“Excellent Resort I am returning March 2nd 2013 with my Husband to celebrate our 30th Anniversary.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Special Price
35% OFF YOUR STAY
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I travelled Jan 19th to Jan 25th 2013. I went with my two sisters and my daughter, our yearly ladies trip it was awesome.
I am the person that searches for our yearly trips and read the reviews for months prior to booking. When I was searching for our trip the reviews on this resort were fantastic, we booked three months in advance, then the reviews went down hill from there, we were worried what we were going to get when we got to this hotel.
Let me start by saying we travel every year for many years and I can't understand how or why anybody could complain about this resort or the staff.
I lost a piece of luggage at the mexican airport, we left it just as you go through customs.
We spoke to our sunwing rep in the morning and he got on the phone to them with us waiting and told us that the airport will do some research and he will call us when he hears, much to my surprize we got a call the same day from our rep in our room, and they found the luggage, they said it would cost $65.00 Us to drive it to the resort and I told them we would pick it up at the airport on the way home, now that is SERVICE with a SMILE. It was there when we got there.

FOOD, very good at the Grill Snack bar at the pool, I buy the KEG burgers here in Toronto and I have to say that the burgers at the grill are very much like the Keg Burgers I get at Walmart yummy and I am a very fussy eater.

Breakfast Buffet- Awesome, omelettes made to order with egg or egg whites and they make it the way you ask for it, waffles are fatastic made fresh. The peach yogurt was great, you can get light yogurt or regular. Bacon was crisp just the way I like it, cream cheese was very good, fruits fresh. Take a boxed cereal to feed the fish in the lagoon.
Make a drink on the way out the door, they have Absolute Vodka and orange juice, and tomatoe juice so you can make your own drink on the way out, loved this start to the day.

Dinner Buffet- just as good they have the best fresh bread, a pasta station made to order so it is hot when you get it. They have a grill beside the pasta station and you can ask for steak, chicken, shrimp or fish, they will grill it for you there also hot and fresh.
Seafood, they have very large fresh shrimp and crab claws, and clams, also the soup was very good. I loved the coconut ice cream, after dinner, then you can ask for a maya coffee.

Restaurants- We ate in the Italian the first night it was fantastic we ordered four different meals so we could try 4 items, all were very good no complaints at all.
We ate at the Mexican the second night not very good at all service was not great and food was not good.
Steak House on the Cove side, was wonderful words can't explain again we ordered three different steaks and all were good and made the way you ask them to make it, my daughter is a vegetarian and her meal was also very good. Order the Mayan Coffee after dinner even if just for the show it was entertaining, but too sweet for me. We went to the steak house two nights in a row that is saying something.
Sushi- I did not go to that one but my sister and daughter went and liked it.
If you are a vegetarian you will be well taken care of lots of choices all over the resort I am sure my choleseral was through the roof after a week at this resort the guacamole is awesome, we ate it everyday with our french fries made to order at the grill.

Bars all fantatic if you want premium booze just ask they have it, but there brand is also very nice.
Take full advantage of the $1500 credits they offer you you will not regret it. I swam with the dolphins twice and it cost $14.28 each time as you only pay 11% taxes. and cab cost $7.00 each way well worth it, they ask for your name and room number when you leave the gates and when you get back so they can account for you it is very safe.
Spa treatments were a hit and miss, if you got an experienced person it was good if you got one in training then it was not as good, but all staff is new here and all doing a fantasic job.
I loved the fact that you could get $100.00 off silver and $300.00 off gold jewelery with your credits. I bought a silver ring with their stone mystic topaz for $80.00 Canadian and just love it, I am going to get the matching pendent when I go back.
STAFF FANTASTIC- they do not wait for tips at all but, when you tip they sure appreciate it.
Rooms very clean and nice.
Main Bar in lobby gives you chips and bbq and plain peanuts, this is also a nice touch.
ENTERTAINMENT- very good.
I can' wait till we go back and again don't understand why anybody could complain about this place. Next year it will be the Hard Rock Palace so might cost alot more money by then, so will take advantage and go back now.
Beach- no beach just a lagoon that is very cool to swim the undersea world.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi Cynthia M thank you very much, we appreciate your comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Our executive chef thinking in every taste has created culinary experiences for different tastes; we include steaks, seafood, pastas, Mexican food, snacks and overcoat vegetarian menus to enter in our gourmet sensation.
We take care of your entertainment providing you the resort credits that you can spend in many places, like the spa treatments that you took, excursions and dinners.

