“Aventura Spa Palace- Riviera Maya” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Save Saved
You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Toronto, Canada
“Aventura Spa Palace- Riviera Maya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went twice in 2012 - in October with my girlfriend, and then my family of 6 in December. The resort is very beautfiul and the people are nice BUT two reoccuring problems on both visits:
1) Check-in both times was an ordeal that last 6 hours or more to finally get the requested room- they get the room wrong, type of bed wrong. and then they keep asking you to come back to the front desk "in one hour" up to 4 or 5 times. What a waste of a first day.
2) Eating at the many fine restaurants is a problem between 5 and 9 if you are not a time share member or a honeymooner. They don't take reservations, and they will turn you away - even though there are many empty tables, If you show up at 7 - they say come back in two hours, and then you miss the show. I don't appreciate being treated like a second class guest because i am a time share member and I have paid full price for my vacation.
It's too bad because the place is beautiful - but I won't be going back because of the big service issues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Xavier V, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Ruth713

We are glad that you liked our resort, we are very sorry for the trouble that you had at check in the service that you got is unacceptable and we have already implemented changes at our front desk and at our reservation department including increasing our staff to deal with these issues that happened due to the very high occupancy at the resort.

We are committed to keep the level of service that we always have been known for and we are confident that the changes that we implemented plus our partnership with HardRock will help us through this transition period without causing any inconveniences to our Guests.
We at the Aventura Spa Palace we hope you give us the opportunity to host you again here in Mexico or the Dominican Republic.

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Whitecourt, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Aventura Spa Palace from January 10-17. We had a great time. I am not sure what the negative reviews are all about regarding service at this resort, because we had fantastic, friendly, attentive service from every employee we encountered.
The food was very good at all the restaurants (we enjoyed the steak house at The Cove the most). All buffets had a great variety.
We used our credits for massages etc. at the Spa. The level of service there could not be better !
The only negative thing I could say was about most of the loungers being reserved before the sun came up, but we always found some close to the action.
I loved our time there, the staff were the hardest working, friendliest people I have ever met.
We will be back for sure.

Dear Dave S.

We are very glad that you enjoy your stay at the Aventura Spa Palace. We are happy that you did not listen to the bad reviews and came to experience by yourself what we are really all about especially our great food and our great service. We are aware about the chairs at the pool being reserved early on and we have already increased the number of chairs that are available to our guest. We hope you come back soon here to the Aventura Spa Palace.

Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I would love to be writing a glowing review of our trip this past fall, but instead I am writing greatly disappointed with the customer service, or lack of customer service, I've received from the booking staff.

After our second stay at Aventura Spa my fiancé and I decided to become members, and returned home with glowing reviews to our friends, family and coworkers. A coworker of mine as a result was interested in going for a week based on our experience and my recommendation, I offered to gift her a week so they could experience the resort as members.

In the beginning of January she visited the website and saw a rate available that she was happy with and asked me to verify the rate and set the week for her. My fiancé called that evening for me to verify the price and was quoted a higher price over the phone, a difference of $400. My fiancé was unaware of the online offer so he let me know. Confused I asked my coworker to verify the price again and gave her the phone number and my member number to call and talk to someone.

She verified the price online again and called herself, she was then quoted two different prices by two different people, one gentleman being quite rude about it informing her that members receive extra but was not able to explain to her the items she would be receiving that made the cost increase understandable. These prices were $400-600 more than the price available on the website to non-members.

Confused I emailed Rosy Ricalde, on January 8th, whose email is listed on the Legendary website to inquire about the price difference figuring it was a simple mistake. I would have called but I've had severe bronchitis for most of January so I had issues speaking and figured and email would be easier.

I received no response.

6 days later, on January 14th I emailed Mariana Ponce, who I had emailed with after our vacation in September to provide my feedback.

It is now January 18th and I've yet to receive a single response from either Rosy or Mariana. Not even an automatic email to let me know my email was received or to notify me if they were unavailable.

As a result my coworker has decided to book elsewhere and I have lost out on a chance to earn a celebrity week I was planning to gift to my mother. I am also left with egg on my face after speaking so highly of the resort and its staff.

So I advise highly for others to avoid dealing with Aventura until they manage to finish sorting out the split with Legendary. I know I am personally starting to regret my membership and wondering if I have been ripped off as this is not the service I came to expect from Palace staff.

Perhaps if I deny payment on our credit card someone might finally contact me.

This is definitely disappointing considering how wonderful the hotel is and the hotel staffs are generally incredibly accommodating. We had a great time on our trip and were happily looking forward to returning this year with family. We heard many great things about the switch to Hard Rock and now I and left feeling that it was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

One positive thing I can say, if you stay and happen to go to the Hacienda restaurant, personally my favorite, ask for Javier. He was an amazing waiter and we came back a second night and asked for him specifically. He really went out of his way to ensure we had a wonderful dinner. My one star below for service is definitely not a reflection of the staff working at the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

after being booked for two months we got to the hotel only to be told there was no reservation. we wasted 7 hours while the front desk tried to downgrade our booking. the person at the front desk was rude and not very helpful at all. finally after speaking with the manager we got our rooms and after the terrible first day the rest of the week was great. the staff were wonderful and always there to assist. there is plenty to do while you are there and the food was great. i hope they take a good hard look at some of their reservation people and get rid of the bad apples. other than that a great trip.

Room Tip: this is a huge hotel and even with an ocean view it might be good or you can barely see the ocean so...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear William k

We apologize for the inconveniences that you had at check in, but we are glad that the issue got resolved and that you end up having a great vacation.
We have shared your comments with the front desk manager directly. We are very happy that you got a great service by our friendly staff and that you love the food at the resort and with the changes that we already implemented in our front desk we hope you come back soon and give us the opportunity to host you again here at the Aventura Spa Palace.

Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Like others, we read bad reviews and were concerned with the "transition" from Palace to Hard Rock and what our stay at Aventura would be like. We had previously stayed at Cancun Palace and are Palace members. Our entire time at Aventura was excellent. The room was clean and well-maintained; all pools were sparkling clean; restaurants had good service and tasty food. Only had one less-than-perfect experience at the Mexican restaurant at The Cove. It took a very long time to get our food and the shrimp we ordered was overcooked. The employees are eager to help, always greet guests and work hard to communicate. As for timeshare presentations, we were offered gifts for attending one, but there was no pressure to do so. Even the presentation was not high-pressure. We have gone to more than 50 timeshare presentations so we know high-pressure when we see it and it just did not happen here! Fitness center and spa were excellent facilities. Hydrotherapy area was superb. One downside - and it doesn't have anything to do with the facility or staff - the distance from anything outside of the resort. Previously we had stayed at Cancun Palace and could easily catch public transportation to go to restaurants and shopping. Best option for that if you are staying at Aventura is Playa del Carmen. We had to take taxis and it took about 20 minutes each way. It was interesting to see Playa, but everything we needed was right at the resort. It is true that there is no beach but this really wasn't problematic to me. I could see the beautiful Caribbean from just about every spot on the property and previous experience with a beautiful beach in Cancun was that most people just don't swim in the ocean anyway - they prefer pools. We are looking forward to another trip there before 2014 and there will be no concerns the next time.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice view but they aren't all ocean views. There aren't very many ocean front...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear srobin316

Here at the Aventura Spa Palace we are so happy that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed our resort so much as you saw there is no issue with the transition to the HardRock and we will continue to keep up the level of service during the transformation without bothering our guests and at the end we will have the most unique resort in the Mayan Riviera. We hope you come back soon here at the Aventura Spa Palace.

Our goal is that every vacation will be a memorable one and we in the Aventura Spa Palace hope that you give us the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Vestal, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the friendliness of the staff. We went for a week 1/9-1/16 and wish it was longer. We opted to use our resort credits for the spa....lots of massages.

Spa - Amazing - definitely go early and use the sauna, steam, whirlpools, cold showers, foot bath

Food - We enjoyed Mundaca and Mo Mo No Hana the best as we are not fans of seafood. Breakfast was consistent every morning and lunch was always delicious as well.

Service - Staff was amazing! Everyone went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Daily pool entertainment was much fun as was the nightly shows.

Hotel - We were a little upset with having two full size beds in lieu of a King. Beds were really small for two people. The hotel definitely made up for it by putting the beds together. Turned the bed into a larger than king size bed that was much more comfortable. Some facilities are a little dated but it did not affect our stay. Really good bang for your buck.

Overall great trip. People seem to complain but don't realize if they want to be treated like VIP, they will pay for it. You definitely get what you pay for and then some.

Advice - Visit Cozumel. A taxi to Playa Del Carmen will cost $20 each way. The ferry is $12 each way per person. You can rent a Scooter on the island for $25 for the day. My wife and I drove all the way around the island and stopped at bars/restaurants along the way. Beautiful coastlines and friendly residents.

Also - Definitely check out the Monkey Tour at the hotel. The spider monkeys in their natural environment put on a show for us and we were walking through. This was a fun and free tour!

Note - There is no real beach at this resort. They have inlets with man made beaches. Unless you plan on surfing, this is a far better set up. You can snorkel, kayak and swim in very calm ocean waters. The break wall also creates some great sounds of waves crashing all day long.

Room Tip: Try to be near the pool or else you'll be walking quite a bit. The buffets, lobby and a couple o...
Dear Peter W

On behalf of the Aventura Spa Palace we are so glad that you had a great time and that you enjoyed our Spa our food and our great service. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and will pass them along to our great staff that made possible for you to have a great vacation; we will keep working very hard here at the Aventura Spa Palace to keep of the level of service that we have always been known for. We hope you come back soon and visit us during the summer we will have lots of new and exciting features waiting for you.

Stony Plain, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was our first time to MEXICO and we had an awesome time! We spent a week at the Spa. from Jan 9 -16 The service is top notch! Upon arrival we were greeted warmly at the door with a cool beverage our bags were taken care of immediately. We were checked in within 10 minutes and shown to our room, where there was a welcoming bottle of wine.
The room was clean and cleaned daily with turn down service in the evening. The one light over the bed was not working so we stopped at the front desk and let them know, it was fixed with 1/2 hour. The bar was restocked and if we had need of anything it was only a phone call away with prompt service!!! We had a delux room with a king bed which was very comfortable the pillows we wanted to take home!
It was a nice treat to be able to call at home at now charge, Good bonus!
The food was excellent with lots of choices in the buffet!!! The staff in all the resturants, buffet or ala carte were pleasant, helpful and always smiling. We witnessed them keeping "cool" and pleasant under some difficult situtations. I think some people are very rude and demanding, yet the staff were always smiling! WE ate at the Itlain restuarant 2x It was heavenly as was the steak house at the Cove. The food was excellent no matter what or choice and I might add you are able to eat at both the Spa and Cove if over 18.

No trouble getting drinks of various variety, always generous with the alcholic beverage of your choice. The drinks were cold and well done. Can't understans why anyone would be unhappy!
. The swim up bar at the Spa was a happen place with all sorts of activity,. The entertainment there was fun the staff working hard to engage visitors here at the swim up bar. The music was good and people seemed to enjoy themselves, and if t hat was not your thing you could chose another pool to relax at. The beach was nice and th cove swimming good as well.. if you like to swim futher out in the ocean this was not possible due to the large waves but inthe inlet awesome.
The Spa credits were neat. We used some for massage and manicure and pedicure The 11% is no big thing you pay tax most anywhere.Think of where else you can get these services for so little.
We also enjoyed the evening shows! THE Mexcian Feista being our favorite.
We believe the Aventura Spa was a good choice and would go back! All the staff are hard working, pleasant. We would like to commend all the staff for their hard work. The grounds are well maintianed with no garbage lying about. We hope that it remains this nice when it changes to Hard Rock. The atmosphere now is relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Nancy U

Thank you for your comments and we are so happy that you had such a great time in the Aventura Palce. We are very proud of our staff they are very hard working people and they always glad to serve our guest. We are very excited of our transition to the HardRock brand with this great staff will continue to provide great service.

We are looking to welcome you back here at the Aventura Palace or at any of our other resorts in Mexico or the Dominican Republic.

Best Regards.

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!