Buffet- just as good they have the best fresh bread, a pasta station made to order so it is hot when you get it. They have a grill beside the pasta station and you can ask for steak, chicken, shrimp or fish, they will grill it for you there also hot and fresh.
Seafood, they have very large fresh shrimp and crab claws, and clams, also the soup was very good. I loved the coconut ice cream, after dinner, then you can ask for a maya coffee.

Restaurants- We ate in the Italian the first night it was fantastic we ordered four different meals so we could try 4 items, all were very good no complaints at all.
We ate at the Mexican the second night not very good at all service was not great and food was not good.
Steak House on the Cove side, was wonderful words can't explain again we ordered three different steaks and all were good and made the way you ask them to make it, my daughter is a vegetarian and her meal was also very good. Order the Mayan Coffee after dinner even if just for the show it was entertaining, but too sweet for me. We went to the steak house two nights in a row that is saying something.
Sushi- I did not go to that one but my sister and daughter went and liked it.
If you are a vegetarian you will be well taken care of lots of choices all over the resort I am sure my choleseral was through the roof after a week at this resort the guacamole is awesome, we ate it everyday with our french fries made to order at the grill.

Bars all fantatic if you want premium booze just ask they have it, but there brand is also very nice.
Take full advantage of the $1500 credits they offer you you will not regret it. I swam with the dolphins twice and it cost $14.28 each time as you only pay 11% taxes. and cab cost $7.00 each way well worth it, they ask for your name and room number when you leave the gates and when you get back so they can account for you it is very safe.
Spa treatments were a hit and miss, if you got an experienced person it was good if you got one in training then it was not as good, but all staff is new here and all doing a fantasic job.
I loved the fact that you could get $100.00 off silver and $300.00 off gold jewelery with your credits. I bought a silver ring with their stone mystic topaz for $80.00 Canadian and just love it, I am going to get the matching pendent when I go back.
STAFF FANTASTIC- they do not wait for tips at all but, when you tip they sure appreciate it.
Rooms very clean and nice.
Main Bar in lobby gives you chips and bbq and plain peanuts, this is also a nice touch.
ENTERTAINMENT- very good.
I can' wait till we go back and again don't understand why anybody could complain about this place. Next year it will be the Hard Rock Palace so might cost alot more money by then, so will take advantage and go back now.
Beach- no beach just a lagoon that is very cool to swim the undersea world.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi Cynthia M thank you very much, we appreciate your comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Our executive chef thinking in every taste has created culinary experiences for different tastes; we include steaks, seafood, pastas, Mexican food, snacks and overcoat vegetarian menus to enter in our gourmet sensation.
We take care of your entertainment providing you the resort credits that you can spend in many places, like the spa treatments that you took, excursions and dinners.

Again thank you very much for your comments.

Best Regards.
columbia mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were a party of 7 at aventura spa palace from January 31 to February 7, 2013. It was a fabulous time. Let me elaborate about our trip.

Superb - Spa services are always superb, but we all wished to comment on how wonderful treatments with Martha were. The juice bar was a welcome surprise that 2 of our number discovered early on, but alas, I only discovered 5 days into our week. The food was superb, as we have found it since 2005. The Chef's dinner was excellent from start to finish. The resort credit was great to have. especially with the availability to use 100% on spa services. Wifi connectivity was great at most parts of the resort. Pre booking with Leydi were very smoothly. Not sure if I would pre book more or less because there are some things that you just cannot find out until you are at the resort.

Good - when they assigned our three rooms, the had us close to one another, but not so close that we felt too close.. While I do understand that at Aventura Spa Palace, they vary the menu so that guests do not become bored, when one finds a special dish that bears repeating, it would be nice to find it again.. We have chased steak, for example from Playacar, to Moon and to Aventura and back. Many thanks to Daniela for all of her help.

Bad - The resort was at 50% occupancy and in one of our party's rooms, ground floor, at the end of Clarins, just across from El Greco (1504), between the noise of revelers coming home at midnight or later, and staff delivering glasses to the restaurant at 5am, there was not much sleep to be had. When asked to be moved, a better room was not forthcoming,.Also in 3 our of our four rooms the air conditioning was not great. . We had a 21st birthday for one of our party and were promised from day one that we would have a cake delivered on her birthday, while we were at the romantic dinner, The cake never appeared,

Vacation planners - working with them can be a trial when trying to coordinate a groups' activities, but Rolando went above and beyond to make everything flow smoothly. I was happy to learn that soon guests will be able to coordinate activities online,

Would I return to Aventiura? Yes, would I take a large group, probably not. Coordination was a bit difficult and I think I went to the vacation planners 4-5 times and one should visit when those nice people on day one, and just vacation the rest of your trip. That coordination is not at all the fault of anyone at aventura spa, had more to do with numbers in our group.

Room Tip: Our presidential at 1503 Arpa was stellar in every way, however 1504 clarins is a terrible room due...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi gwynneth13, thank you very much for sharing your experience with our readers. We are glad to know that you had a great time in our hotel, also is good to hear that we provided you with the best service, for sure we will let Marta, Leidy, Daniela and Rolando know that they were helpful and made your stay special; we actually have an incentive program for the staff members that our guest mentioned in their comments. We always pretend to accommodate groups together, is good to know that you had the chance.
Once again than you for your comments and we hope to see you in your next vacations.
Sincerely
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We spent a week at this resort starting on Jan 26, 2013. It was fabulous from start to finish! The customer service and kindness of the staff there was heartwearming!

Our room was in a perfect location .. not far from anything. Featuring a huge 2 person jacuzzi tub that was lovely. I do have two small critiques ... it is showing its age a bit so a bit of paint may help in the meantime (mildew looking in one spot on the bathroom ceiling) and our king size bed was made with 2 queen size sheets. We kept moving the 'line' it made so we didnt have to sleep on it lol.

I dont know which resturant I would call my favorite because they were all so good! You MUST try the Mayan Coffee!! Thank you to the server in the oriental a la carte who put on a fantastic show!! The service was excellent everywhere!! Props goes out to the lovely lady who served drinks at dinner in the buffet resturant. We witnessed some extreamly bad mannered guests that I was ashamed of. They treated her terribly! She handled their rudness with such quiet control and maintained her friendly composure thru the whole thing. I am so sorry that I cannot remember her name but I truly do hope she got our little extra tip we left her :)

We had excellent service with our planner Alexjandro who helped us thru all the steps of booking and using our resort credits! Thank you sir! The Tulum excursion was fantastic! A huge thank you goes out to our guide Eric! Your knowledge and passion of the area was evident and was wonderful to listen too! We did an extra excurstion of deep sea fishing and was pleased to be able to catch several wonderful species of fish. Topping it off with a 25lb Wahoo!

The spa was lovely. As a frequent spa user, I do have a few critiques though. It would be beneficial if someone walked you thru where to go and what to do from the start to meeting your therapist. Including the water therapy session. Please make sure your therapists know to always end a massage with your feet ... do not start a massage there! Perhaps take a look at your infection control protocols to make sure your meeting a higher than average standard too. That level of cleanliness is what makes a spa wonderful ... as well as the therapists skills. Being able to use the resort credits for this feature was wonderful!

The entertainment! Wow this was an unexpected feature. You guys do a fantastic job!! The staff do a great job! Thanks Baxter!! Winning that bottle of tequila was alot of fun! :) The circus, fireshow, mexican fiesta oh just everything was done so well and was truly appreciated. We also loved hearing the live bands in the afternoon by the pool and in the lobby. We truly enjoyed the snorkeling tour as well.

Please please please!! Keep the Monkey tour! Keep the monkeys where they are! What a unique and wonderful feature!

The other things I appreciated was ... NO BRACELETS!!! YAY!! Lots of towels, Lots of loungers (sometimes you had to search for one but they would bring you one too if needed)

Oh yes ... the romantic dinner ... we took advantage of this experience and wow ... it was worth it just to hear the Ewi being played! It was well worth the 11%!

All in all we had a fantastic experience and highly recommend this resort. Please remember if you are looking for a white sand beach .. this is not the resort for you. But the snorkeling was so much fun in the cove!

Room Tip: This is a big resort ... as for a room close to the lobby for quicker acess to everything.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hi B B, thank very much for sharing your experience here in our resort. We are very glad to know that you spent a great time during your stay, we have jacuzzi in our rooms to make funnier our guest stay is good to know that you took advantage for this. We work hard innovating shows and activities with the entertainment team it is a pleasure that you were comfortable with that service. We are very happy to know that our staff provided you with the excellent service our dear guests deserve and have come to expect from us, we will let Alejandro and Baxter know that you are satisfied with their service.
Once again thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again in your next vacations.
Best Regards
South Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The resort was Gr8 , but don't go if you're only looking at the resort credit. First , there is NO room upgrades available . Second , Wet-N-Wild is no longer on the list . Third , there is nothing in the jewerly shops for $300.00 gold , or $100.00 silver , those SALE items , not included for that special. And , if you don't golf , you better like to spend your time at the spa , the ruins , or swimming with the dolphins . Oh yeah , there is also a 11 % TAX , on any resort money you spend .So , as you can see , not ALL it's cracked up to be . But , as I said the resort is GR8 , with the exception on not having a beach , it was more like a cove .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Chris W, thank you for sharing your comments, we are concerned about your experience. We regret any misinformation regarding the resort credits. Resort Credit to be used towards room upgrades (subject to availability), tours, spa, beauty salon treatments, golf outings, select Colin Cowie Wedding Collections**, upgraded wine selection, and much more, is noteworthy to mention that Resort Credits is an extra bonus that we provide to our valued guests and could be apply under our terms and conditions.
Thank you again for your comments.
We hope to see you again in your next vacations. Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent the last 2 weeks in Jan 2013 at this resort for our honeymoon. Both my wife and enjoyed the most relaxing holiday which exceeded our expectations! The staff were always willing to assist us and we felt everyone made a conscious effort to make our experience most relaxing. Two weeks was perfect to enjoy everything this resort offered. We found we were able to enjoy our favourite restaurants a few times. One week would not have been enough time.
We used the majority of our resort credits towards the Spa which was beyond words to describe. Everything about the Spa has been designed for therapeutic tranquility, especially the hydrotherapy area.
Yes, the 11% tax will be charged to your room at the end of your stay when you use the resort credit. However, our resort credit representative, Delia, highlighted the cost to us on each page ensuring we did not have any surprises. I have yet to find another place which will offer two 50 minute massages for $24 taking the resort credit into consideration!
The selection of restaurants completely satisfied our tastes. We also took full advantage of room service on mulitple occasions.
Aventura does not have a beach, however, the resort offers a shuttle which can take you to a beach - using resort credits - or a quick cab ride to Playa can satisfy beach desires.
We would recommend heading over to the Cove side for the swimming pool as the pool is quite a bit bigger.
We read several negative reviews of this resort prior to booking our stay. We could not figure out which resort the other reviewers were talking about as we enjoyed complete pampering and luxury at Aventura Spa.
If you are planning your honeymoon, you have found the perfect oasis with Aventura Spa. We would go back in a heartbeat and are already saving for our next snow getaway!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello nsure K, thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are very happy to hear that you spent a good time at your honeymoon in our resort. We have different ways to take advantage from the resort credits like you did. You can go to a spa treatment, go to a tour, swim with the dolphins, go for a special dinner and more. We are glad that you are satisfied with the service that we provided you and specially that you were able to turn moments into wonderful memories.
Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again the next summer.
Respectfully yours.

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!