We were pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the friendliness of the staff. We went for a week 1/9-1/16 and wish it was longer. We opted to use our resort credits for the spa....lots of massages.
Spa - Amazing - definitely go early and use the sauna, steam, whirlpools, cold showers, foot bath
Food - We enjoyed Mundaca and Mo Mo No Hana the best as we are not fans of seafood. Breakfast was consistent every morning and lunch was always delicious as well.
Service - Staff was amazing! Everyone went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Daily pool entertainment was much fun as was the nightly shows.
Hotel - We were a little upset with having two full size beds in lieu of a King. Beds were really small for two people. The hotel definitely made up for it by putting the beds together. Turned the bed into a larger than king size bed that was much more comfortable. Some facilities are a little dated but it did not affect our stay. Really good bang for your buck.
Overall great trip. People seem to complain but don't realize if they want to be treated like VIP, they will pay for it. You definitely get what you pay for and then some.
Advice - Visit Cozumel. A taxi to Playa Del Carmen will cost $20 each way. The ferry is $12 each way per person. You can rent a Scooter on the island for $25 for the day. My wife and I drove all the way around the island and stopped at bars/restaurants along the way. Beautiful coastlines and friendly residents.
Also - Definitely check out the Monkey Tour at the hotel. The spider monkeys in their natural environment put on a show for us and we were walking through. This was a fun and free tour!
Note - There is no real beach at this resort. They have inlets with man made beaches. Unless you plan on surfing, this is a far better set up. You can snorkel, kayak and swim in very calm ocean waters. The break wall also creates some great sounds of waves crashing all day long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico