We had a wonderful vacation. We enjoy the resort, the staff and the extras they offer.
We stayed at the spa resort at the end of December 2012. It was very busy because of a special they had. At times it was hard to find a chair at the pools or lagoon but just had to wait a bit.
Restaurants were quick to get into, with the occasional short wait. Vantana’s supper buffet was delicious every time. Quick service, excellent wait staff and the food incredible. Thanks to Vianney and her staff and Jorge the chef. The outdoor buffet’s and entertainment were great fun, especially the Mexican fiesta with the dancers and venders, awesome. Mundaca – excellent steak. Thanks to Edgar for recommending the wines. We went to their wine tasting, Edgar is very knowledgeable about wines and his recommendation was always perfect. Our last dinner was at La Trattoria and Carlos was our server – he recommended the chocolate ravioli for dessert, it was very delicious.
I’d like to thank Beatrice at the sweet & café, Sonja at the cove pool bar and Diane at the spa pool bar for their great service and for making our vacation even more enjoyable. Danny and his entertainment crew – great job. We really enjoyed the Mayan show on Dec 21. The spa was a wonderful treat and we made good use of our resort credits there. Rogelio Perez Juarez gave a fantastic chocolate massage.
We went to a membership session where we were told they are changing the resort’s name from “Spa” to “Heaven”…really??? I think that’s taking it a bit too far….perhaps something like paradise, but Heaven??
Which brings up another topic…it was Christmas, we have been at this resort for Christmas before and it was always a big celebration, Christmas trees, special Christmas dinners, nativities, Santa, ice sculptures, Christmas music….this year Christmas trees, a beautiful ginger bread village – for a few hours, Santa and very little Christmas music…what happened to Christmas???
I did not notice any lifeguards at the pools, there were large crowds in the pools, plus people were in the pools after dark. Given that everyone is there to have a good time and booze runs freely, the pools are a place where accidents could likely occur.
The main thing the bothered me were the other guest…yes we were all on vacation and have certain expectations. The resort was very busy, the staff where literally running their butts off to take care of guest, they worked long hours, we saw them working late at night and again working the breakfast buffet…happy & with a smile on their face. They were tired but it was the guest that were cranky and rude. What’s the rush…your on vacation, relax. I even saw a dad try to give cash to the maitre’d to get seated when there was a line up. I was happy to see it didn’t work!
Rooms are very comfortable, good view, great bathroom products.
I highly recommend this resort, the Cove and Spa. However I’m not totally comfortable with the direction they are going with the Hard Rock changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico