So I took a deep breath and began this review. I understand the resort is in transition to a Hard Rock Resort. (However, no physical changes were evident during our stay). We have visited most of the Palace resorts over the past 14 years including 3 visits to Aventura and I must say this trip was absolutely the worst. One bright spot was Jeovani our waiter at Grekkos he made our trip!
The half off special was great but we still paid too much!
Other than the Chefs Dinner, the food was mediocre at best and never served hot, or in a timely fashion. Drinks were good. Many of the staff seemed preoccupied and treated the guests as if we were a distraction. Our room did not get swept or mopped for 9 days, bed linens did not get changed until we requested(8 days into the trip) and we had to ask repeatedly for wash cloths and hand towels. No bathrobes and we did not have the amenities listed.
The Spa and Salon visits were very good but due to staffing issues we had to schedule around availability, not when we looked forward to having the treatments.
Facility and grounds were in good order but the vibe was not what it used to be. We are very, very saddened over the direction of the resort and can not recommend this property.
Upon suggestion of the vacation planner, we took a day trip to the Hard Rock Cancun (formerly Cancun Palace). While this trip brought a glimmer of hope (still not to the level of quality of service of Palace properties) it left us wondering what happened to the Palace experience we have come to enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico