I would like to start of saying we had an amazing vacation. My husband and I arrived at the resort from Jan 28-Feb 4/13. I was very nervous attending this resort after reading some very negative reviews on this site, we almost changed our reservation, I am so thankful our travel agent encouraged us to go in with an open mind. Great advice!!!!
Our flight was 1 hr delayed related to the massive snow storm and the plane needed to be de iced. We arrived in Cancun and our bus connection to the resort was there ready and waiting. The ride is 1 hour from the airport. Our check in was less then 10mins, the front desk staff gave us all the details we required and then we were ushered to our room that was completely ready ( no wait time at all). It was clean and bright with all the needed ammenities. We had a king sized bed and wonderful view.
The food was good to excellent, depending on your taste. I think after a while most people tired of rich foods, some of us over indulge a bit to much. We have to remember they prepare food that may taste different then what we are used to. The drinks were wonderful.
We used our whole $1500.00 credit on spa treatments, we had facials, massages, salt scrubs, wraps and pedicures. We really treated this like a luxury as we don't do this at home on the regular. ( Know that you pay a 11% tax on your services). The spa prices are inflatted for sure, however we look at it as a treat we wouldn't normally do. Many couples we met went golfing or day excursions.
The staff were polite, and kind. Always smiling and saying hello. We stayed at the adult only side, however ventured to the cove as they have a lovely coffee/sweets bar. I am pretty happy with the coffee no Tims but pretty tastey.
Only complaint is seating around the beach or pool. My hubby set the alarm at 630am every morning to get the perfect spot. Most lounge chairs were gone by 830-900am. He just took a t shirt and towel and drapped it on the chairs. No one stole the chairs as someone in a previous post stated. Lots of seaguls around when you are eating, more so when people brought food to the beach area or pool. Other then that no concerns.
Suggestion have your own opinion, you will make a trip what you will. Sure there are things to complain about and we had our own little grumbles, however we had an amazing time, met some great people and would go there again.
Chris and Katherine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico