“Awesome experince... clean... fun... RELAXING” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Aventura Spa Palace to your Saves list
Orbitz.com CheapCaribbean
Aventura Spa Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Stony Plain, Canada
“Awesome experince... clean... fun... RELAXING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was our first time to MEXICO and we had an awesome time! We spent a week at the Spa. from Jan 9 -16 The service is top notch! Upon arrival we were greeted warmly at the door with a cool beverage our bags were taken care of immediately. We were checked in within 10 minutes and shown to our room, where there was a welcoming bottle of wine.
The room was clean and cleaned daily with turn down service in the evening. The one light over the bed was not working so we stopped at the front desk and let them know, it was fixed with 1/2 hour. The bar was restocked and if we had need of anything it was only a phone call away with prompt service!!! We had a delux room with a king bed which was very comfortable the pillows we wanted to take home!
It was a nice treat to be able to call at home at now charge, Good bonus!
The food was excellent with lots of choices in the buffet!!! The staff in all the resturants, buffet or ala carte were pleasant, helpful and always smiling. We witnessed them keeping "cool" and pleasant under some difficult situtations. I think some people are very rude and demanding, yet the staff were always smiling! WE ate at the Itlain restuarant 2x It was heavenly as was the steak house at the Cove. The food was excellent no matter what or choice and I might add you are able to eat at both the Spa and Cove if over 18.

No trouble getting drinks of various variety, always generous with the alcholic beverage of your choice. The drinks were cold and well done. Can't understans why anyone would be unhappy!
. The swim up bar at the Spa was a happen place with all sorts of activity,. The entertainment there was fun the staff working hard to engage visitors here at the swim up bar. The music was good and people seemed to enjoy themselves, and if t hat was not your thing you could chose another pool to relax at. The beach was nice and th cove swimming good as well.. if you like to swim futher out in the ocean this was not possible due to the large waves but inthe inlet awesome.
The Spa credits were neat. We used some for massage and manicure and pedicure The 11% is no big thing you pay tax most anywhere.Think of where else you can get these services for so little.
We also enjoyed the evening shows! THE Mexcian Feista being our favorite.
We believe the Aventura Spa was a good choice and would go back! All the staff are hard working, pleasant. We would like to commend all the staff for their hard work. The grounds are well maintianed with no garbage lying about. We hope that it remains this nice when it changes to Hard Rock. The atmosphere now is relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Guest Relations Manager at Aventura Spa Palace, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Nancy U

Thank you for your comments and we are so happy that you had such a great time in the Aventura Palce. We are very proud of our staff they are very hard working people and they always glad to serve our guest. We are very excited of our transition to the HardRock brand with this great staff will continue to provide great service.

We are looking to welcome you back here at the Aventura Palace or at any of our other resorts in Mexico or the Dominican Republic.

3,728 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Lacombe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a wonderful vacation. We enjoy the resort, the staff and the extras they offer.
We stayed at the spa resort at the end of December 2012. It was very busy because of a special they had. At times it was hard to find a chair at the pools or lagoon but just had to wait a bit.

Restaurants were quick to get into, with the occasional short wait. Vantana’s supper buffet was delicious every time. Quick service, excellent wait staff and the food incredible. Thanks to Vianney and her staff and Jorge the chef. The outdoor buffet’s and entertainment were great fun, especially the Mexican fiesta with the dancers and venders, awesome. Mundaca – excellent steak. Thanks to Edgar for recommending the wines. We went to their wine tasting, Edgar is very knowledgeable about wines and his recommendation was always perfect. Our last dinner was at La Trattoria and Carlos was our server – he recommended the chocolate ravioli for dessert, it was very delicious.
I’d like to thank Beatrice at the sweet & café, Sonja at the cove pool bar and Diane at the spa pool bar for their great service and for making our vacation even more enjoyable. Danny and his entertainment crew – great job. We really enjoyed the Mayan show on Dec 21. The spa was a wonderful treat and we made good use of our resort credits there. Rogelio Perez Juarez gave a fantastic chocolate massage.
We went to a membership session where we were told they are changing the resort’s name from “Spa” to “Heaven”…really??? I think that’s taking it a bit too far….perhaps something like paradise, but Heaven??
Which brings up another topic…it was Christmas, we have been at this resort for Christmas before and it was always a big celebration, Christmas trees, special Christmas dinners, nativities, Santa, ice sculptures, Christmas music….this year Christmas trees, a beautiful ginger bread village – for a few hours, Santa and very little Christmas music…what happened to Christmas???

I did not notice any lifeguards at the pools, there were large crowds in the pools, plus people were in the pools after dark. Given that everyone is there to have a good time and booze runs freely, the pools are a place where accidents could likely occur.

The main thing the bothered me were the other guest…yes we were all on vacation and have certain expectations. The resort was very busy, the staff where literally running their butts off to take care of guest, they worked long hours, we saw them working late at night and again working the breakfast buffet…happy & with a smile on their face. They were tired but it was the guest that were cranky and rude. What’s the rush…your on vacation, relax. I even saw a dad try to give cash to the maitre’d to get seated when there was a line up. I was happy to see it didn’t work!

Rooms are very comfortable, good view, great bathroom products.
I highly recommend this resort, the Cove and Spa. However I’m not totally comfortable with the direction they are going with the Hard Rock changes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear dor2arl

We are glad that you had a good time at the Aventura Spa Palace and that you loved our great restaurants and that you made great use of your credits at the Spa and the great entertainment that we have at the resort.

We appreciate your suggestions and comments and yes we were very busy during Christmas but we still manage to make your vacation a great success and don’t worry next year we are going to have a great HardRock Christmas tree.

We hope to improve on your stay next time so we hope you give us the chance to host you again here at the Aventura Spa Palace.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were a family of four, it's february 2012. Two 19 year old girls who were bored out of their minds, and well the parents didn't like this hotel.

Food: Awful, no service, I don't know if they were in training, but let just say, I bought this and what I got was excuses. The food was awful, except for the mini burgers the girls ordered, french fries and beer, and that is what we lived on. Except for one great supper. It is a long vacation when you have to go downtown cancun to go eat.

We were bored out of our minds, nothing to do, not even where kids and parents are housed.

We were bugged to no hell by the poeple who were selling timeshare, please, I bought a vacation not to be bugged by your antics that I should by into a timeshare. Leave your guess alone.

Great spas if you get in, that is it was part of our deal, but had problems with the people who did the schedule for you, every excuse that you can think of, we got it. We did finally get a massage and I had great service. But trying to spend the money per room, we could not, it was always full or the times were not convenient or the last day of our trip. That is sad, don't promise something that you can't service, people are not fools.

Drinks were fin in all of the bars, the swimming pool was just ok, there were no entertainment, nothing worked or was under repair.

Food: Oh distastrous, we complained and only the last night did we have a great dinner, apart from that not even the breakfast or lunch buffet. Stay away.

Beach well it's a lagone, my dear friends, nothing to write home about, but yes, their was snorkling and did they did clean up the beach.

The management should all be fired, from the first to the last.

A few days into our miserable vacation, it rained, and water was everywhere, it' rained into our room. Anyway we proceed to walk away to go to the restaurant, I slipped and fell, hit my head on account that it was very slippery. I got to go to the clinic, and I got to pay, because management just wanted me to sign a letter stating I was ok, so they can save their beacon.

I got myself a concussion and lost several teeth, no I was not drunk, nor had I been drinking, I was completely sober.

Room Tip: Go elswhere and get new management in their. This place will never be good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear axxiefox,

Please accept our heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; As you know we had an unexpected high occupancy during your stay and the staff was not able to provide you with the service that you deserve, let me assure you that we already have increase our staff levels and step up their training. We are confident that with this actions we will be able to complete our transition to the HardRock brand in a way that does not cause any inconveniences to our guest and at the end this is going to be the most unique and great experience in the Mayan Riviera and this is all done to enhance your stay and that young and old have something exciting to do.