Again thank you very much for your comments.

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
columbia mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were a party of 7 at aventura spa palace from January 31 to February 7, 2013. It was a fabulous time. Let me elaborate about our trip.

Superb - Spa services are always superb, but we all wished to comment on how wonderful treatments with Martha were. The juice bar was a welcome surprise that 2 of our number discovered early on, but alas, I only discovered 5 days into our week. The food was superb, as we have found it since 2005. The Chef's dinner was excellent from start to finish. The resort credit was great to have. especially with the availability to use 100% on spa services. Wifi connectivity was great at most parts of the resort. Pre booking with Leydi were very smoothly. Not sure if I would pre book more or less because there are some things that you just cannot find out until you are at the resort.

Good - when they assigned our three rooms, the had us close to one another, but not so close that we felt too close.. While I do understand that at Aventura Spa Palace, they vary the menu so that guests do not become bored, when one finds a special dish that bears repeating, it would be nice to find it again.. We have chased steak, for example from Playacar, to Moon and to Aventura and back. Many thanks to Daniela for all of her help.

Bad - The resort was at 50% occupancy and in one of our party's rooms, ground floor, at the end of Clarins, just across from El Greco (1504), between the noise of revelers coming home at midnight or later, and staff delivering glasses to the restaurant at 5am, there was not much sleep to be had. When asked to be moved, a better room was not forthcoming,.Also in 3 our of our four rooms the air conditioning was not great. . We had a 21st birthday for one of our party and were promised from day one that we would have a cake delivered on her birthday, while we were at the romantic dinner, The cake never appeared,

Vacation planners - working with them can be a trial when trying to coordinate a groups' activities, but Rolando went above and beyond to make everything flow smoothly. I was happy to learn that soon guests will be able to coordinate activities online,

Would I return to Aventiura? Yes, would I take a large group, probably not. Coordination was a bit difficult and I think I went to the vacation planners 4-5 times and one should visit when those nice people on day one, and just vacation the rest of your trip. That coordination is not at all the fault of anyone at aventura spa, had more to do with numbers in our group.

Room Tip: Our presidential at 1503 Arpa was stellar in every way, however 1504 clarins is a terrible room due...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi gwynneth13, thank you very much for sharing your experience with our readers. We are glad to know that you had a great time in our hotel, also is good to hear that we provided you with the best service, for sure we will let Marta, Leidy, Daniela and Rolando know that they were helpful and made your stay special; we actually have an incentive program for the staff members that our guest mentioned in their comments. We always pretend to accommodate groups together, is good to know that you had the chance.
Once again than you for your comments and we hope to see you in your next vacations.
Sincerely
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We spent a week at this resort starting on Jan 26, 2013. It was fabulous from start to finish! The customer service and kindness of the staff there was heartwearming!

Our room was in a perfect location .. not far from anything. Featuring a huge 2 person jacuzzi tub that was lovely. I do have two small critiques ... it is showing its age a bit so a bit of paint may help in the meantime (mildew looking in one spot on the bathroom ceiling) and our king size bed was made with 2 queen size sheets. We kept moving the 'line' it made so we didnt have to sleep on it lol.

I dont know which resturant I would call my favorite because they were all so good! You MUST try the Mayan Coffee!! Thank you to the server in the oriental a la carte who put on a fantastic show!! The service was excellent everywhere!! Props goes out to the lovely lady who served drinks at dinner in the buffet resturant. We witnessed some extreamly bad mannered guests that I was ashamed of. They treated her terribly! She handled their rudness with such quiet control and maintained her friendly composure thru the whole thing. I am so sorry that I cannot remember her name but I truly do hope she got our little extra tip we left her :)

We had excellent service with our planner Alexjandro who helped us thru all the steps of booking and using our resort credits! Thank you sir! The Tulum excursion was fantastic! A huge thank you goes out to our guide Eric! Your knowledge and passion of the area was evident and was wonderful to listen too! We did an extra excurstion of deep sea fishing and was pleased to be able to catch several wonderful species of fish. Topping it off with a 25lb Wahoo!

The spa was lovely. As a frequent spa user, I do have a few critiques though. It would be beneficial if someone walked you thru where to go and what to do from the start to meeting your therapist. Including the water therapy session. Please make sure your therapists know to always end a massage with your feet ... do not start a massage there! Perhaps take a look at your infection control protocols to make sure your meeting a higher than average standard too. That level of cleanliness is what makes a spa wonderful ... as well as the therapists skills. Being able to use the resort credits for this feature was wonderful!

The entertainment! Wow this was an unexpected feature. You guys do a fantastic job!! The staff do a great job! Thanks Baxter!! Winning that bottle of tequila was alot of fun! :) The circus, fireshow, mexican fiesta oh just everything was done so well and was truly appreciated. We also loved hearing the live bands in the afternoon by the pool and in the lobby. We truly enjoyed the snorkeling tour as well.

Please please please!! Keep the Monkey tour! Keep the monkeys where they are! What a unique and wonderful feature!

The other things I appreciated was ... NO BRACELETS!!! YAY!! Lots of towels, Lots of loungers (sometimes you had to search for one but they would bring you one too if needed)

Oh yes ... the romantic dinner ... we took advantage of this experience and wow ... it was worth it just to hear the Ewi being played! It was well worth the 11%!

All in all we had a fantastic experience and highly recommend this resort. Please remember if you are looking for a white sand beach .. this is not the resort for you. But the snorkeling was so much fun in the cove!

Room Tip: This is a big resort ... as for a room close to the lobby for quicker acess to everything.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hi B B, thank very much for sharing your experience here in our resort. We are very glad to know that you spent a great time during your stay, we have jacuzzi in our rooms to make funnier our guest stay is good to know that you took advantage for this. We work hard innovating shows and activities with the entertainment team it is a pleasure that you were comfortable with that service. We are very happy to know that our staff provided you with the excellent service our dear guests deserve and have come to expect from us, we will let Alejandro and Baxter know that you are satisfied with their service.
Once again thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again in your next vacations.
Best Regards
South Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The resort was Gr8 , but don't go if you're only looking at the resort credit. First , there is NO room upgrades available . Second , Wet-N-Wild is no longer on the list . Third , there is nothing in the jewerly shops for $300.00 gold , or $100.00 silver , those SALE items , not included for that special. And , if you don't golf , you better like to spend your time at the spa , the ruins , or swimming with the dolphins . Oh yeah , there is also a 11 % TAX , on any resort money you spend .So , as you can see , not ALL it's cracked up to be . But , as I said the resort is GR8 , with the exception on not having a beach , it was more like a cove .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Chris W, thank you for sharing your comments, we are concerned about your experience. We regret any misinformation regarding the resort credits. Resort Credit to be used towards room upgrades (subject to availability), tours, spa, beauty salon treatments, golf outings, select Colin Cowie Wedding Collections**, upgraded wine selection, and much more, is noteworthy to mention that Resort Credits is an extra bonus that we provide to our valued guests and could be apply under our terms and conditions.
Thank you again for your comments.
We hope to see you again in your next vacations. Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent the last 2 weeks in Jan 2013 at this resort for our honeymoon. Both my wife and enjoyed the most relaxing holiday which exceeded our expectations! The staff were always willing to assist us and we felt everyone made a conscious effort to make our experience most relaxing. Two weeks was perfect to enjoy everything this resort offered. We found we were able to enjoy our favourite restaurants a few times. One week would not have been enough time.
We used the majority of our resort credits towards the Spa which was beyond words to describe. Everything about the Spa has been designed for therapeutic tranquility, especially the hydrotherapy area.
Yes, the 11% tax will be charged to your room at the end of your stay when you use the resort credit. However, our resort credit representative, Delia, highlighted the cost to us on each page ensuring we did not have any surprises. I have yet to find another place which will offer two 50 minute massages for $24 taking the resort credit into consideration!
The selection of restaurants completely satisfied our tastes. We also took full advantage of room service on mulitple occasions.
Aventura does not have a beach, however, the resort offers a shuttle which can take you to a beach - using resort credits - or a quick cab ride to Playa can satisfy beach desires.
We would recommend heading over to the Cove side for the swimming pool as the pool is quite a bit bigger.
We read several negative reviews of this resort prior to booking our stay. We could not figure out which resort the other reviewers were talking about as we enjoyed complete pampering and luxury at Aventura Spa.
If you are planning your honeymoon, you have found the perfect oasis with Aventura Spa. We would go back in a heartbeat and are already saving for our next snow getaway!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello nsure K, thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are very happy to hear that you spent a good time at your honeymoon in our resort. We have different ways to take advantage from the resort credits like you did. You can go to a spa treatment, go to a tour, swim with the dolphins, go for a special dinner and more. We are glad that you are satisfied with the service that we provided you and specially that you were able to turn moments into wonderful memories.
Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again the next summer.
Respectfully yours.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would like to start of saying we had an amazing vacation. My husband and I arrived at the resort from Jan 28-Feb 4/13. I was very nervous attending this resort after reading some very negative reviews on this site, we almost changed our reservation, I am so thankful our travel agent encouraged us to go in with an open mind. Great advice!!!!

Our flight was 1 hr delayed related to the massive snow storm and the plane needed to be de iced. We arrived in Cancun and our bus connection to the resort was there ready and waiting. The ride is 1 hour from the airport. Our check in was less then 10mins, the front desk staff gave us all the details we required and then we were ushered to our room that was completely ready ( no wait time at all). It was clean and bright with all the needed ammenities. We had a king sized bed and wonderful view.

The food was good to excellent, depending on your taste. I think after a while most people tired of rich foods, some of us over indulge a bit to much. We have to remember they prepare food that may taste different then what we are used to. The drinks were wonderful.

We used our whole $1500.00 credit on spa treatments, we had facials, massages, salt scrubs, wraps and pedicures. We really treated this like a luxury as we don't do this at home on the regular. ( Know that you pay a 11% tax on your services). The spa prices are inflatted for sure, however we look at it as a treat we wouldn't normally do. Many couples we met went golfing or day excursions.

The staff were polite, and kind. Always smiling and saying hello. We stayed at the adult only side, however ventured to the cove as they have a lovely coffee/sweets bar. I am pretty happy with the coffee no Tims but pretty tastey.

Only complaint is seating around the beach or pool. My hubby set the alarm at 630am every morning to get the perfect spot. Most lounge chairs were gone by 830-900am. He just took a t shirt and towel and drapped it on the chairs. No one stole the chairs as someone in a previous post stated. Lots of seaguls around when you are eating, more so when people brought food to the beach area or pool. Other then that no concerns.

Suggestion have your own opinion, you will make a trip what you will. Sure there are things to complain about and we had our own little grumbles, however we had an amazing time, met some great people and would go there again.

Chris and Katherine

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view on the 3rd floor, the view is spectacular. Ask for extra pillows up front as t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Katherine M ,Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We always want to show you a kind and helpful image of our staff, providing you with an excellent service.
We want to make you feel welcome since your arrival, now that we got it, we feel satisfied with the image that you took from our resort.
We include food, beverages and amenities to offer you a better service.

Once again thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience.

Best Regards
Yoho National Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Excellent hotel thank you all for your attention and delicious food, I hope to return very soon, was the best thing that happened in Mexico. Alonso thanks for the massage, was one of the best and recieved I hope you keep your positive attitude.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello melissa352, thank you for taking your time and write your reviews, we appreciate you mentioned Alonso we are sure he made the best for you during your stay they will be happy to hear your kind comments. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service that we provided you.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in Mexico.
Sincerely

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!