Lourdes at the water therapies was very kind and helpful, so was Diana at the VIP members office. Overall, waiters, waitresses and bartenders were very nice and accommodating but the attitude of other staff was plain rude at times.
SPA treatments were a treat although they were always late, presumably because the hotel did not allow enough time to sort out the room, sheets, etc for the next guest.
Check-in took too long. You are on vacation and cannot make yourself upset over this type of things but when you probably woke up before dawn to go to the airport in your home town, you are anxious to get the key to your room before the day is over.
Expect the transfer back to the airport to take place 4 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight departure. This is ridiculous as the transfer only takes 1 hour and your airport check-in is 2 hours prior.
Observing the attitude and behavior of the staff, I realized that they do not concentrate on one task, allowing for more opportunities to make mistakes. When checking out, my husband and I were lining up at the check out counter when one of the employees asked us to move forward but then proceeded to take a long call to sort out names and room numbers of a large group. This happens frequently.
At the VIP center, I requested a statement of used credits and balance owed for the tax. I felt I was annoying the lady who took my request and when she finally gave me the statement, it was for another room. When I told the lady, who was gone to do something else for a short while, the rude remark I got from her was that "I had given her the wrong room number". This is ridiculous, as I surely knew my room number on departure date but it also tells a lot about the lack of manners when dealing with guests.
When I questioned some of the charges, I was told I needed to talk to the supervisor, who had not yet arrived, according to the staff member. -"Come later, she said". I told her I had seen the supervisor coming in a few minutes earlier, then her tune changed. She said the supervisor was now at a meeting. These kind of responses are insulting as it is evident they think that guests will be gullible enough to believe their disparate and contradictory statements.
Robes were not facilitated in our rooms, in spite of advertising it. Robes were often wet at the SPA. Getting lounge chairs in a shaded of partially shaded area was an impossible task, no matter how early you went.
The food is excellent, overall, with a varied menu and lots of choices if you are looking at eating healthy. The specialty restaurants, with the exception of the Hacienda, are not remarkable. Extra credits charged for the chef dinner and extra $340 credit per couple charged for the Romantic dinner are a waste of time. Mexican food is excellent and I understand they try to offer guests other options but when a country does not have recent immigration from Italy or Asia, nor well trained chefs from those countries, the results will be poor.
If you have to sort anything regarding paperwork or you have to book SPA treatments, be prepared to spend a long time doing so. Our group asked for a late transfer at 12:30 pm, arranging our own transportation to the airport. It was annoying to receive a call to our rooms just after midnight on the day prior to leaving, asking if we were leaving at midnight or on the afternoon of the following day. All of us where sleeping at the time of the call.
The resort would benefit from a complete overhaul. A beach would be a good addition. The $1500 resort credits per room are attractive; I don't see how they will get business if this is discontinued but it shouldn't worry us as we won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico