We stayed at the Aventura the 20-25th of December. All of the reviews on here made me very nervous, so I went in with a little bit of a negative expectation. We did the concierge level, which really was only a few hundred dollars more, and it was absolutely worth it. We never had a problem getting a chair. We did go reserve them early after one day, just to be certain we got the spot we wanted. The food was pretty good. I wouldn’t call it great, but I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. Breakfast was my favorite. I enjoyed the Italian the least, and the Japanese and Steakhouse the most. Never once did I feel like our meal was bad.
We did not feel ripped off at all by the $1500 credits. I guess it just depends how you look at it. We used approx. $900 of our credit, so our bill checking out was $90. I was thrilled to have done 3 spa treatments, go on a tour to Tulum and my husband golfed for that price. I have never been one to go to spas every day, but with our credits, I had one package with a massage/facial/body scrub, hot stone massage, and a back massage (complimentary with Concierge level). My husband had a facial, which he really liked as well. The spa truly is fabulous. Yes, we didn’t get the appointment times we wanted every time, but a little persistence goes a long way. If you ask nicely and tip a little, it’s amazing what people will do for you. I also got a pedicure in the salon, which wasn’t great. I would not waste my time or resort credits there.
The rooms were nice, but not fabulous. I am a little snobby when it comes to accommodations, and they really do have decent rooms. They need to upgrade linens, but everything was very clean. We stayed on the first floor. If there had been a 2nd or 3rd floor available we would have preferred that.
A few other things. The gym was absolutely top notch. They have spin classes, great free weights, and plenty of cardio machines. We went every day and it was pretty crowded. They could have gotten a few more elliptical machines, but other than that no complaints.
I would definitely return to the Aventura Spa. The staff was very friendly. They did not always know exactly what was going on, but they were always trying very hard to make sure you were enjoying your vacation. The big thing was, take time your first day there to book everything. It makes for a much more enjoyable time. If they say they don’t have something, be persistent and keep asking. They will get it done for you eventually. It was a bit of a hassle to book all of our spa/golf/tours, but was worth taking the hour to do it all in the long run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Prestigia and Otel so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico