We recently visited Aventura Spa. Last time there was just prior to the split between adults/families. There were 10 of us travelling together and we all had a great time. Check in was smooth and had no glitches except for one couple that did not like their view. Try not to get a room ending in 04 or 05 since most of your view will be the back side of the presidential suite. They were able to get a different room.
We used the spa for many different treatments. The chocolate wrap was wonderful. I would recommend that to anyone. Thanks to Felipe in the spa. It was a wonderful marine scrub and bath. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it was very nice and he is very professional. I am sorry I do not remember the other staff names, but they are all terrific.
You can already feel the Hard Rock vibe especially in the salon. The staff is dressed in black (unlike the usual beige that Palace had) and it was a nice change. It made us not feel as rowdy since there were several of us in there at the same time getting our nails done. They were more than accommodating if you needed a drink. Thanks to Carlos, Rubi and Carmen for the great service.
I thought the food was very good. We ate at La Hacienda one night and had guacamole made tableside. They underestimated how much our group ate and we had them come back again for more. It was very good and made to order. If you did not want something in it, just let them know.
We did snorkel and kayak in the lagoon. It was nice that equipment was there to borrow, but you can tell some of it needs to be replaced. Many of the clasps on the life vests were broken. The water was not that deep that I was worried. We did not hang out by the pool that much to enjoy the recreation staff, but they did come by the lagoon to let us know what was happening. We enjoyed the quiet by the lagoon.
I cannot complain about housekeeping. Everything was done to my expectations. Even when the batteries for the tv remote died, we called and someone came right away. I cannot expect more than that.
The one complaint I have is the length of time it takes to schedule appointments. That department is understaffed. They are very thorough and I do not want to blame them, but I know we had some of our group in there for over an hour. There needs to be a better way to do this. I was glad I had scheduled some of my services ahead of time. I would have scheduled them all, but I did not know exactly what I wanted to do.
For the 4 couples we were with, it was their first visit. I know that 2 couples are already trying to plan a visit back to Aventura Spa. I know we will be visiting again.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Aventura Spa
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.