We are sorry you did not like the food but I am sure that if you go to one of our 7 restaurants you must be able to find something that you like.

It is our obligation to make our customers feel as they deserve and this is why we regret that you did not feel our warm service and our special treatment which is customary to our Guests.

Please be informed, we are in no way, taking your dissatisfaction lightly, in fact your comments have been forwarded to several key people in our organization for training purposes. Furthermore, we have begun putting a comprehensive plan in place to provide better and timely information, more tools and resources for our guest and improved procedures for handling challenges in the future. We are confident, as a result of these actions; we will continue being reliable and customer responsive.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights here to celebrate my 40th birthday. We returned yesterday. After reading all the reviews and hesitating to book our trip here, I feel obligated to share my experience.
We booked directy through Aventura's website. We booked an oceanview concierge room. After reading reviews, my concerns were about poor service at the front desk and not being able to book spa services (or taking hours to book the services) to use our $500 credit since we were only there for 3 days.
I did some research and was able to make spa reservations in advance via email.
We used a private shuttle service (Cancun Shuttle which was reasonably priced and excellent service.) We arrived at a very busy time on a Saturday afternoon. It was chaotic and there was a bit of a wait at the front dsk, but nothing unreasonable. My husband generously tipped the front desk man and requested a nice room be on the second or third floor. That was a waste of effort since the rooms are assigned in advance and apparantly they cannot/will not change anything. It did not stop him from accepting the tip though. We were escorted to our room and were quite disapponted in the view. It was supposed to be an ocean view concierge room. We did receive the concierge "amenities", but it was a big stretch to call it an ocean view room. You could not see the ocean out the patio door. You could see a very small amount of blue if you stood in the very corner of the patio. Ugh. I had booked concierge only because I read these had the best ocean views. Absolutely not. Almost anywhere else on property would have had a better view. We complained to the man escoring us and got on the phone right away to the front desk. The employee suggested we leave our luggage in the room and walk back to the desk to complain. He was nice about it and obviously knew that we would get nowhere. This must be a common occurance!
The front desk was absolutely no help. The first man asked where on our receipt it said oceanview. It did not, but that was the description on the website. He said it was because we booked it through a travel site and it was their fault. We booked it directly with ASP. He said he would have someone check the website and fix it. There were many excuses...all a waste of time. We supposedly spoke to a supervisor who also could not/ would not help but added us to a "waiting list" to change rooms tomorrow. We could see the room next to us complained as well. He said he would really make our case to the person who assigns rooms since we were staying such a short time for such a special occasion. We returned to the desk the next morning at 8am and it was as if they had no idea we even asked to change rooms. They said they could put is on the waitlist again. It was a big run around. All we could do was put it out of our minds and enjoy our trip.
While I'm still complaining, let me mention that the clock/ipod dock did not work, the safe did not work, the hammock was hung way too high to use, and half of the blackout shade was missing. We reported these things the morning we realized we were stuck with that room. They fixed 2 of the things immediately. It took another call to get a rope extension for the hammock to be hung lower and the blackout shade was never taken care of. No big deal with any of these things. Overall they were pretty responsive.
Still slightly complaining... the concierge amenities aren't worth it and in some cases just seem like an illusion. I would not recommend booking concierge! (The only reason we did was for a good view...and that was certainly bad advice.) Their was upgraded liquor in the room (we don't drink though.) There was aromatherapy which helped the mustly smell that cannot be avoided in such a humid climate. There were petite fours delivered nightly (2 one inch squares of dry cake or a piece of chocolate)...fine. The "pillow menu" was placed in our room the second day but they had nothing available. Nothing. There was a concierge room service menu with a choice or two from each of the restuarants for dinner. The choices were limited. We did not have a regular room service menu and have no idea if one even exists. We used room service for breakfast the first day and it was fine. The buffet was better. There is a breakfast slip for room service to hang on your door at night. I'm sure this is for any room, not just concierge. The beachbag was okay. Very cheap, but fine. The shampoo ect. did not appear to be an upgrade either. The worst scam is the "candlelight dinner." We called to book ours for the night of my birthday thinking this would be something special. They offered us the choice of the mexican style restaurant either on the spa side or the cove side. I had read the cove restaurant was better and we booked there. They said there would be a special menu. There was absolutely nothing different about this dinner. Nothing. We asked the waiter what was supposed to be special/different and he said we could order lobster if we wanted. No thanks. They wouldn't even have mentioned it if we hadn't asked. They really shouldn't advertise this...or they should actually do something to make it special. The only real advantage to concierge for us were the (2) 25 minute massages. Again, I wouldn't book concierge! You can certainly pay for a massage with the money saved or just use your credits for the spa anyway.
Their is no concierge lounge or desk. You simply dial "0" to talk to someone to book your dinner or whatever. I don't think they really understand what concierge usually means.
Sorry for all the complaining, but I wanted to give as much detail as possible. I know it would have helped me know what to expect and make my decisions.
Now for the good stuff...
The resort is beautiful! The room actually looks better in person than it does in the pictures. The pools are nice. The lagoons although they don't look like much for snorkeling are actually pretty good. You can see quite a variety of fish especially near the ocean inlets. The lagoon in front of the cove side is the largest and probably has the best snorkeling.
The service is very good (other than at the front desk.) I was impressed with the quality of the food overall. I haven't been to any other all inclusive resorts but I travel a lot and it was better than any cruise I have been on. The buffet food quality in particualr was better than I have had from any buffet other than at a very high end restaurant.
The service at the pool and "beach" was also pretty good. Sometimes slow, but more frequent than I expected. Nobody I encountered ever expected an additional tip (I say additional because it is my understanding that all-inclusive means tips are included.) We did often give additional tips but it was nice that it was not expected.
The spa really is the shining gem of this place. The services were excellent. I had the 25 minute concierge massage which was truly excellent! And a deep tissue massage that was very good, combined with a sensitive facial which was good but I've had better. I also had an aromatherpy massage which as very good. I didn't make use of the hydrotherapy area, but I did observe it for a while and noticed an attendant expertly manage the clients through the area and get them to their spa service on time.
We only went to one show...Michael Jackson tribute because I read good things about it. I was surprised that the room had wooden folding chairs. The dancers were good. The lip synching was terrible and it's all I heard anyone talking about. Also, the main costumes looked cheap. I'm really not a show snob, but for some reason these things bothered me. We didn't stay the whole show and decided not to give the circus show a try either.
Considering I paid about half of what I would have paid at a similar all-inclusive resort, I would say I enjoyed our stay. In addition to paying half...the $500 spa credit really made it awesome! I would have loved this place if not for the deceptive practices of the front desk (maybe it's all the fault of the way they advertise the rooms, but it is obviously so common that at this point there seems to be deceptive practices.) If you're looking for a bargain all-inclusive then this is your place. Hopefully they will get themselves more together as the ownership change is completed.
Just considering the facilities and services (excluding the front desk) I would say this is a 4 (out of 5) star resort.

Room Tip: Avoid concierge rooms if you're looking for a good ocean view. All ocean views will be partial...
Dear MPam2

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Aventura Palace, Even if you had some issues at the front desk. We have shared your comments with the staff at the front desk. We welcome your feedback and we are going to deal directly with management to solve the issues that we had.
Otherwise we are glad that you enjoyed our resort so much, you mention that you loved our food, the beautiful room and of course our amazing Spa where you got a great massage using your credits. And on top of that you got a great deal. So looks like we did our job even though that you stayed during one of the busiest times of the year and on top of this we are going to make this resort even better thanks to our partnership with Hardrock we are going to fully renovate it and make it the most exciting place in the Mayan Riviera while keeping the great service that you experienced.

Please come back soon, since all of our changes are going to be done gradually so not to disturb our gests you can come back as soon as this summer.

oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We just got back from a week at Aventura Spa Palace. We had never been to Mexico before, but friends invited us to go to Aventura with them. I was very nervous about going, after reading so many bad reviews in Tripadvisor, but was so happy we went. The people there, from the front desk, restaurants, spa, pool, maid service to the groundskeepers were amazing. I never passed one person that didn't great me with a pleasant Hola! Everyone that works there goes out of their way to do whatever you need. Sometimes the communication, because of my lack of Spanish was difficult, but everyone tried very hard to understand what our needs were. The facility is beautiful, and it was everything I wanted and imagined that it would be. My only complaints are that the music in the lobby, and at the shows, is way too loud, and that you can't get change anywhere in the hotel for cabs, etc. Take many small bills and $20's. $100 bills don't work very well, because many places give pesos for change.

Room Tip: Bump to the conceirge level if possible, it's nice! Enjoyed the more private beach area. And b...
Dear jdtOregon

On behalf of the Aventura Spa Palace we thank you for your comments and suggestions. You were right in not listening to the bad reviews, once you experience our great service with our impeccable facilities along with the option of using your resort credits for Spa services or excursion there is just no comparison. We might have had an issue of overbooking but that was because people keep coming back to our resort year after year.

Your comments motivates all of us here at the Aventura Spa Palace to keep up with the great service and to continue to improve our resort now that we are going to fully renovated thanks to our partnership with Hardrock. But let me assure you that our service will remain being the best in the Mayan Riviera.

Please come back soon we are going to have lots of surprises in your next stay that we are sure you are going to love.

Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

As the title says, mostly good overall, but several minor issues. I wasn't expecting perfection and the issues were fairly minor in the grand scheme of things. The value is pretty solid.

Some have mentioned a transition to Hard Rock Management being obvious, but I saw nothing.

We arrived fairly late, were welcomed with a drink and a quick 10 minute check in. Everything was clearly spelled out several times about the $1500 credit and the 11% taxes. I asked if they were full as I was going to ask for an upgrade, but they said the resort was completely booked. I never found anything that busy on the resort though, so I question that a bit. No big deal though.

Also, never once approached about timeshares or membership.

The room is pretty much as pictured. It was clean, simple and we had a bottle of wine waiting for us. There is some signs of things being a touch dated, but overall the only thing we noticed (and I've read in other reviews) are that the linens are well worn. The doors do a poor job of blocking noise though, so late night partiers and early morning staffers are pretty loud in the room. Just the cleaning staff carts make quite the noise on the tile floors.

The grounds of the hotel are well kept and maintained. The pool is clean. Chairs are tough to come by around the pool of course, but fairly easy around the beach area. The beach was a hard packed coarse white sand. I was hoping it would be more natural, but it's still a pretty nice area. The cove was calm and there were always fish around. It was fairly shallow (maybe 4' deep at most) and you can do some basic snorkeling and light kayaking in the cove. You do miss nice fine sand and some waves, but it was alright.

Smokers - please use the ashtrays. It's disgusting to see butts on the beach or even in the water when they provide ashtrays to everyone.

We used our $1500 credits for two deep tissue massages, a couples massage, wine tasting, steak and lobster dinner on the beach and two bottles of upgraded wine. You can argue that this isn't worth $1500, but for $165 - that's a bargain. On day two, we walked in, waited about 5 minutes before we saw someone and booked everything in about 30 minutes with no issue.

The men's massage experience seemed better than the women's. If you go an hour early, there is a host who runs your through the hydrotherapy routine and is very attentive to you. Several women I spoke with had no such host/hostess on their side. The massages were nice, nothing ground breaking, but they do a pretty good job.

The food was simply OK. I don't travel to all inclusives for amazing food, but this was a bit bland for me. The quality and service were good, just bland tasting. The mexican restaurant on the Spa side was more of a Mexican theme than decent Mexican food. On the Cove side, it was a little better. The Asian restaurant was the only one we enjoyed the most. The Italian was decent as well. Wine/water glasses were never empty.

Overall, we never had to wait longer than a couple minutes at any restaurant and we typically went between 7:30 and 8:30PM.

We also ordered room service 3 times. Always right on time, quick and polite. I will also add that we barely ever had to wait at the bars either.

The nightlife...is pretty dead. They have a show per night, but it's always on the Cove side (WHY?) and it's typically a bit too kid friendly. Magic Show, Circus, Breakdancing...I missed the Fire show which I'd imagine would be pretty good though. But after the show on the Cove side, they tell people to continue in the night club. The night club is the one part of the resort that appeared really dumpy. It was also dead because 70% of the place is on the Spa/Adult side, so not many people want to come to the Cove/Family Lobby to party. Walking around the resort after 10PM, there isn't much going on anywhere.

The minor issues we had were mostly related to housekeeping. Sometimes we were left without a hand towel, face clothes or were left out of soap. I always asked for extra water and left a tip - about half the time I got the extra water.

I also asked for the sheets to be changed (hanging the designated sign on the door) and they ignored it several times. I had a bit of the flu, so I had some night sweats. I also skinned my knee playing volleyball and some blood leaked past the band aid. I was hoping for clean sheets after that, but 3 days later, not changed.

We also asked for a 2 hour late check out. We were told it was not possible. I pleaded so I could spend a couple more hours on the beach before taking a shower, but I was told no and that I should get a hospitality room. I booked one, but when we went to use it, they told us none were available so we had to wait 30 minutes until they figured out a solution. They ended up giving us a key to another room on the Cove side (10 minute walk) so we had to rush over to shower and rush back. That was a bit annoying and all of it could have been avoided by giving us 1-2 more hours in our room.

That's my review. Overall, it was a pretty good deal and the resort credits were very nice. Only some minor issues/complaints. We tried not to let any of it bother us.

Room Tip: Not many bad rooms here.
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Transfer to hotel was unorganized we have been going to the moon palace since 1999 and never had a problem with transfers this is only the second time we stayed at a different resort since they had the 1/2 off why not try anther resort we finally arrived at the aventura spa check in was fast and our room was ready went to room very smooth
We went down and signed up for all our spa treatments witch was outstanding the food was very good the steakhouse was wonderful Alfonso our waiter was so wonderful we asked for him again very friendly the 2nd time we had Alfonso and manual Alfonso should be a trainer he is that good
The pool is beautiful but couldn't believe that people were getting away with saving chairs they would put towels on a few chairs and not show up for hours the management needs to watch that maybe if no one shows up pull the towel or perhaps put a sign up no saving chairs it's not right chairs with towels and 3 or4 hours go by with no one in the chairs
It was overbooked the service was good but not upstanding like the moon palace is
The entertainment in the lobby 2 guys and a gal she could win American idol she played brass and sing she is very talented
The monkeys were everywhere in trees out where you come and go in cars that was so fun to watch we would go out for a walk every morning after breakfast just to see them what a treat all in all it was a great vacation

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear goldenstar19

We are so glad that you enjoy your stay with us here at the Aventura Spa Palace and that you enjoy our great Spa and the great food. We are going to share your comments with our staff to keep them motivated in providing the great service we are known for.

We are implementing changes in our resort in order to provide you an even better vacation experience. We have dealt with the issues that you mention and we have increased our staff to meet the demands of the high occupancy rates that we had.

We invite you to come back soon, If you loved the entertainment that we had you are going to love it even more once we change to the HardRock.

Our goal is to always provide the best stay possible and here in Aventura Spa Palace hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Best Regards.

Been to Aventura Spa Palace? Share your experiences!