My wife and I chose this resort spontaneously at the last minute and a great choice it was. The resort is huge and very upscale with a beautiful landscape. It is so calm and layed back with the majority of the clientele being an older crowd.
The suites are very comfortable and equipped with jacuzzis, mini-bars, bath robes, bedroom slippers, large showers, and hammocks on the patios/balconies. Wildlife roams freely throughout the property including monkeys.
The various restaurants were enjoyable as was the buffet. There was an assortment of foods to satisfy different taste buds. The mojitos were very nice. They also have a great staff. Friendly is an under statement. I wish I would have brushed up on my Spanish though. Good communication makes for a solid foundation.
Now, for the spa,...whoa! We loved it! Deep tissue, Relaxation, Marine Bath,...awesome! Very therapuetic. They know how to do it. They will have you convinced that it's not just their job but they actually do care....LOL! The aqua therapy...great! I feel like a new man, well, somewhat.
The estuary, it was different but cool overall. It was home to some nicely sized fish who are very spoiled by us patrons. As soon as you enter the water the fish are not far off. Within seconds here they come looking for nourishment. The only things that were a takeaway for us is the very shallow water level and the waters cloudiness caused by its brackish state. The pool is fed by a fresh water stream also. It made the wonders of snorkeling suffer greatly. Some areas around the gazebo walls were around five to five and a half feet deep with some interesting sea life to witness due to the walls being constructed of large stones. You know fish, they love shelter. The estuary houses an occasional octopus, a moray eel, rock fish that blend with the walls, and schools of different fish that do not approach the swimmers. You can also flip the rocks while snorkeling to discover starfish and crabs. So there is still much to see despite the clearity issues.
This resort is definitely one to repeat. Unfortunately, Aventura Spa Palace is being converted to Hard Rock Cafe by October '13. Well, I don't party. When I vacate, my business is relaxing. So, we just have to see how this one plays out Trip Advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico