We visited Aventura Spa 3 years ago and returned 10/23/12 - 11/3/12. After reading some of the negative comments we were a little nervous that things had changed from the wonderful experience we had 3 years ago. Absolutely NOTHING had changed - it was still the great place it was. I do believe that some people's expectations are unrealistic and probably people who are frequently hard to please. Here are some comments about our experience:
SERVICE STAFF : EVERY person you encounter from the housekeeping and grounds staff to the management and everyone inbetween is so friendly and goes out of the way to say "Hola" and smile. Servers in restaurants go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your meal.
SPA: Because everyone gets the $1,500 resort credit the spa services are somewhat difficult to book. Being flexible is the key. Spa services are amazing - we used almost all of our credit on spa services and had wraps, massages, Shiatsu, Marine bath and scrub - and we did the Temazcal "spiritual" treatment. What an unbelievable experience. Even my husband who was skeptical about it said he got quite a lot out of it. Rafael was so calming and sweet and really made the experience wonderful.
VACATION PLANNERS: SEBASTIAN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!! I can't express how helpful Sebastian was with booking our spa appointments as well as Xcaret, Chef Dinner & Romantic dinner. He went above and beyond what we expected and followed through with every one of his promises and offers to do for us. Booking so many treatments was very time consuming but if you are patient - he gets the job done! The man is definitely management material!!!
ROOMS: Very clean and nice - not too small as some people have complained about. Everytime we called room service for something we needed they arrived within 10 minutes or less and each time there was a followup call asking if we'd gotten what we needed and did we need anything else.
FOOD: Buffets were fairly typical of buffet food - but both at breakfast and lunch there are cooked to order items so if buffet food isn't your thing you don't have to eat it! Many items on the buffet were great - but a few not as good. Salad bar was very fresh with many toppings. A la carte restaurants were very good - a few were Great! La Hacienda (cove side) had amazing food - and guacamole prepared tableside. Soups are fantastic! La Trattoria was also amazing - everything was so fresh and flavorful - again soups were great. The ambiance is really great too - like you're in a little Italian Cafe! The Romantic Dinner (use your resort credits) was lots of fun and we had it on top of Mundaca overlooking the ocean with a a full moon above it. There was heat lightning in the clouds - a great Nature show! Another great time was the Chef Dinner - probably one of our favorite things we did. (Also use your resort credit) - really interesting recipes with wine paired with the particular course. The omelette chefs at the breakfast buffets were really great - and there were so many fillings.
SHOWS: Shows were definitely top notch - the Magic show was really, really good. The Breakdance show was just incredible - we got to see it twice since we stayed for 11 days - the 2nd time we saw the show was just as exciting as the first!! What talented staff!!
SHUTTLE SERVICE: Several times we took the Shuttle to Playacar and then the members shuttle to Playacar Palace. If you want to lay on a beach this is where you spend the day - very nice - but much, much smaller than Aventura. The system runs well. One day we took the shuttle to Playacar and then the ferry to Cozumel and spent several hours at Cozumel Palace. It's even smaller than Playacar - but very lovely. The lunch buffet was definitely not typical buffet - it had build your own pizza and teppanyaki as well as cooked to order foods and if was all very fresh and tasted great.
To summarize, we weren't disappointed in the least with Aventura Spa - it was an awesome 11 days and we're going back in June for our anniversary!! A 4-star place to have your vacation!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico